mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #281 (permalink)
Ambassador of the sport

Yeah, I've never really had a problem getting a cheek weld. But I do wear a proflex
Jaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #282 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

So there's not much left of November, I thought this was supposed to be released by now?
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #283 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I like the Hustle video. Looks nice. My main concerns is:

1. Is the engine/operation anything like the T9/8? They were way over engineered in my opinion.
2. How can you clear the inevitable FS jam?

I'm very biased against TA after having won an engraved T9 and all the window dressings at a sniper tournament back in 09, and it never worked. I sent it in 3 times and each time it came back it broke within 20 rounds. So I've bricked it and have refused to consider a TA gun again.

But good solid engineering, consistency data, and reviews from players (not just Hustle) can always change my mind. Though unless they can provide all of that by the time the SAR12 guys can get their closed bolt semiauto engine out, it's moot anyways...
scottallen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #284 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottallen1986 View Post
I like the Hustle video. Looks nice. My main concerns is:

1. Is the engine/operation anything like the T9/8? They were way over engineered in my opinion.
2. How can you clear the inevitable FS jam?

I'm very biased against TA after having won an engraved T9 and all the window dressings at a sniper tournament back in 09, and it never worked. I sent it in 3 times and each time it came back it broke within 20 rounds. So I've bricked it and have refused to consider a TA gun again.

But good solid engineering, consistency data, and reviews from players (not just Hustle) can always change my mind. Though unless they can provide all of that by the time the SAR12 guys can get their closed bolt semiauto engine out, it's moot anyways...
As for the T8-T9 series of guns, I don't know if I'd say 'over-engineered'. Just engineered from the beginning to be a spool valve relying on an air-through magazine (the T4 was for the most part, a re-housing of the T8/T9 guts).

I'd consider the T15 to be a 'next-generation' marker. PhantomDesigner claimed to be involved with it's development- here's what he had to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomDesigner View Post
...The engine? (great question) totally different than the current Tiberius engines.
The inevitable FS jam is a function of the mag/breach design. Based on pics of the mag I've seen so far, I wouldn't hold my breath. Relying on a follower to hold a round in the breach is not the best way to go. In my opinion, you can get away with this if you're running a low-force, closed-bolt system.

As fragile as FS rounds are, I think it's probably particularly challenging to duplicate the extraction function of modern rifles (i.e. you get a jam, quickly pulling a lever to eject the damaged/unseated round) and chamber another round, without making the mess worse.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #285 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Any word when this is going to be available????
Bull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
As for the T8-T9 series of guns, I don't know if I'd say 'over-engineered'. Just engineered from the beginning to be a spool valve relying on an air-through magazine (the T4 was for the most part, a re-housing of the T8/T9 guts).

I'd consider the T15 to be a 'next-generation' marker. PhantomDesigner claimed to be involved with it's development- here's what he had to say:

The inevitable FS jam is a function of the mag/breach design. Based on pics of the mag I've seen so far, I wouldn't hold my breath. Relying on a follower to hold a round in the breach is not the best way to go. In my opinion, you can get away with this if you're running a low-force, closed-bolt system.

As fragile as FS rounds are, I think it's probably particularly challenging to duplicate the extraction function of modern rifles (i.e. you get a jam, quickly pulling a lever to eject the damaged/unseated round) and chamber another round, without making the mess worse.
That would be difficult to duplicate as fs rounds have no lip for the extractor and they're fragile not nearly as strong as brass which can stand up to a extractor mechanism. I do agree about closed bolt, not just for fs rounds but for magfed markers in general.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #287 (permalink)
Turbografx 16 Addict

Send a message via AIM to Steven_Spinosa

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Nnff-- If I rub my face all over it, it becomes mine, right? ::rub rub rub::
Steven_Spinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #288 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Tiberius Arms T15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjinian View Post
That would be difficult to duplicate as fs rounds have no lip for the extractor and they're fragile not nearly as strong as brass which can stand up to a extractor mechanism. I do agree about closed bolt, not just for fs rounds but for magfed markers in general.
Well, that and the "whole-round-goes-down-the-barrel-so-there's-nothing-left-to-extract" thing... I think the best bet would be to have some kind of spring loaded breech cover that was big enough to be able to get a swab into or something so you could force jammed rounds out. Even with a firearm the extractor won't always clear a jam, it's meant to extract rounds that were in the correct firing position in the first place. I've had my buddy's 1911 stovepipe and racking the slide did jack all to clear it. Had to eject the mag and fish it out with a small screwdriver.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 12-04-2013 at 06:27 PM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #289 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
That was one of my main issues with the milsig mk3. To have a 13/3000 and only be able to run it down to 1000 before just wasn't enough, and I hate running remote. I was lucky to get 100 shots.
The tinkerer in me can't help but think this would be a perfect opportunity to use an adjustable tank reg like a dynaflow. You could gut the Milsig reg and just run regulated air directly from the tank. Only problem is, you'd have to ditch the entire tank in stock setup as it comes from the factory and make a new adapter.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #290 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Really, is this ever going to be released!!!
Bull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News