|Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB|
| ||Thread Tools|
|03-26-2013, 12:35 AM||#173 (permalink)|
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
All I've heard since PBE (both here and on PBN) have been a whole lot of crickets....
|03-26-2013, 04:01 AM||#174 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Finally got caught up on all 18 pages and "OH MAN, I THINK THE CLOCK IS SLOW..." There's been nothing from PhantomDesigner (aka "The Man Behind The Curtain") since the 28th of Feb ... maybe a quick recap is in order to see if all the critical questions, 'er "misinterpretations" have been addressed....
1) No release date! (...awaiting IPR finalization ??? Could be months before loosely alleged "warehoused" T15's are set free) ((Rumors say SUMMER 2013))
2) No price yet! (Only..."Likeable Price" & "Price Will Surprise") ((Rumors range from sub $400 - $1400))
3) REMOVABLE Hopper Feed Elbow
4) Near Identical AR Platform (sight/optics friendly)
5) Non-Conventional "?mechanical?" Tiberius engine
6) 3 Sec Disassembly
7) Twist lock "Automag" type barrel design for quick hopper/mag selection?
8) Aftermarket "friendly" threaded barrel design?
9) .68 / FS compatible 180 deg/U-Turn clock-spring magazines???
10) ASA options: in-stock & through-grip
11) PhantomDesigner: "Not sure how much time I'll be able to devote [to forums?] in later days. just great to see the interest...in "getting a real" experience..or as close to it as one can get".
"Anticipation is half the fun..." Yeah right!!!
Last edited by xxwildbillxx; 03-28-2013 at 01:34 AM.
|03-27-2013, 10:29 AM||#179 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Most likely it wont be functional, they are just there for looks on paintball guns. I think it would be cool to make it do something though, maybe be a air release when taking off a tank or a way to bump up air pressure by a set amount when switching from first strike to normal paintballs. If something is going to stick off the side of my gun id rather it did something.
|03-27-2013, 10:39 AM||#180 (permalink)|
is my hero
I wouldn't think it would be functional in the normal way.
1) You shouldn't need to give any forward assist to a paintball.
2) Things may get messy if you did.
I agree it'd be nice if it did something, but given the statements that this is focused towards military folks as well, I can see where you'd need that there. Part of qualifying with your rifle is learning FTF procedures and slapping the forward assist is part of the routine. Besides just going for realism, that could explain why it's there.