mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Tippmann Crossover now $349

From Tippmanns official blog:

Quote:
Paintball players get ready. Last year, we launched our revolutionary Crossover marker – a lightweight, high performance electro-pneumatic marker designed to perform for all players regardless of conditions or style of play. Today, we are excited to announce that the price of the Crossover will be dropping to $349 – making the industry-leading technology even more accessible to players everywhere.

We’re lowering the price of the Crossover based, in part, on feedback from players who felt that the total purchase of the Crossover with the required electronic loader should be closer to the total price of the X7 Phenom which does not require a separate loader. Players told us they wanted to take full advantage of the speed and durability of the marker but asked us to get the total cost closer to the X7 Phenom. We listened, so to do our part to keep paintball affordable, we lowered the price dramatically to only $349.
Paintball Players Get Ready...Crossover is now $349!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

if only they had done this at the start, when the hype was at its peak.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
My Hands Shake

That's what it should have been when they first released it. I do think it's a smart idea to drop the price though.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

What was the original price?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
om nom nom nom

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
429$
rats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I wish they would release a $269.00 Mech only version. That you could upgrade to electro if you wanted later.
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

Tippmann is pretty good about rebranding and reboxing current marker lineups in lots of configurations... I'd say that a mech-only version is just a matter of time.

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
I wish they would release a $269.00 Mech only version. That you could upgrade to electro if you wanted later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomarandil View Post
Tippmann is pretty good about rebranding and reboxing current marker lineups in lots of configurations... I'd say that a mech-only version is just a matter of time.

Lo
Maybe they aren't simply because they don't want an e-bolt situation where other manufacturers get in on the deal and undercut the Tippmann kit offering.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Dear Tippmann,

I have enjoyed your product. I started with a 98 custom sixteen years ago. I bought everything you put out for the 98 from that time on. I have raved about your product, sold it in the store, and after that closed recommended it to every new player. Even sixteen years later I dream about the times I had with my simple 98. I have since grown and left for other electos and pumps. Then last year a glimer of hope the crossover was born! I wanted to buy one so bad, but alas no auto cocker thread option and the price point was a tad high. This kind of marketing is bs. I expected more from you. I expected better. To lower the marker price by that much in less than a year says one of two things to me. One, your price point was too high to begin with, or two you have no respect for your own design. I feel bad for who ever bought one, knowing the used price is now $280.00 a $150.00 loss in less than a year. I am truly disappointed.

Nuke
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
Silent Nuke, one of your points was my first thought. If you are a Tippmann faithful and bought this thing on release and now you are trying to sell it used they just kicked ya in the balls. I know the used market is already kicking ya there but to get cut almost a hundred on a new one selling them for any reasonable price a year later is not gonna happen.
diesel10 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News