mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I think they'll box up rainbows and rent out unicorns on an hourly basis. I mean, since we're all speculating without any sort of evidence or insight.

The deal is interesting, but nothing changes until something actually changes. I did think it was a little silly to call the Victus a "leading brand of... marker" considering the thing just came out and hasn't exactly shattered the market. Maybe they're including the sales of the BLAST guns it's cloned from in that count?

FS: Ultimate Kingman Hammer and Freak Barrel

FS: Powerfeed Kingman Hammer body kit
WTB: Cocker iFit or Python kit

Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:55 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by everex5 View Post
IMHO.....

FML. That is the end of that. I do not foresee anything good coming from this merger. Tippmann quality will probably suffer, their designs will shift towards stuff that is not what made Tippmann great. They were my last positive company for longevity in paintball. RIP to them. Maybe they will prove me wrong but history has shown otherwise.

Sorry but this is my opinion too.

Tippman (even after being bought out by the investment group) was still a true independent competition to the other mega paintball companies.

Even with some of the quirks with the 98 platinum the overall products were sound and customer service (especially at events) was top notch.

I did get mad that the angel line was dormant since bought by tippman, but I was presuming they were taking their time before releasing it again.

Now dispite all the comments here that the gardner brothers are out of control of GI sports I follow the line from bugs bunny ...."DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT".

I find it hard to believe that they lost SP, then started GI sports, pushed and failed the .50 paintball, then just left the company.

My spider sense is telling me they may have learned to keep the lawsuits down for a while and just quietly aquire all that they could not get by lawsuits.

I may be wrong (and hope for paintball sake I am wrong) but I have never seen in other industries that merging multiple companies into a few mega companies has EVER been benificial to the consumer in the long run.

Scrounger
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
The I in GI is just as negative a letter as the G ever was... 50 cal was more than a failed push. It was a business scam to get around a non compete agreement. Not sure what to expect for tippmann, only time will tell.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Seems like Plankton is involved somehow...
BretG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounger View Post
Sorry but this is my opinion too.

Tippman (even after being bought out by the investment group) was still a true independent competition to the other mega paintball companies.

Even with some of the quirks with the 98 platinum the overall products were sound and customer service (especially at events) was top notch.

I did get mad that the angel line was dormant since bought by tippman, but I was presuming they were taking their time before releasing it again.

Now dispite all the comments here that the gardner brothers are out of control of GI sports I follow the line from bugs bunny ...."DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT".

I find it hard to believe that they lost SP, then started GI sports, pushed and failed the .50 paintball, then just left the company.

My spider sense is telling me they may have learned to keep the lawsuits down for a while and just quietly aquire all that they could not get by lawsuits.

I may be wrong (and hope for paintball sake I am wrong) but I have never seen in other industries that merging multiple companies into a few mega companies has EVER been benificial to the consumer in the long run.

Scrounger
Um, the Gardners didn't start GI Milsim. They were contracted to build the guns for GI and MAY have had a stake in the company at one point, but Richmond Italia was always the man in charge. As far as I know there is no current relationship between the Gardners and GI, they own GOG now which is a smaller resurrection of Smart Parts.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hopefully this will work out like JT,how many times has it changed hands now?Quality was mostly consistent,changes and new products were for the better.
Tippmann markers remind me of JT products,bread and butter of paintball.There's plenty of room for small improvements but the core will likely stay the same
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Brass eagle was once a good company too....
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
7paintball & Airsoft

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Um, the Gardners didn't start GI Milsim. They were contracted to build the guns for GI and MAY have had a stake in the company at one point, but Richmond Italia was always the man in charge. As far as I know there is no current relationship between the Gardners and GI, they own GOG now which is a smaller resurrection of Smart Parts.
I love this move. I love GI for how they treat business owners and I love Tippmann for the same reason. They both understand how they need fields/stores to grow the sport.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.

*All things Paintball and Airsoft*
G.I. Sportz, Valken, Empire, JT, Dye, Virtue, G&G, Elite Force, Tippmann and so much more!
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
Brass eagle was once a good company too....
I hope this will not happen to tippmann ... This SOUNDS like it could be a good thing by the way they talked .... But paintball history isnt on there side ...or ours
tippmann_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 AM   #30 (permalink)

Everyone remember this quote.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Well guess what now tippman has put their name on a .50 rental gun.

I hate to point out the .50 has been a lackluster ....ok bluntly crashed and burned as a product for paintball.

The .50 darn neared drove GI to the ground due to the lack of sales dispite heavy promotion.

I was at an event in IL where they sponcered a tank equipped with a .50. Dispite a target rich enviroment, lots of paint shot all they were able to eliminate all day was 4 players.
I was one and it took over 10 minutes of me spending 60% plus time in the clear shooting the tank turret for fun.

Now the gardners who "as I know there is no current relationship between the Gardners and GI, they own GOG" seem to have their abomination .50 attached to tippman's good name.

For the love of paintball tippman this has failed in the 1980's (leading to .68 as standard) and failed to fly for the last three years.
What makes ANYONE think it will work now?

Please tippman end this before it hurts your reputation.

Scrounger
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News