mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #381 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I wish I paid more attention when the T15 was field stripped for me. I could tell that the barrel used the same Tx.1 detents and I can't exactly describe how but, the breach end didn't strike me as being the same as the TX.1 series barrels. If memory serves me well, the twist lock groove had a different pattern around the D-Shaped First Strike opening.

I could very well be wrong though (I honestly was paying attention to the fact that it was a blow-back and imagining what was going on in the valve / engine).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #382 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I could very well be wrong though (I honestly was paying attention to the fact that it was a blow-back and imagining what was going on in the valve / engine).
UV Halo, I've always respected your honest and well educated hypothesis on how things work. Based on what you have seen so far, any chance your imagination can see the possibility of a closed bolt mod in this engine/valve design?
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #383 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
closed bolt inline blowback, eh? i suppose you could 'Omen-ize' it with a latch/spring system inside the bolt/hammer mechanism, but why?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
closed bolt inline blowback, eh? i suppose you could 'Omen-ize' it with a latch/spring system inside the bolt/hammer mechanism, but why?
Because I want to.

I have been watching this since it was announced what seems to be ages ago. Iím drawn to this gun because of its simplicity. When markers are designed to be as simple as possible, it defy time and makes everything easy, maintenance and upgradeability. The body takes AR furniture which I already have. No electronics that I can break. Even if Tiberius does not offer future upgrades, I donít see this gun at its current configuration. I see this marker as something that I can change to fit me. From the trigger, to the barrel, I will change it everything I can to make it mine, to make it fit my play style. From a tinkering perspective, I can make the T15 to whatever I want it to be.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #385 (permalink)

Thank you Riddler for pointing me to the Evil Omen design. It will be a fun read learning about it.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #386 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
sure thing. you'd have to replace their entire bolt assembly, but it's feasible to conceive of a spring-loaded bolt riding on a shaft with a Nelson-like latch that the hammer picks up on the forward stroke and releases when recocked. You'd have to add a body pin or something to trip the latch release, similar to how a Rainmaker, Vector or Auto-triggering Sterling releases the hammer when the bolt is closed.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #387 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
Because I want to.

I have been watching this since it was announced what seems to be ages ago. Iím drawn to this gun because of its simplicity. When markers are designed to be as simple as possible, it defy time and makes everything easy, maintenance and upgradeability. The body takes AR furniture which I already have. No electronics that I can break. Even if Tiberius does not offer future upgrades, I donít see this gun at its current configuration. I see this marker as something that I can change to fit me. From the trigger, to the barrel, I will change it everything I can to make it mine, to make it fit my play style. From a tinkering perspective, I can make the T15 to whatever I want it to be.
I would think it would run along the lines of a pumped ICD cat (decoupled bolt), which has been batted around a few times. Maybe there's something in those threads. To me, the sad part of a pumped cat is that the pump version is more complicated than the semi.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #388 (permalink)
Tiberius & Guerrilla Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I wish I paid more attention when the T15 was field stripped for me. I could tell that the barrel used the same Tx.1 detents and I can't exactly describe how but, the breach end didn't strike me as being the same as the TX.1 series barrels. If memory serves me well, the twist lock groove had a different pattern around the D-Shaped First Strike opening.

I was trying to find an image of the barrel, but this is the best one I found.

The detents are similar, and you can use the T8.1/T9.1 if you trimmed them down.

Not sure if you can tell from the image, but the twist barrel from mag fed to hopper fed is different.

2717 Ferguson Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46809

260-478-2500
service@tiberiusarms.com

Last edited by Gio24dude; 03-06-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Gio24dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #389 (permalink)

Image no worky Gio.

But yeah, the barrel basically has a very simple ring groove with what looked like little notches in them, and a spring-loaded ball detent perpendicular to the barrel axis is what indexed the barrel in a specific spot.

The tolerances between the receiver 'trunion' for lack of a better word and the barrel were very close, it was really pretty solid feeling and tight without being a friction fit where I was afraid of it getting stuck; the idea that a single, simple ball detent holds it secure during use is testament to that.

The way the gun works for those who havn't seen it yet with an 'outer barrel sleeve' that acts essentially like a mini free-float tube is also interesting: they use a very thin aluminum tube to sleeve over the barrel to the front and is what they attach their faux gas-block with which gives them a forward mount point when using snap-in handguards with the D-ring. I imagine the whole sleeve system is removable if you choose to install a true free-float handguard, and I wonder if there's a point on the upper for putting a gas tube if one were to try and add a realistic steel faux gas tube and frontsight/gasblock type setup.

I know that, personally, I'm going to try and get a 7075 T1 billet upper/lower set machined to work with T15 parts... someday. Go for that ultimate tacticool look.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:38 PM   #390 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipboyscott View Post
I know that, personally, I'm going to try and get a 7075 T1 billet upper/lower set machined to work with T15 parts... someday. Go for that ultimate tacticool look.
I also have a few high end AR parts collecting dust in the gun safe. I'm going to try to cram every piece in to the T15, just to the point where I don't get in trouble with the BATF.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News