mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   HK KLR Goggle System (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/243845-hk-klr-goggle-system.html)

skullcandy1993 10-16-2013 12:25 PM

HK KLR Goggle System

KLR Goggle System by HK Army

According to ANS Gear the price is going to be 124.95$ with additional lenses costing 24.99$-29.99$
Thoughts?

Schmitti 10-16-2013 12:39 PM

Not bad... and you can get it in mostly black. I like the lens colors. I hope they make extra foam.

E

RusskiX 10-16-2013 12:44 PM

$125.00 for googles? (+shipping) Really?

Schmitti 10-16-2013 12:47 PM

Aren't the DYE ones the same or more? I haven't bought a mask since 2006 when I bought an extra JT Pro-flex and that was on discount... hell I never spent more than about $60 for a mask.

E

EDIT.. looked it up.. yeah the I4 is like $130+

Donut SD 10-16-2013 12:53 PM

Y'know, that's actually a very nice and simple design. I like the front venting. Looks like it breathes well. I like the compact feel of my i4's but it's a bit claustrophobic up front.

Bow 10-16-2013 12:54 PM

I think it actually looks pretty good. I'll have to try one on before I make a final decision though.

Minority1 10-16-2013 12:54 PM

Coverage seems lower than the virtue vio as do the amount of visibility on the lenses. The only thing the klr seems to doing different is offering more bright colored patterns in my opinion. I'm sure they're comfortable but I don't see the allure compared to the many other brands that are already out with many features that are comparable if not better. I would suggest those who are interested to wait and prowl pbnation for players selling them in the near future.

Reloadro 10-16-2013 01:05 PM

i have to admit they do look pretty good. glad to see a camo-ish version, although it'd be really cool if they had more base colors than black.

dye sells tons of i4's at the same price point; im sure these will do well.

RusskiX 10-16-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmitti (Post 2823688)
Aren't the DYE ones the same or more? I haven't bought a mask since 2006 when I bought an extra JT Pro-flex and that was on discount... hell I never spent more than about $60 for a mask.

E

EDIT.. looked it up.. yeah the I4 is like $130+

I'm in the same boat on mask preferences. I guess I would rather buy 3 cases of paint over giving either DYE or HK $130 for a mask. Different priorities for different folks, but my $50-60 JT's work great.

Schmitti 10-16-2013 01:21 PM

Sure. I'm just cheap and have always found that those particular masks met my needs and my wallet.

Anyways, these look cool. I'm not their market, but if I was given a pair in black I'd wear them.... around the house too!

I typed a post that got lost but I have some questions about the latch system that will need to be looked into when someone gets a pair in hand. The latch looks like a major failure point. I wonder what it's made out of, how it connects to the frame at the top and bottom and rear where it goes through the hole in the lens itself. If the pivot points are failure points what keeps the lens on your mask? If the rear lock is a failure, same thing. If the latch (which is basically half a loop of material of some kind) breaks, what holds the lens on?

No lens or a loose lens makes the system/mask completely unusable.

E