mcarterbrown.com
 

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #91 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
henchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBrian View Post
It's a piece of sports equipment, not an investment. It was worth what you paid for it, or you wouldn't have bought it.
+1 on that one.
__________________
Automags retired. Enmeys are the successor.
henchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #92 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Carnage Reigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OH & KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
No way. The supply/demand of the used market for Tippmanns have driven their prices into the toilet. People THINK they hold their value (and that's why they're listed all over Craigslist for hundreds of dollars), but no one's buying them at those prices. If you want to unload an M98 these days, you're looking at sub-$75. An A5 you might get $120ish for. There are just way too many floating around on the used market for the resale value to stay high. Tippmanns depreciate fast.
I absolutely agree. Tippmanns never have held their value. Never.
Carnage Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #93 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
jellyghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KCMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage Reigns View Post
I absolutely agree. Tippmanns never have held their value. Never.
I consider Tippmanns the AK-47 of the paintball world. They have a more dependable market value than anything else because there are so many bought and sold. You always take a loss when you buy new and sell used (except on a unicorn), but there are only a few guns with a more reliable resale value. I would rather have bought an a-5 and held it for three years than bought an electro and held it for the same period.

This is a digression. The enmy really seems like a much better deal even after the price drop. Use the saved money to get a sweet barrel kit or something.
__________________
My Feedback
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #94 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Carnage Reigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OH & KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
I consider Tippmanns the AK-47 of the paintball world. They have a more dependable market value than anything else because there are so many bought and sold. You always take a loss when you buy new and sell used (except on a unicorn), but there are only a few guns with a more reliable resale value. I would rather have bought an a-5 and held it for three years than bought an electro and held it for the same period.

This is a digression. The enmy really seems like a much better deal even after the price drop. Use the saved money to get a sweet barrel kit or something.
An Automag hold it's value pretty well.
Carnage Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #95 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Blather, blather, blather...

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Tippmann makes an excellent marker, and people love to hate on them.
__________________
I finally decided to start a thread for my Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #96 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
henchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post

Tippmann makes an excellent marker, and people love to hate on them.
Not true. I loved my A5's, and still have one.
__________________
Automags retired. Enmeys are the successor.
henchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #97 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Not everyone, but there is a large group that does. Plus, I'm having PMS today!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
I finally decided to start a thread for my Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #98 (permalink)
Sector 2814
 
eddielives75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Camrose, Alberta

CCM Fan
Has anyone pumped their crossover yet? Is it possible?
eddielives75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC