mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   Tippmann Crossover now $349 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/227883-tippmann-crossover-now-%24349.html)

Huitlacoche 03-04-2013 11:09 AM

Tippmann Crossover now $349

From Tippmanns official blog:

Quote:

Paintball players get ready. Last year, we launched our revolutionary Crossover marker – a lightweight, high performance electro-pneumatic marker designed to perform for all players regardless of conditions or style of play. Today, we are excited to announce that the price of the Crossover will be dropping to $349 – making the industry-leading technology even more accessible to players everywhere.

We’re lowering the price of the Crossover based, in part, on feedback from players who felt that the total purchase of the Crossover with the required electronic loader should be closer to the total price of the X7 Phenom which does not require a separate loader. Players told us they wanted to take full advantage of the speed and durability of the marker but asked us to get the total cost closer to the X7 Phenom. We listened, so to do our part to keep paintball affordable, we lowered the price dramatically to only $349.
Paintball Players Get Ready...Crossover is now $349!

martix_agent 03-04-2013 11:13 AM

if only they had done this at the start, when the hype was at its peak.

Fidget 03-04-2013 11:13 AM

That's what it should have been when they first released it. I do think it's a smart idea to drop the price though.

jellyghost 03-04-2013 11:30 AM

What was the original price?

rats 03-04-2013 11:36 AM

429$

insixdays777 03-04-2013 11:50 AM

I wish they would release a $269.00 Mech only version. That you could upgrade to electro if you wanted later.

Lomarandil 03-04-2013 01:30 PM

Tippmann is pretty good about rebranding and reboxing current marker lineups in lots of configurations... I'd say that a mech-only version is just a matter of time.

Lo

uv_halo 03-04-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insixdays777 (Post 2643286)
I wish they would release a $269.00 Mech only version. That you could upgrade to electro if you wanted later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomarandil (Post 2643376)
Tippmann is pretty good about rebranding and reboxing current marker lineups in lots of configurations... I'd say that a mech-only version is just a matter of time.

Lo

Maybe they aren't simply because they don't want an e-bolt situation where other manufacturers get in on the deal and undercut the Tippmann kit offering.

SilentNuke 03-04-2013 01:40 PM

Dear Tippmann,

I have enjoyed your product. I started with a 98 custom sixteen years ago. I bought everything you put out for the 98 from that time on. I have raved about your product, sold it in the store, and after that closed recommended it to every new player. Even sixteen years later I dream about the times I had with my simple 98. I have since grown and left for other electos and pumps. Then last year a glimer of hope the crossover was born! I wanted to buy one so bad, but alas no auto cocker thread option and the price point was a tad high. This kind of marketing is bs. I expected more from you. I expected better. To lower the marker price by that much in less than a year says one of two things to me. One, your price point was too high to begin with, or two you have no respect for your own design. I feel bad for who ever bought one, knowing the used price is now $280.00 a $150.00 loss in less than a year. I am truly disappointed.

Nuke

diesel10 03-04-2013 01:58 PM

Silent Nuke, one of your points was my first thought. If you are a Tippmann faithful and bought this thing on release and now you are trying to sell it used they just kicked ya in the balls. I know the used market is already kicking ya there but to get cut almost a hundred on a new one selling them for any reasonable price a year later is not gonna happen.