mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   Paintball Biz (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/247526-paintball-biz.html)

CCMachinist 12-14-2013 11:55 AM

Paintball Biz

I don't know if this has been posted up or not.

I ran across this article this morning.

Paintball Business Bucking the Post-Recession Economy | Fox Small Business Center

Herc Gang Green 12-14-2013 02:01 PM

Ive been meaning to play at APG. They are 3 hours north from me. Ive heard nothing but Great things from them.

SEFishy 12-14-2013 05:20 PM

$38 bucks is still a lot but they have the right idea. my local field fee is $8 with all day air.

Horizon 12-14-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEFishy (Post 2862395)
$38 bucks is still a lot but they have the right idea. my local field fee is $8 with all day air.

I just checked their website. The $38 includes rentals, 500 paintballs, lunch and 7% taxes. That is very cheap in my opinion and a reason they are busy (although they are only open one day a week).

However, from a business standpoint, I would be concerned about this statement, "This is something we do for enjoyment. Our measure of success isn't the money side - our measurement of success is if we have people coming out having a good time". I mean I sort of understand that (I myself run a field and make much considerably less money I could doing other work), but a business should make money, otherwise it won't sustain itself. Eventually people get tired of working for free or very little and then all of a sudden, the business is no longer there, even though it seemed to be well attended while it was open.

Cunha 12-14-2013 10:41 PM

As paintball fields are going out of business, the ones that are sticking around are seeing growth.

homerj 12-15-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herc Gang Green (Post 2862310)
Ive been meaning to play at APG. They are 3 hours north from me. Ive heard nothing but Great things from them.

you really should make it up here. bussy is the nicest guy & they almost always have a high turnout.

SEFishy 12-15-2013 01:16 PM

Full rental at my field is $24. Course its a much smaller set of fields compared to.them so they can afford to run the lower price without having to worry with paying for upkeep and other expenses a far larger field has.

At least the are not like skirmish where you can only afford to go once a month :(

Feyd 12-17-2013 09:59 AM

Local prices around Ma./NH are 25.00 to 30.00$ with all day air on BYOP days and you are self equipped. When you have to use field paint it's prices usually are 60.00$ for the OK paint. Some fields have white box paint at 40.00$ My favorite field Canobie PB closed a few years ago because they lost their land to developers. But we still have OSG, AG, Fox-4 and in the winter Boston PB indoor. With OSG being the field that gets the most put back into it. Fields like Strategy Plus in Conn. are on the way out and it's a shame. That field was the best place to play back up until 07/08.

river031403 12-17-2013 10:32 PM

Darkstar paintball in chandler,AZ is going out of business soon

desertT1 12-17-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by river031403 (Post 2864487)
Darkstar paintball in chandler,AZ is going out of business soon

That's unfortunate. I don't buy much in the way of new stuff, but losing a somewhat local PB business is rarely a good thing.