mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

I'm just going to sit back and wait this one out. I'm interested to see where this goes.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I'm with titus !!
Old 12-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Does the Tippman gang still own the WDP/Angel tech? Hmm... Hmmmm
They never actually had the WDP/Angel tech, that is still owned by the guys in England.

John Rice however does work with Tippmann. :tup:

I see this as a huge move for both companies. Will be very interesting to see how things develop.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm surprised this didn't happen the other way around.
I keep forgetting that in general, the paintball manufacturers are way bigger than the paintgun manufacturers.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Was GI Sports the guy's from Smart Parts? If so how long before the sue someone? If not the SP guys sorry. But I thought GI was the SP .50 experiment guys. Feyd.............
Old 12-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
everex, if anything, Tippmann's quality took a massive nosedive after being acquired by Summit Partners in 2004.
Agreed.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
"industry’s leading brands of paint" Not sure i would have included DXS in that statement...have never had a good experience with any DXS brand.
Having purchased thousand and thousands of cases of DXS paint, I can't say that I have had many negative experiences.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I'm just going to sit back and wait this one out. I'm interested to see where this goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by everex5 View Post
IMHO.....
FML. That is the end of that. I do not foresee anything good coming from this merger. Tippmann quality will probably suffer, their designs will shift towards stuff that is not what made Tippmann great. They were my last positive company for longevity in paintball. RIP to them. Maybe they will prove me wrong but history has shown otherwise.
I am in the camp where I don't see "good things" happening.
I am not a fan of GI and the companies attached to them.
Working in a store the only product we carry associated with GI are the Profiler & Grill. They are good masks BUT compared to what KEE has on the market, fall short. Both need a $25 lens upgrade out of the box to be on the same level.

After Tippmann was bought out by the investment group, there have been some things that I have seen as a tech that I don't like. I have replaced alot of broken sear pins in 98C Platinum's that I have replaced. When those pins break and are left for a long time, they wear out the holes that they sit in to the point that you cannot get the marker back together.
I have seen original 98's that are still kicking to this day but the field in our town has 6 98 Platinums that are useless because the holes for the sear are worn out. I might end up grabbing a machine screw and some JB weld to make a new sear pin by drilling a hole in the gun
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoPossum View Post
I am in the camp where I don't see "good things" happening.
I am not a fan of GI and the companies attached to them.
Working in a store the only product we carry associated with GI are the Profiler & Grill. They are good masks BUT compared to what KEE has on the market, fall short. Both need a $25 lens upgrade out of the box to be on the same level.

After Tippmann was bought out by the investment group, there have been some things that I have seen as a tech that I don't like. I have replaced alot of broken sear pins in 98C Platinum's that I have replaced. When those pins break and are left for a long time, they wear out the holes that they sit in to the point that you cannot get the marker back together.
I have seen original 98's that are still kicking to this day but the field in our town has 6 98 Platinums that are useless because the holes for the sear are worn out. I might end up grabbing a machine screw and some JB weld to make a new sear pin by drilling a hole in the gun
Having never owned a tippmann gun, I will vouch for the quality of the Vforce masks. The only masks that I would consider over it are the Dye I4 and Kee Eflex. This bieng said, Having tried both masks on, I still bought the Profilers over them. I've never had fogging issues with my profilers and pro vantage and I enjoy the better protection. Case and point, last time I played, I took 4 gog shots (one of the local pumpers was on point that day) and one was under 10 feet. Though I ate a little paint, I would've been worse off in the I4 or Eflex. I love my proflex I only hope they'll support it more with aftermarket stuff. Best of luck GI!
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Was GI Sports the guy's from Smart Parts? If so how long before the sue someone? If not the SP guys sorry. But I thought GI was the SP .50 experiment guys. Feyd.............
The Gardner brothers were involved at first, but the "I" in "GI" was for Richmond Italia, who actually had a much more active role in the venture. As I understand it, the Gardner brothers bowed out fairly soon once it was clear it was going to be a failure and Italia kept running his company selling non-50-cal products, with some success.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News