mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #41 (permalink)
Rec Poster

with this and the KEE/Spyder pairing, i have hopes for new life in .50 cal. (dont give my the 'its crap and poison to the sport' shpeel please) as i have had a lot of fun playing up front and light with my FM50 and think it is great for kids and CQB but really wish i had mags for it and the other accessory they said would be coming. Two big companies competing to make it a real option is what .50 cal needs.
Istobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Didn't Tippman purchase Angel a few years ago?
So that would give GI Sportz the intelectual rights to the e-guns, right?
Ratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #43 (permalink)
7paintball & Airsoft

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzo View Post
Didn't Tippman purchase Angel a few years ago?
So that would give GI Sportz the intelectual rights to the e-guns, right?
No they did not, not sure why people still think that.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.

*All things Paintball and Airsoft*
G.I. Sportz, Valken, Empire, JT, Dye, Virtue, G&G, Elite Force, Tippmann and so much more!
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
Probably because John Rice works there.

Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Markers

Quote:
The Gryphon markers from Tippmann are a great gun for people just starting in the sport of paintball. While it is economically priced, it can compete against markers that cost much more. At $69.00, this marker is tough to beat for the money.The Gryphon marker is very lightweight and incorporates numerous premium features, including: an internal gasline for a cleaner look, a rigid and ergonomically-designed front grip, a center-feed design to maximize mobility, a high-impact body, a blade trigger for a smoother trigger pull, a high performance and ported barrel for reduced sound and improved accuracy, and the legendary reliability of the Tippmann inline bolt system. The Gryphon was designed by John Rice (JR), who has helped to develop some of the most well-known and top-performing markers in the paintball industry and played a key role in modifying the inline bolt system body frame and loader position to give the Gryphon a very balanced feel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_(paintball_gun)

Quote:
The Angel paintball marker was designed by engineer John Rice, as an HPA-only marker. Rice considered CO2 a dirty gas, so the Angel used miniaturized components that could not withstand impurities in the air or the cooling effects of CO2.[3]
What with them having Rice on staff, a pedigree for innovative design, and Tom Kaye's blessing to use the Automag design, Tippmann simply releasing the M98 over and over again is just lazy on their part. What with their income, pedigree, and resources I swear the reason people are sometimes hard on Tippmann is because we know they can do great things.

I actually think the GI buyout has the potential for some kicks to the posterior and we may see some good things come of it. Only time will tell.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
For me I bore easily, so when news/gossip threads get long I loose interest. I guess I missed that it never happened, just that there was potential for the sale.
Ratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istobla View Post
with this and the KEE/Spyder pairing, i have hopes for new life in .50 cal. (dont give my the 'its crap and poison to the sport' shpeel please) as i have had a lot of fun playing up front and light with my FM50 and think it is great for kids and CQB but really wish i had mags for it and the other accessory they said would be coming. Two big companies competing to make it a real option is what .50 cal needs.
It's "SPIEL" - and .50 cal is silly.

Hopefully, this merger will work out quite well. I have always respected Tippmann guns - even in their not-so-great years, they were acceptable, and better than most guns at their price point. Now maybe they can go back to building rugged, reliable guns, and pretty innovative guns (in their weird Tippmann way).

Maybe even bring back the SL-68...

DIDJA HEAR ME? BRING BACK THE SL-68! It was a sweet little pump and I miss mine!

Last edited by ironnerd88; 02-06-2014 at 06:58 PM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm pretty sure they re-released the SL-68 for a couple years...in like 09 or 10 I think?
Old 02-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

But it's gone again... They managed to re-release it when I had one. Then I loaned it to a guy for the weekend and "poof" it was gone.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #49 (permalink)
7paintball & Airsoft

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
But it's gone again... They managed to re-release it when I had one. Then I loaned it to a guy for the weekend and "poof" it was gone.
The SL98 is gone because they have the Cronus, and just wait the summer of 2014 will be the summer of .50 cal again with Tippmann/G.I.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.

*All things Paintball and Airsoft*
G.I. Sportz, Valken, Empire, JT, Dye, Virtue, G&G, Elite Force, Tippmann and so much more!
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #50 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Quote:
The SL98 is gone because they have the Cronus, and just wait the summer of 2014 will be the summer of .50 cal again with Tippmann/G.I.
hya-whuuu?
The Cronus is so ugly it almost looks good, but its not much of a pump gun. And .50 is still silly.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News