mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #31 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

G.I. Sportz Acquires Tippmann Sports Official Announcement

Are you illiterate or something? GI is owned by Richmond Italia, GI owns Tippmann. The FT 50 is clearly based on the FT 12 which is made by Tippmann. Maybe it's because I left my tin foil hat at home today but where does that imply any connection to the Gardners and GOG?

Of course GI is going to push 50 cal and any company they own is going to help push it. Whether you believe in 50 cal or not is irrelevant, there IS a market for it as many field have been successfully using it for the rental/birthday party crowd. I don't like it either but it's a free market and people and businesses are free to buy and sell what they want.

As I said to my knowledge there is no direct business connection between GOG and GI other than them at one point building guns to be sold under the GI name, just like Bob Long does with the Victus/insight. But GI does not own GOG and GOG does not own GI. If there's a relationship beyond that I couldn't tell you because my last name isn't Gardner and I won't state rumors and theory as if they're facts.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

First Pistol I am no illiterate and there was no need to go personal on my post just because YOU do not agree with it.

Second I never said or even argued against a free market.

Third I never said there was not a market for.50.
My POINT was there IS NOT A LARGE or even viable market for the .50
I have no doubt some field somewhere used it.

But lets deal in REALITY. In the 50+ fields (over 3 states) I have played plus 20 or so events I have been at since the marketing of .50 I have been in EXACTLY ONE EVENT ONLY that used it and ONLY BECAUSE the tank was sponsored by GI (with the results reported by THE EVENT PROMOTER).
I may not be all over the country but in my area not one uses .50. That says something.

I also have had a hard time with internet searches finding any fields that use .50. Where a search that looks for .68 blows up the engine.

If you go on any site (be it ebay, ultimate paintball, B/S/T, ect) you find maybe less than 10% (that's being overly generous) being .50 products and maybe 1% in stores.

The facts prove .50 still only exists due to the pressure of before mentioned parties pushing this (IMO) CRAP.

I also do not know EXACTLY if the brothers have a direct control of anything tippman does.

BUT if the company was bought out by a group with connections (at minimum) to the brothers and now tippman is pushing a .50 product any reasonable person can connect the dots.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it most likely a DUCK.

All I am pointing out is .50 as a viable market is quite frankly NOT THERE.

I don't want a good company like tippman to put something out that has BOMBED when other companies have tried it.

BTW not one crack in this post is personal.
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #33 (permalink)

As a specialty nitch like for cqb training/police training and in other countries like UK that 7paintball pointed out (shameless plug, they ARE A GREAT RETAILER) then .50 is good for those.

But lets deal in reality people.

After all the different calibers were tried in the 80's (yes I have been playing that long) .68 was found to be the best all around for all aspects of paintball.

For the last 20+ years the standard has been .68 and all equipment has been designed for it. Now your asking players who use modern and stock play to either buy conversion kits (to which some older one will not have) or buy brand new guns/.50 compatible equipment. All of which cost a lot of cash.

I am sorry but this is like trying to change the size of a baseball, hockey puck, or basketball. With the difference is we have more equipment (loaders, mags, guns) to change.

If tippman wants the police/military training and European market great.

Don't try to change the US market

Scrounger
Old 03-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounger View Post
I am sorry but this is like trying to change the size of a baseball, hockey puck, or basketball. With the difference is we have more equipment (loaders, mags, guns) to change.
Scrounger
You are against youth and woman sized basketballs? Making those 6 year olds use a NBA regulation sized basketball just seem means.

I guess tee ball is out too. The kids are in for a rough time it seems. I'm sure they will just suck it up and come back though, what else will they do, play video games?
2hits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #35 (permalink)

I feel like the milsim CQB market, especially as it exists in Canada, is ripe for some .50 advancement.

Those kinds of players put a premium on simulation over range and accuracy, and the smaller caliber of .50 makes designing 1:1 firearm replicas much easier. If nothing else, smaller-scale pistols or "sub-machine guns" become far more viable when you're dealing with a smaller caliber that fits into smaller, shorter magazines and requires far less gas to shoot. At the ranges these players play, the downsides of .50 become far less detrimental.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

The only 50 cal that I personally know for sure that Tippmann is working on is the FT50 (not sure if that is what it will be called, but it's the 50 cal equivalent to the FT12). They are doing this with rental fields in mind because rental fields are screaming for a decent 50 cal rental. Currently I have more 50 cal players prebooked than 68 cal players (without promoting 50 cal) and all I have to give them is a Spyder Opus, which quite frankly sucks! I know there are lots of field owners waiting for this marker. I assume they will also have a retail version, but first and foremost, they are doing this for the rental market.

Since 50 cal will most likely be available at many fields in the next year or so, it makes sense for companies to pursue the magfed market with some 50 cal guns, in my opinion.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I feel like the milsim CQB market, especially as it exists in Canada, is ripe for some .50 advancement.

Those kinds of players put a premium on simulation over range and accuracy, and the smaller caliber of .50 makes designing 1:1 firearm replicas much easier. If nothing else, smaller-scale pistols or "sub-machine guns" become far more viable when you're dealing with a smaller caliber that fits into smaller, shorter magazines and requires far less gas to shoot. At the ranges these players play, the downsides of .50 become far less detrimental.

http://torontoist.com/wp-content/upl...rbin_Smith.jpg.
Unfortunately, that field is now shut down as the winter and watermain ruptures in the area meant the repairs were too costly to stomach. Here's to hoping that somebody picks up the CQB markter.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hits View Post
You are against youth and woman sized basketballs? Making those 6 year olds use a NBA regulation sized basketball just seem means.

I guess tee ball is out too. The kids are in for a rough time it seems. I'm sure they will just suck it up and come back though, what else will they do, play video games?
Sigh

Comparing apples to oranges and being snotty about it at that.

So to use your logic then your against the military using sim rounds, the police using sim and .43 because .68 is standard for paintball?

Or against the special Olympics due to its different then the standard Olympics?

Get off the defensive silly train.

I stated quite clearly that .50 may have a good market if applied to such areas such as CCB, military and oversees (which has such tight gun control regulations) just as the rules/equipment for (your example) tee ball is for its nitch.

However changing major league baseball (ex) ball to an inch smaller or a tee ball ball because some yo-yo says its better would be just as silly.

If sir you care to debate the properties, past history, or current history (failure) of .50 then I welcome it.

But if your going to defend your point with pointless comparisons and/or personal attacks then you appear just to be offended someone does not share/challenges your opinion.

BTW hundreds of thousands of current and past USA players don't want .50.

Scrounger
Old 03-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #39 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

All, please stay on topic (your tangents are asinine and extremely argumentative... womens' sized basketballs? Seriously?), be polite, stop with the personal attacks (even if minor) or the thread will be locked and points will be issued.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
All, please stay on topic (your tangents are asinine and extremely argumentative... womens' sized basketballs? Seriously?), be polite, stop with the personal attacks (even if minor) or the thread will be locked and points will be issued.

E
Point taken

Sorry

Scrounger

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News