mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Paintball Promotions Inc to take over NPPL

The death of the nppl is coming so, i guess

THE NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL PAINTBALL LEAGUE'S Surf City USA Open came to Huntington Beach for the 11th year in a row and the results have been overwhelmingly positive. 115 teams, 30 vendors and over 50,000 spectators enjoyed the perfect Southern California weather for the industries number #1 event.

"The City of Huntington Beach called me right after the event ended for congratulations and wanting to lock in the event for the next few years. I want to thank all our players and staff for making the HB event fantastic." Chuck Hendsch, NPPL

On the heals of the successful HB event the NPPL has decided to evolve and refocus its energy on growing the sport of paintball by serving as the true Governing Body for the sport. The NPPL will move away from running their own events and instead sanction other promoters to run and operate the events.

"My passion has always been to grow the NPPL brand and the sport of paintball. By passing on the operation of the events to a different event company it allows me to concentrate on the true mission of the NPPL." Says Hendsch.

The NPPL has signed an exclusive licensing contract with Paintball Promotions Inc to operate and run the National NPPL events. PB Promotions will begin immediately getting ready for the remaining 2013 events. Teams and sponsors should see a seamless transition in all departments.

PB Promotions has evaluated the venues and dates for the remaining previously announced events and unfortunately will need to make some adjustments.

The remaining 2013 NPPL schedule is:
June 7-9 Northeast Open OXCC - Chesapeake City, MD
August 9-11 Chicago Open - Paintball Explosion - Chicago, IL
October 4-6 Las Vegas Open - Las Vegas, NV

"When PB Promotions reached out to Valken to tell us about the new plan and direction for the NPPL we were very excited, especially with the decision to bring the next two events to quality paintball fields like OXCC and Explosion. Paintball fields are the lifeblood of our industry and they are two of the best in the country. Valken continues to put our support behind the NPPL events and look forward to three more great events in 2013." Gino Postorivo President & CEO, Valken Sports.

More information will be coming soon. Keep checking back to Real Paintball Players | National Professional Paintball League - NPPL or call 714-758-7575 for details and to register for the next event in Chesapeake City.

Feedback..
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Proud member of the GUNMEN WRECKING CREW
visualreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Good bye nppl
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Good bye nppl
I think you're right, but i'm also not sure what to think. Maybe this new owner will actually make the league worthwhile again.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Canuck MCB Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ThisIsPaintball.ca

So to make things a bit more clear. Bart from Impact sold his stakes in the NPPL and moved on to focusing the team on PSP.

His share of the NPPL ownership was bought by Valken thus making the league more or less owned by Valken.

There was a good bit of chatter at the HB event about what would be happening and the change of venues was a bit of the back burner talk. Now with the chance of dates and the lack of conflict with other leagues I assume some teams will maybe return to play if they are able to use their sponsors paint.

I also assume that this means that Valken will start to see some more play in PSP and maybe even by the end of the season have some of their paint available for sale at World Cup.

I just hope 7-man isn't axed as the non coaching format is much more fun to play than everyone screaming when someone does an amazing move. I understand that ramping helps improve paint sales for the industry but all of the other things that is causes in my mind tend to limit of players true ability to play the sport.

That and finally have a pro spot would be annoying to see the league disappear after only getting to play one event. Who wants to retire after only playing one event?

Last edited by ThisIsPaintball.ca; 04-18-2013 at 12:14 AM.
ThisIsPaintball.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Deja Vu

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Did I miss something....the article is a success story for NPPL...getting an agreement from the city to host the event for 2 more years is a win.

And now it appears that the handling of the actual events will be contracted out to PB Promotions. I don't know if that is a win or not, no familiarity but as far as a business decision....either you grow your own company to handle this or you contract it out...either way growth is good and having NPPL focus on something else PB related has potential to be a win as well.

Valken is mentioned as being on board with thing....I did not see any mention of them buying anyone out or anything like that in the article....but again maybe me only be a recreational player am missing something in that picture.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
I often play pantsless...

Send a message via AIM to aka Mich Send a message via Yahoo to aka Mich

I read somewhere that Paintball Promotions is a Valken company, any truth to that? So Valken sides with NPPL in the PSP/NPPL fight, starts a shadow company to run NPPL, names it Paintball Promotions to mess with google searches.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Gino flips another staple of the paintball community. Well, it's been 5 years and that's usually his schedule.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
if I reading this right Kaz it's not the death of the NPPL simply a shift in ownership. With that said even if NPPL were to fail the PSP seems to be taking most of the spotlight anyways with world cup and such.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It is certainly a last ditch effort to save the league. Although, them having the 5 star 4 star system this year, and doing large sport stadiums was also a last ditch effort to save the league. So, the first last ditch effort failed, and within 6 months you have to completely different last ditch strategy that is completly opposite the first last ditch effort to save the league. whew...

On the surface it looks not good. However this most recent last ditch effort may work. We will find out in six months I guess.

What is not mentioned in the release, and holds the most important peice of this new puzzle is....... Who owns and is running PB Promotions???? Once that is disclosed, the future may be more easy to see.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News