mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #391 (permalink)

Well, if one were to hypothetically take a real 80% lower and mill it out to take T15 internals, I dont think that would qualify it as a serialized lower in the eyes of the BATFE since the holes wouldn't match up to anything in the trigger area and the trigger pocket would be totally different anyway.

But say it WERE a 100% lower at that point anyway... would you need an SBR stamp to put a sub 16" paintball bbl on it?

Or, would it be a DD for being >.50 cal?

Eitherway, I'm not condoning any kind of action that makes these into anything like a firearm or even close to a real firearm receiver part. I'm simply musing at the bizarre regulations and distinctions brought about due to American firearm law, while considering how to make a really cool mod for my own personal use.

Last edited by hipboyscott; 03-06-2014 at 04:51 PM.
hipboyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #392 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
UV Halo, I've always respected your honest and well educated hypothesis on how things work. Based on what you have seen so far, any chance your imagination can see the possibility of a closed bolt mod in this engine/valve design?
Thanks- unfortunately, I didn't get a good enough look to make a good call there. But, I think it'd be mechanically complex to have a closed bolt system interact with the stock lowers.

One thing though, if the drive engine is as modular as I think, I don't see a reason why someone couldn't reg-gut the lowers with let's say a solenoid, and work in a closed bolt spool valve design (like the Ion mod or, the Shocker "legion"). One might need to go backwards into the 'buffer tube' section for the necessary volume though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio24dude View Post
I was trying to find an image of the barrel, but this is the best one I found.

http://i62.tinypic.com/21owjud.jpg

The detents are similar, and you can use the T8.1/T9.1 if you trimmed them down.

Not sure if you can tell from the image, but the twist barrel from mag fed to hopper fed is different.
Thanks. If I remember correctly the groove on the T15 terminates just next to / in front of the D-Shape opening. That area is not visible in the picture as the barrel is lying on, or right next to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipboyscott View Post
Image no worky Gio.

But yeah, the barrel ...
Picture works fine for me- maybe your network's blocking it.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #393 (permalink)
McStabby

not too bad looking

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Allerstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipboyscott View Post
Image no worky Gio.
Worked for me so here is a rehosted pic

wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #395 (permalink)
Tiberius & Guerrilla Rep

T15 RIFLE - Shipping to dealers first week of April. Retails at $499.95!

The revolutionary T15 magazine fed paintball marker is the first of its kind offering a true .68 caliber 1 to 1 AR rifle platform. The T15 features a rugged lightweight aluminum body that will withstand the harshest conditions while maintaining optimum durability. Equipped to use our 19/20rd continuous feed magazines or a standard hopper, the T15 features an integrated 13ci/3000psi tank/stock combo.

SPECS
  • 2 Piece Cast Aluminum Construction
  • Aluminum Quad Rail Handguard
  • 13ci/3000psi Tank/Stock Combo
  • Low Profile Flip Up Sights
  • 2 Pin Quick Dissemble
  • Functional Charging Handle
  • 19/20 Continuous Feed First Strike Magazines
  • Magazine and Hopper Feed
  • Includes Two Magazines
  • Packaged in Durable Side Rifle Case

T15 Rifle | Tiberius Arms Paintball Markers

2717 Ferguson Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46809

260-478-2500
service@tiberiusarms.com
Gio24dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #396 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks Gio, looks like a great marker to help step up the magfed game play for those new to Tiberius. Also very nice to give players 2 magazines now right off the bat along with a 13ci buttstock.

Curious though, why after so many years of beautifully machine near perfection do you move to cheaper cast items like Tippmann has thrown at the public for years?

Hope it can shoot as consistently spot on as the other Tiberius markers!

Also hope they will update it to allow others to reuse barrels as Phantom Designer keeps posting but I have already moved on. I can still stop and give a thumbs up though.
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #397 (permalink)
Shoots First

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwShoot View Post
Curious though, why after so many years of beautifully machine near perfection do you move to cheaper cast items like Tippmann has thrown at the public for years?
Price, I'd imagine. $500 with a tank, 2 mags, and a case is very competitive with the other new mag-fed offerings this year. If it were the same price as say, the T4.1, then I don't think it'd be anywhere near as popular.

redthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #398 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Hey Gio, would you happen to know if the FA drop in upgrade for the T15 in the future would be mech or electronic? Thanks in advance!
ra1d3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #399 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1d3x View Post
Hey Gio, would you happen to know if the FA drop in upgrade for the T15 in the future would be mech or electronic? Thanks in advance!
i believe it was mentioned somewhere buried in the early posts that it was gonna be mech.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #400 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1d3x View Post
Has that option even been confirmed? Or for that matter denied..
But more importantly confirmed..

And in my opinion full auto on a mag fed gun is just a useless idea.. Oh cool,you can shoot an entire mag in 2 seconds..yaaaay..a waste of paint and money.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News