mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Any chance they'll sell it without the internally-routed regulator at a lower price so you can afford to get a decent reg and bottom-line setup for it?

Speaking of - remember how many aftermarket HPRs used to be for sale, even like 10 years ago? Go looking for them now, and you'll be amazed. Apparently stock regs are good enough across the board that only the really good aftermarket regs are still left for sale separate from a marker.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

I'd like to argue that it's not the place of any paintball marker manufacturer to be:

A) Worried about protecting the resale value of their customers who wish to resell
B) Competing in price point against the used market

Both seem like fool's errands...but maybe that's just me.

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

The crossover looks nice and has a few cool features but I don't get why people would buy one over a mini? Price point even after the drop still favors the mini. To preface this statement I own a 98, a C3 Pump, and several minis also.
maninblack2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
I got a Crossover new last year, Didn't pay $429, even with the additional CP barrel. Enjoyed it. Sold it local.

Lack of Cocker threads killed it for me, but like GOG and the eNMEy, I understand why they don't swtich to Cocker threads. BUT I don't want to buy more barrels.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #35 (permalink)

so those who have had this gun is it worth getting? i love my 98 but hard to play speedball with it so being able to have both on the same gun would be nice just havent heard very much about this gun. and now that the price dropped it is in my price range. please list some pros and cons
Brueggeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Tippmann Crossover Review
Old 03-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
Barned

Well to be honest I never liked the look and feel of the crossover. I'm not a tippmann hater, I have a phenom and it was a great first marker. But tippmanns attempt at a speedball marker was wierd. The trigger isn't that great, and the lack of barrels is a big thing. Also, there are not very many aftermarket upgrades for it either. Barrel is pretty much it. another thing that put me off was the huge space between the trigger guard and grip frame. In the size comparison above, you can see it's slightly bigger than an axe in terms of the spacing there.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I got a Crossover new last year, Didn't pay $429, even with the additional CP barrel. Enjoyed it. Sold it local.

Lack of Cocker threads killed it for me, but like GOG and the eNMEy, I understand why they don't swtich to Cocker threads. BUT I don't want to buy more barrels.

Jay
This is the reason I'm buying an Axe.
Carnage Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #39 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
and the lack of barrels is a big thing.
its a5/x7 threaded...they have tons of barrels.

if you are a tippmann fan/supporter/whatever you have a few of those barrels laying around, thats who the marker is aimed at. it isnt supposed to convince people to get the crossover instead of a dm13. its aimed at people who have been using tippmanns for years and want a speedball marker, and they want to support a company that they like.

marking the price down was smart, it should have been cheaper to start. im still not interested though.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #40 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brueggeman View Post
so those who have had this gun is it worth getting? i love my 98 but hard to play speedball with it so being able to have both on the same gun would be nice just havent heard very much about this gun. and now that the price dropped it is in my price range. please list some pros and cons
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I like my Crossover, I didn't pay $420. I've wanted a centerfeed Tippmann for years. Yes, you could mod a Model 98 for CF, but it was still 4ft long.

It's light, efficient, and smooth. (No, not DM/Droid smooth) Doesn't sound like any Tippmann I've owned before. I bought it for the Mech mode. SAY WHAT!?! Yeah, I enjoy the mechanical mode more than the electronic mode. It's got all the firing modes for E-mode anyway, plus eyes. I'm not sure if people are hating it just because it's a Tippmann or what. (NOT SAYING IT'S THE SAME AS AN AXE) People weren't huge on the Axe either when it came out, but now they have a following and multiple wins in the Axe camp. Just saying.

The only things I don't like: Packaging - Just a cardboard box? Ouch
ASA - I like the macroless design, but the ASA and my tank setup make the gun a little longer than I prefer. You can run your own reg and ASA though, so you aren't locked in.
Barrel - 12in .689 + huge bore. I get it, big bore because people will shoot crap paint through it. Also wish it was Cocker threads, but I get why it isn't.

Did Tippmann price it a little high? Maybe
Does Tippmann have a lot of competition in that range? Absolutely

Jay
I've since shot the one I sold local. It now has a techt bolt. If you want a nice mech gun, buy one.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News