mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
Pump or Stock in the woods is where the truly skilled players are found.
Fixed.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
They should just go back to Pan-Am rules of hopper ball. Then see what those pros can do. But I agree with shootist to an extent. I just leave it at stock class on any field. Too many people auto triggering as fast as a mech semi nowadays lol.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

I'd love to see a major series go to limited paint or highly restricted RoF (no electro, for example). Of course, that'd cut in to too many bottom lines to be acceptable, nevermind the possible gains from wider interest.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
as much as I'd like this, It's too easy to cheat playing like that. ramping gives everyone a level non-cheating playing field when it comes to balls per second.
What? Like the old angels that you touch the side of the marker and the thing goes out of control full auto due to the trigger bounce? Or hot shot from a cocker? List can go on, but you get the idea.
If someone wants to cheat at the ROF, it will happen regardless of the fancy electronics. I know some people just has quicker fingers then others and can out shoot the 12bps rule easy. I was one many years ago until arthritis did a number on my hands. But why should we penalize the people with quick fingers and reward the ones that has no trigger skill? The tournament should be about pure skill all around not hindering it.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
What? Like the old angels that you touch the side of the marker and the thing goes out of control full auto due to the trigger bounce? Or hot shot from a cocker? List can go on, but you get the idea.
If someone wants to cheat at the ROF, it will happen regardless of the fancy electronics. I know some people just has quicker fingers then others and can out shoot the 12bps rule easy. I was one many years ago until arthritis did a number on my hands. But why should we penalize the people with quick fingers and reward the ones that has no trigger skill? The tournament should be about pure skill all around not hindering it.
Trigger bounce, secret board settings that make it ramp, etc etc. It's easier to just allow ramping at a set pace.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
I agree with this. When I first started playing tournament ball I was young and small enough that I could comfortably fit three fingers in the trigger guard. I taught myself to play on semi and keep a consistent rope in the air. In the young gun divisions I was playing in (I was 13 at the time), that gave me a HUGE advantage for myself and my teammates. Then ramping was allowed and just kinda ruined everything.

(competitive) Paintball is a game of skill, what's the point when you start limiting a physical advantage that one player has over another? It's kinda like the NFL saying they're going to place a cap on the height and weight of all players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I think a lot of people seem to forget that the mech side of paintball has always had its own BPS race as well... I mean, ramping is BS but RT's are ok? Lest we forget gentlemen....

Regardless of the format, faster ROF is perceived as an advantage, thus no matter what gun is the standard people will try to make it faster. See; auto triggers, pneumatic assist, pump stroke smoothing/lightening mods, etc. When it all boils down a total ammo per person cap is really the most effective BPS cap.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I think a lot of people seem to forget that the mech side of paintball has always had its own BPS race as well... I mean, ramping is BS but RT's are ok? Lest we forget gentlemen....

Regardless of the format, faster ROF is perceived as an advantage, thus no matter what gun is the standard people will try to make it faster. See; auto triggers, pneumatic assist, pump stroke smoothing/lightening mods, etc. When it all boils down a total ammo per person cap is really the most effective BPS cap.
It isn't a big deal if you remove loaders from the equation. Fastest hands in the world are still stuck at ~10 bps if they have to gravity load. But you are right, limited paint is the only effective way to make high ROF play no longer the be-all and end-all.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:35 AM   #29 (permalink)
Barned

New PSP Code of conduct manual:
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

^^ too true. I like what the psp has on the table for the coming season. I think they are realizing that the 'advancements' in the sport from the past 10 years really haven't been all that they are cracked up to be or good for the sport
DeadlySickness is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News