mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #51 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You're right. More like $140.
brokeass_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #52 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
^I have never seen one in use but there are a few people on here that speak highly of it. Broch thinks it is the cat's ***, if memory serves.

EDIT: I can't say ***.
I own one, and I love it. +1 on the idea of a Mech only version. I tested mine with a battery for a few days, and promptly removed it. I have used it as a mech marker for an entire season. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is that my new team has a relationship with a different company.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #53 (permalink)
XKE
Rec Poster

Can anyone comment more on the trigger once adjusted?

I really want to pick one of these up as an all purpose marker. I would more than likely spend most of my time shooting it in mechanical mode, but I would also play tournaments with it. I read in several reviews that the trigger is either way too stiff, or way too bouncy and the marker runs away. Is there any middle ground here?

If this marker an do what is advertised, and performs as a reliable mechanical, and performance oriented electro marker, then I want one. But if the board and trigger bounce are bad enough to keep it from being a decent performing electro, then I will shop elsewhere.
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #54 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE View Post
Can anyone comment more on the trigger once adjusted?

I really want to pick one of these up as an all purpose marker. I would more than likely spend most of my time shooting it in mechanical mode, but I would also play tournaments with it. I read in several reviews that the trigger is either way too stiff, or way too bouncy and the marker runs away. Is there any middle ground here?
If this marker an do what is advertised, and performs as a reliable mechanical, and performance oriented electro marker, then I want one. But if the board and trigger bounce are bad enough to keep it from being a decent performing electro, then I will shop elsewhere.
XKE, if you want a typical electro type trigger and handling, you are best to shop elsewhere. I don't "Walk" the trigger, nor do I take part in that type of play, so it is perfect for me.

For anyone else wanting the same, there are markers that excel at that game, and your money is better spent there. For anyone who likes a mech marker, this one is hard to beat.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #55 (permalink)
XKE
Rec Poster

I was really looking for something that I can take to a psp event if need be, but will spend most of its life kicking around in the woods.

This marker looks like it COULD have filled that void, but tippman came up short in a few departments
Old 03-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #56 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
I was really looking for something that I can take to a psp event if need be, but will spend most of its life kicking around in the woods.

This marker looks like it COULD have filled that void, but tippman came up short in a few departments
I think that you have to look at the marker in a different light. In PSP mode, the Crossover would do fine, as the electronics take over. The only time you will have an issue keeping up is in true semi-auto only play. Tippmann knows their core customers quite well, and they have been happy with it.

All of that being said, if I were going to play PSP, a Tippmann would NOT be my marker of choice. I don't think that PSP players were their target market.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
XKE
Rec Poster

If it shoots 12.5 without running away, and doesnt break paint, I would have no issue using it in a psp event.

Ill probably wind up picking one up and giving it a go first hand before passing any judgement.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #58 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
If it shoots 12.5 without running away, and doesnt break paint, I would have no issue using it in a psp event.

Ill probably wind up picking one up and giving it a go first hand before passing any judgement.
It'll shoot 12.5 with ramping all day as long as you feed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeass_baller View Post
You're right. More like $140.
That probably doesn't have an x-valve.
Carnage Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #60 (permalink)
Post Whore

Why woud I buy a crossover, when I can get an Enmey fir $129

I am staying away from new Tippmanns after the X7 failure.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News