mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #151 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
The barrel locking system in all of the Tiberius Arms guns are similar to the classical locking system in the old Automags, so there are no threads. Tiberius Arms knew that some of their owners would still like to use a hopper so the set up a two position locking system that allowed you to just turn the barrel to accomidate either the standard magazine or a hopper attached on the side. The T15 being a new gun, there are no public specs on the exact barrel design. However, going with Tiberius Arms history, I am pretty sure it will stay with the automag locking systems instead of a threaded barrel. One the specs of the barrel is released, and the close relationship that Tiberius Arms and LAPCO have, I am willing to bet that a LAPCO barrel will not be far behind. After that I suspect that many other barrel makers will soon follow.
I'm biased in this direction as well however, one thing that has me doubting is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomDesigner View Post
...The engine? (great question) totally different than the current Tiberius engines...
Barrel?
Fast, positive new TwistLock system for dual feed. Tactical...fixed threaded barrel. The only information I can say to that is..don't throw any of your current paintball barrels away.
"Completely different engine": T9x, T4x barrels rely on the barrel to hold the return spring in the proper position and, the mag interfaces with the barrel, a change to the engine could mean a change to the barrel.

"new twistlock system" could be the interface that controls feed switching or, a barrel / mechanism re-design that includes a change to the barrel.

"..don't throw any of your current paintball barrels away.": could mean "T9.0, T4x, T9.1, etc or, even 'autococker threaded barrels, etc.

So, this whole thing about barrels is completely vague at the moment.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #152 (permalink)
Post Whore

What you have take into account is that PhantomDesigner i believe had nothing to do with Tiberius's older markers and that this newer design has none of the fingerprints of the previous markers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomDesigner View Post
Guess who is the designer...lol...
ask your questions...I have to be careful because we are filing all the intellectual property at this moment. And we would lose a LOT of rights by showing details while in the filing process...and yes, this is in mass production from major asset production tooling and processes.
My history?
Razorback
Black Widow
Trracer
TS1
AT85
Most of the Piranha line.
I've played very low profile throughout the history of paintball. I'm not starved for attention. If I'm able to correct some misinterpretations about what the product is or does, it's in everyone's best interest that those clarifications be made when possible.

And....I'm very proud of this new product, it's platform, it's future and it's common sense.
Wonderful to be back in this industry working with wonderful people, leading the charge to where everyone was "trying" to go......bring...it....on
But i really hope he means that it'll be AC threaded or have the option for it.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #153 (permalink)
fly like a G1

Is the mag release on both sides? For the lefties?

BTW, I still own my very first marker - the PMI Trracer, and my second, the AT-10 (no forwarder loader version of the TS1). :-)

Though the AT-10 sure could have used some of that "user friendly reliability" you mentioned.
Nammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #154 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammo View Post
Is the mag release on both sides? For the lefties?

BTW, I still own my very first marker - the PMI Trracer, and my second, the AT-10 (no forwarder loader version of the TS1). :-)

Though the AT-10 sure could have used some of that "user friendly reliability" you mentioned.
i doubt it. But even then, its not hard to hit the release as a lefty. Just use the thumb on ur right hand. Thats what i do. Or you can buy an aftermarket ambi release.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #155 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
i doubt it. But even then, its not hard to hit the release as a lefty. Just use the thumb on ur right hand. Thats what i do. Or you can buy an aftermarket ambi release.
If this gun is as fully parts interchangeable as that, that's huge win for consumers!
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #156 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Being the guy who introduced the U.S. Army to the RAP4 METS for training back in 2002, I can say this looks impressive. I only wish I was still training Privates .. No wait I like being a sillyvillian. But I will say if I was still training Soldiers I would be hounding my command to impliment these.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #157 (permalink)
Carmatech SAR-12 BTT #006

You guys are in for some sweet surprises. Say no more...

Sponsored by Tiberius Arms Factory, Military Assault Gear

Fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #158 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
please say more
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #159 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat. Say no more, yeah?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #160 (permalink)
1 CAN PARA

Send a message via MSN to DigitalPirate

Quote:
You tease. NO DOLLAR BILLS FOR YOU!
DigitalPirate is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News