mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Paintball Biz

I don't know if this has been posted up or not.

I ran across this article this morning.

Paintball Business Bucking the Post-Recession Economy | Fox Small Business Center
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shaiq-N-Baiq

Ive been meaning to play at APG. They are 3 hours north from me. Ive heard nothing but Great things from them.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
$38 bucks is still a lot but they have the right idea. my local field fee is $8 with all day air.

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFishy View Post
$38 bucks is still a lot but they have the right idea. my local field fee is $8 with all day air.
I just checked their website. The $38 includes rentals, 500 paintballs, lunch and 7% taxes. That is very cheap in my opinion and a reason they are busy (although they are only open one day a week).

However, from a business standpoint, I would be concerned about this statement, "This is something we do for enjoyment. Our measure of success isn't the money side - our measurement of success is if we have people coming out having a good time". I mean I sort of understand that (I myself run a field and make much considerably less money I could doing other work), but a business should make money, otherwise it won't sustain itself. Eventually people get tired of working for free or very little and then all of a sudden, the business is no longer there, even though it seemed to be well attended while it was open.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

As paintball fields are going out of business, the ones that are sticking around are seeing growth.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Gang Green View Post
Ive been meaning to play at APG. They are 3 hours north from me. Ive heard nothing but Great things from them.
you really should make it up here. bussy is the nicest guy & they almost always have a high turnout.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

DO NOT DEAL WITH eXotiC1nE!!
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Full rental at my field is $24. Course its a much smaller set of fields compared to.them so they can afford to run the lower price without having to worry with paying for upkeep and other expenses a far larger field has.

At least the are not like skirmish where you can only afford to go once a month

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Local prices around Ma./NH are 25.00 to 30.00$ with all day air on BYOP days and you are self equipped. When you have to use field paint it's prices usually are 60.00$ for the OK paint. Some fields have white box paint at 40.00$ My favorite field Canobie PB closed a few years ago because they lost their land to developers. But we still have OSG, AG, Fox-4 and in the winter Boston PB indoor. With OSG being the field that gets the most put back into it. Fields like Strategy Plus in Conn. are on the way out and it's a shame. That field was the best place to play back up until 07/08.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

Darkstar paintball in chandler,AZ is going out of business soon
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
Darkstar paintball in chandler,AZ is going out of business soon
That's unfortunate. I don't buy much in the way of new stuff, but losing a somewhat local PB business is rarely a good thing.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News