mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore70 View Post
This is all wonderful and great, but since I have been on a certain path for the last year and half, I am worried about one thing. I know my thoughts are narrow, but hey...

To me the Tippmann seems to be the only Paintball company that understands the relationship between parents-children-sport.

To be blunt, without a health relationship between those three, its hard for a sport to grow and/or stay healthy.

Tippmann has spent money, time and energy doing a fantastic job in answering parents concerns and creating events for parent-kids to attend.

Sure, beautiful young women wearing next to no clothes is a cheap quick sell, but that's a big turn off to mom, who according to most surveys, really controls how money is spent on the kids.

So I guess I am saying...I hope the new Tippmann is allowed to keep up their work on the family angle. Its awesome..
Well spoken. The aspect of the "family angle" in paintball isn't considered in enough of the industry's decisions.

I'm looking for:

12 gram Drop out Assembly (Phantom)
Dmag mag well (MKPII)
Ion Longbow Ups
TiPX
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #62 (permalink)

Well guess what now tippman has put their name on a .50 rental gun.

I hate to point out the .50 has been a lackluster ....ok bluntly crashed and burned as a product for paintball.

The .50 darn neared drove GI to the ground due to the lack of sales dispite heavy promotion.

I was at an event in IL where they sponcered a tank equipped with a .50. Dispite a target rich enviroment, lots of paint shot all they were able to eliminate all day was 4 players.
I was one and it took over 10 minutes of me spending 60% plus time in the clear shooting the tank turret for fun.

Now the gardners seem to have their abomination .50 attached to tippman's good name.

For the love of paintball tippman this has failed in the 1980's (leading to .68 as standard) and failed to fly for the last three years.
What makes ANYONE think it will work now?

Please tippman end this before it hurts your reputation.

Scrounger
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #63 (permalink)
7paintball & Airsoft

Brass N Wood Fan
I really think that Tippmann will turn .50 around. Going over to the UK and seeing how big .50 is there.. man I wish it was used more here.

I think where it failed was when it was first released it was under the "this costs less" but fields that sell paint and certain costs because that't where they make their money to operate the fields.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.

*All things Paintball and Airsoft*
G.I. Sportz, Valken, Empire, JT, Dye, Virtue, G&G, Elite Force, Tippmann and so much more!
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #64 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

It failed because it was marketed as "performing better"... you can't substitute non Earth physics with Gardnerian physics and not expect things to backfire. Especially in this day and age where people can get on the internet and within seconds have a discussion going about things.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #65 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

as much as i dont want to see .50 on the field, i do think it would work well for cqb type games indoors. like say, an office type building. other than that, i dont see much point for the average player. might be fine for younglings that want to try paintball but donw want to get hurt.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #66 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
as much as i dont want to see .50 on the field, i do think it would work well for cqb type games indoors. like say, an office type building. other than that, i dont see much point for the average player. might be fine for younglings that want to try paintball but donw want to get hurt.
In that light, it may be a good crossover for people who enjoy airsoft and are looking to try paintball. Who knows.

E
Old 03-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #67 (permalink)
All hail RatFink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
It failed because it was marketed as "performing better"... you can't substitute non Earth physics with Gardnerian physics and not expect things to backfire. Especially in this day and age where people can get on the internet and within seconds have a discussion going about things.

E
Exactly, well said. I would like to see a semi .50 pistol. I think one of the limiting factors for pistols has been the size of the paint. I think there is a potential for a pistol to carry more paint and be more efficient on 12ies.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #68 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

IF Spyder re-engineered their erasur (or how ever you spell it) for .50 rather than the anemic Rap4 .40 "training round" then it could be promising for close in work.

E
Old 03-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #69 (permalink)
MCB Member

We started offering 50 cal at our field last summer and also still offer 68 cal. We keep the two separate obviously. Although we are not promoting 50 cal and only offer on our website, giving it equal billing, close to 3/4 of the phone calls I am getting of late are asking for 50 cal. I can't wait for Tippman to come out with a reliable 50 cal marker (right now we are using the 50 cal Spyders as rentals and basically, they suck). If it's anywhere near as reliable as their 68 cal rental markers, I'll buy 100 as soon as they hit the market.

Anyone that gets the bug playing our 50 cal rental games and wants to get into paintball as a more regular thing, I guide them towards 68 cal markers. 50 cal failed because it was marketed to the wrong people in a poor way.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
IF Spyder re-engineered their erasur (or how ever you spell it) for .50 rather than the anemic Rap4 .40 "training round" then it could be promising for close in work.

E
it's .43

i'm pointing that out because i'm asking if 0.07 is small enough of a difference that boring the relevant parts would be enough to convert it
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News