mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #691 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Nobody is indicting anything, yet. Whatever, the reason for all those problems, that video is not a ringing endorsement for the T15, no matter how you slice it. As Dufkis says, something caused the first break and something was functioning improperly when one of the magazines stopping loading paint into the gun.

As I said earlier, there are a lot of potential causes for the problems evidenced by that video. If it were my gun, I would be looking at the the magazines and breach as a likely culprit. It would interesting to see if first strikes had the same issues.

I do agree with one thing you said. We shouldn't jump to conclusions, good or bad. That's why I suggested putting the caution flag out. Potential buyers have been looking at photos of this gun and thinking about its purchase since February of 2013. What's another few weeks of waiting?
well I know there 7 or 8 headed to team members at Delta Paintball so we will be adding to the story rather quickly.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #692 (permalink)
HQPB.ORG

Sounds incredibly quiet - thanks for the shooting vid.
Gadget_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #693 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget_ View Post
Sounds incredibly quiet - thanks for the shooting vid.
It was so quiet I didn't even hear it shooting in that vid. Probably would help if I turned my speakers on though =p
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #694 (permalink)

Thanks for your last video comparing the M17 and T15
Lead Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #695 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Magnet View Post
Where the breaks barrel or breech? Any paint get down into the mag?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA9vtHeVKMw
dufkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #696 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufkis View Post
So you would get the breaks about half way through the mag each time it happened?
Lead Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #697 (permalink)

I will be doing another shooting video in about a week or so once I get everything back from Tiberius. I talked with Gio today about the mags and mentioned that i am missing the black insert in the bolt tip and he said that not having it could cause a break. Plus they are going to look over and fix my mags for me as well.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #698 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Anyone have a pair of digital calipers and a T15 magazine? I'd love to know the dimensions of the top of the mag. ..
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #699 (permalink)

dufkis, great videos man. Watched them before I ever even read this thread. Been waiting on the T15 for quite some time now. But now that the time has arrived I find myself reluctant to actually get one. Originally I had planned on selling my TGR2 and picking one up but honestly I'm just not seeing the advantage right now, at least not enough of one for me to sink the extra coin.

Would you care to weigh the T15 w/o the tank but with the stock perchance? That is if you have some scales, if not just take it with you down the produce aisle lol.

For me weight is going to be the deciding factor, I would really like to get a lighter marker but with it being a 1:1 AR I bet it's just as heavy. Also pending whether or not this ball break issue continues to plague people which I'm sure will be resolved just an early batch issue. I've ran a several cases through the TGR2 and broke just 1 ball due to blowing the front o-ring on the bolt through the barrel.

I couldn't believe the polymer M17 cqc is only 0.3 lbs lighter than the TGR2.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #700 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Eye View Post
dufkis, great videos man. Watched them before I ever even read this thread. Been waiting on the T15 for quite some time now. But now that the time has arrived I find myself reluctant to actually get one. Originally I had planned on selling my TGR2 and picking one up but honestly I'm just not seeing the advantage right now, at least not enough of one for me to sink the extra coin.

Would you care to weigh the T15 w/o the tank but with the stock perchance? That is if you have some scales, if not just take it with you down the produce aisle lol.

For me weight is going to be the deciding factor, I would really like to get a lighter marker but with it being a 1:1 AR I bet it's just as heavy. Also pending whether or not this ball break issue continues to plague people which I'm sure will be resolved just an early batch issue. I've ran a several cases through the TGR2 and broke just 1 ball due to blowing the front o-ring on the bolt through the barrel.

I couldn't believe the polymer M17 cqc is only 0.3 lbs lighter than the TGR2.
Sorry I don't have an accurate enough scale to do any weight comparisons. But my T15 is heavier than my M17 CQC with a steel handguard and marksman barrel. Over all I like the little extra heft that the T15 offers, it makes it feel worth it in you know what I mean. Plus it looks bad ***!

Here is an updated video I did yesterday I had no breaks and 2 failure to feeds. I guess I'll take the FTF over breaks. They said that they replaced the followers in my mags and got rid of the gaps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxPYYxixFQ

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News