mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #211 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

The Cocker is the New Crack of paintball. Let it ride When the twister came out I couldn't afford one. Yrs later I'm in Boston begging at the counter for a possible body they might have in the back room. I had a BUTT load of cash on me that night.

Now they are coming back. I careless who makes them. As long as I get one that is milled from front to back, I'll be happy Only metal that should be left is around the detent hole, where the front block connects to the body, Back block pin area, where the trigger frame connects to body, where the ASA connects to the body.

Should have interchangable feeds and a "P" block.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoov7888 View Post
So now there's no need for a "list" and not so much of a mcb special limited type run? Sorta fishy how BP just so happens to be making a twister 15 years later......right as we decide to do this run...I wish it were more limited like the initial plan.
I thought we cleared this up but...

We have built our company to more than just a "custom gun shop" and have grown to be the largest Paintball enterprise in the northeast featuring 2 Proshops with attached first class turf'd indoor playing facilities totaling over 110,000 sg/ft between the 2 buildings and a top notch outdoor tournament facility with 3 regulation turf'd 7Man/Xball fields with full pits/scoreboards and full woodsball fields with a village and castle. Did I mention we run the largest tournament series in the Northeast with the New England Paintball and New England Xball League offering 3man/5man/Xball/7Man/Pump divisions with 15 events this season?

We've been busy the past decade or so...

Let's face it when K2 bought out WGP the cocker market went in the crapper... With the introduction of the Empire Sniper and the resurgence of the pump and vintage market over the past few years we began discussions with Serge to reboot the product line. We never shunned our loyal customers, ask anyone that has contacted us regarding a missing part or anyone that has brought a twister, express or reflex in for service, we take great pride in ensuring that we give those markers/requests top priority even 20 years later and will continue to do so for 20 more.

Yes the timing seems a bit weird, but factor this into the equation:

CommittedPaintball.com, Boston Paintball's webstore is launching on March 15th, this site will feature our entrance back into the custom gun game and provide super fast shipping PLUS hard to find items. We are launching this site with a custom GEO3 we call the "Reaper"....

The next announcement was scheduled to be the Twister series, we planned to stagger the announcements so the Reaper could get a bit of traction.

Does this make sense now?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #213 (permalink)
Ebay, camocow200

I have left this thread open for good reasons..Only I and the Mods can close it..Nuff said..

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (1160+) + 100% positive feedback
MCB 290 pos feedback

"Mar" bro: welcome to the forum, super nice marker - hopeful for your sale.
"stargazer" It's ma'am actually, not bro.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #214 (permalink)
MCB Member

So I know there's a presale for Reapers if you go to the Chelsea field....will we see the same thing for the Twister's?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
So I know there's a presale for Reapers if you go to the Chelsea field....will we see the same thing for the Twister's?
We aren't far along enough in the process to know those details.... I'd imagine yes and beyond that committedpaintball.com
Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #216 (permalink)
Gay boy with a Gun!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
I have left this thread open for good reasons..Only I and the Mods can close it..Nuff said..
like. MCB forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_vanvoorthuijse View Post
I gave into the rainbow side long ago...
I laughed beer out of my nose upon realizing you are a gay boy with a gun with that comment. Thanks, you owe me some beer.
Feedback

Selling these:
PACS Works Cocker
Russian Legion Shocker frame/snatch/asa, SFT internals, Air tank, Freak tip
Brass Abomination
Mag Parts!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #217 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Is there anything special about the Reaper Geo3 besides the anodizing?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #218 (permalink)
Certified Spaceball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_vanvoorthuijse View Post
As a younger guy who got into the sport "late in the game" after the rise of SmartParts and their dominance of the tourney scene, I hate to say it, but you do sound like a snob.

If you truly LOVE oldschool paintball, as I do, even though I wasn't around to live it in the actual era, why would you want to deny the next generation the pleasure of playing with real works of mechanical art? Just to protect the value of your current hoard? Not very "spirit of the game" minded.

I'm SO excited every time I see the revival of older tech, the revival of pump play, the revival of REAL high-end anodizing (not two-tone color contrast bull-crap).

If people who missed out on the "golden age" of paintball still want to experience it, LET THEM! Screw marker values, if you're in it for the value of your markers, you're in the wrong hobby.

I'm in it for the love of the game and the love of mechanical art. Anything that advances those two objectives in my view advances the sport of paintball.
I know I came off as snobbish in my post. I apologize for that, and I do understand & agree with your point, don't get me wrong about that.

I'm not a snob in that I want to be superior than you, and prevent you from enjoying a fine piece of art. Far from it. I'm totally with you on the mech revival push that companies are making. I also love the fact that people younger than 25 are getting into pumps and slower shooting markers. It makes for a really fun playing experience. People are more friendly & relaxed because they aren't getting lit up, and strategy matters a lot more. I'm right there with you.

As far as being concerned for the value of my markers, I can't deny it man. It's human nature. Any working person would feel some sort of pain upon the realization that their possessions are no longer worth as much. I just voiced that concern. I realized, and even stated in my comment, that it would be perceived as snobby; but I was curious and had to ask. Forgive my weakness if you will, I meant no disrespect towards BPS, lapco, or any member.

One last thing... don't be so quick to assume I'm "in it" for the wrong reasons. If you really loved the game as much as you say, you'd also be respectful of the history of these markers and understand why they hold such a high place/value among collectors. There is a reason why people save up for months (or even years) to be able to afford a nice Twister or a Ripper, Merlin, Evo etc... I don't think collectors are in it for the wrong reasons. They are the civilian historians of the paintball world, and a major part of the reason why Twisters and other rare-ish markers are still popular to this day.

Edit - also forgot to add that I'm still on the Interest list, so that should count for something. If I wanted to prevent people from getting their hands on a new twister, I wouldn't be buying one myself.

Last edited by rschoi_75; 03-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #219 (permalink)
Ebay, camocow200

Alright guys , ,This is just and interest thread...Please keep on topic..

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (1160+) + 100% positive feedback
MCB 290 pos feedback

"Mar" bro: welcome to the forum, super nice marker - hopeful for your sale.
"stargazer" It's ma'am actually, not bro.

Last edited by woouulf; 03-03-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytop View Post
I don't really think you can go after someone for an intrest thread .I also don't think any damage was done to bps either but rather got them a lot of attention for their twister ,which I'm all excited about.I hope more companies bring back PL stuff.:-) :-)
You're correct... Nothing has been released yet, there is no need to take any action at this time. We would have had a similar thread posted anyways to crowd source some ideas once the reaper hit the market.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News