mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #31 (permalink)

I cant explain your reality, it yours just like mine is mine. What your seeing in your area I have no knowledge about. I live in Phx and I only know of 1/2 out-of-6 scenario fields here that dont allow. Events I have attended in the past and current events in S Cali allow them (SC Village, Giant Sportz etc).

I have done checking and my homework for events that I attend... cuz frankly I wont play in an event anymore unless I can use FSR. I am on several sniper fourms as well. D-Day, LL6 endorses them too. Are you looking in the right places ?

Im not into long arduous discussions that are back and forth.... talk to you in a year and lets see where this stands about FS rounds... DEAL ? I am betting you will see them ~relatively~ everywhere within 2 years. They might have a different classification but MANY major markers are moving towards shooting FS rounds (Dye Dam, SR1, MR5 ... ). Its a FACT that vendors are moving that way. Fields will follow. I have tested being shot by them, they hurnt no more or less than any other PB. In fact the cheapo hard shell stuff hurts more than a FS round. My buddies confirm this.

By the way, I have some professional experience in marketing and product innovation, development, market introduction. This is a no-brainer from things I have seen in the past. Get READY, its coming down the tube (literally, haha) !

RE:CrimsonDeath... yea, your right, I should rephrase that ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
As much as I would hope the initial sentence to be true, I'm not seeing it.

If it's so true in the west, why am I not getting more submissions ... SNIP
ruraldawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruraldawgs View Post
I cant explain your reality SNIP
I think you are finding argument where their is none. UV Halo is a huge proponent of FSR, and I believe plays them exclusively as well. He is actually compiling a list of fields that allow their use, which is actual data, right or wrong.
I tend to agree with you about the chance that fsr will become accepted universally, which would certainly make the product in the op more viable. But I wouldn't call it a win yet. There is still a lot of opposition

As far as the MCB/speedballer connection I don't know where that came from. This is a diverse group.Speedball, recball, scenario, private, we're all over the place. And there's lots of FSR discussion around these parts.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
AKA Doughnut Holeschtein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrzone View Post
Mount an expensive Iphone (or a superior android ) to a paintball gun to get shot at? Ill pass.....
this...
OldGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Pfffft. I dunno about some wussy iPhone , but I'd happily do this with my Commando once I upgrade

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

LOL @ using a cell phone camera as an optic.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
LOL @ using a cell phone camera as an optic.
ok then, use the app for this invention: Tek Recon | Advanced Battle Systems
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

Hang on, they want $60 for a mount for a phone?, wonder if this will fit my 10 year old nokia (would last longer than an Iphone!)
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #38 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruraldawgs View Post
I realize MCB discussions are mostly speedball players and many dabble in other games like scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Are You Smoking Crack?
I'd like to take the time to thank you both for the excellent sig addition and also point out he is clearly huffin' that jenkem.

Overall, I'd rather use DSA's design. It's already been proven. Not that it applies to anything I own (yet).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Are You Smoking Crack?

Last edited by Melvin; 06-03-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #39 (permalink)

Hey check it out! A place to put my old/replaced iPhone so it can get torched :-)

It should just come w a Otter box or a way to run a better camera/optic.

On real steel I wonder about recoil shaking that phone's camera to bits. A .22 would be ok... not sure about a .223.

I love FSRs, own a DAM. Every event I've done with it... I've had no issues with FSRs being banned. I have used the IZON a bunch and also tried to get a scope dialed in... I think the IZON is a better option for my style bc I want to run a hopper and there's not enough clearance to run most any scope and a good hopper. If someone addressed this issue and made a low profile FSR/PB scope they'd have my business. Dual crosshairs would be cool. One for FS and one for real world PB.

The IZON at least lets me get a reference (like the center dot of a circular retical, I'd rock a red dot like that), but I also find just a clear line of sight over the top is very effective w FSR inside normal PB range. I haven't run/ruined the scope in game, it's been a waste of money and FSRs for me so far. I wouldn't take good optics out to play PBall, not worth it. I just own the Tib 4x and it's so so. I might try it on my .22 just for a laugh next family reunion in VA :-)

Best sight/ FS setup I've seen was TechPB Mike`s EO Tech for the FN303 on his DAM. Not magnified but it sounded akin to that aforementioned xbow sight. Not everyone can run a holo sight on a PB gun
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to esparzar Send a message via MSN to esparzar Send a message via Yahoo to esparzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post

Best sight/ FS setup I've seen was TechPB Mike`s EO Tech for the FN303 on his DAM. Not magnified but it sounded akin to that aforementioned xbow sight. Not everyone can run a holo sight on a PB gun
I rather like the ?Armotech RDS? Same thing as an izon, just looks cooler.
esparzar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News