mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
KEE closes plant in USA. Goes overseas.

Paintball company KEE Action Sports closes Clearwater plant, cutting 109 jobs | Tampa Bay Times

KEE Action Sports, the biggest maker of paintballs in the world, has closed its Clearwater manufacturing facility and is shipping the bulk of the work to cheaper labor in Asia.

The closure means KEE is laying off 109 of its 110 plant employees, the company said in a mass layoff notice filed with the state Monday. Only one senior executive working there will be relocated.

RELATED NEWS/ARCHIVE
Paintball business wins entrepreneurial contest at the University of South Florida
10 Months Ago
Store hopes to make a splash in extreme sports
More than a Year ago
Chi Chi Rodriguez Academy in Clearwater to add multisport complex
More than a Year ago
Tampa Bay business leaders offer top wishes for 2013
1 Year Ago
Tampa Bay job seekers ask: Who's hiring?
More than a Year ago

CEO and president John Robinson said about a third of the production "high and mid-grade stuff" will be sent to the company's plant in London, Ontario. Most of the work will go to Asia through strategic partnerships with producers in Taiwan and China.

"It was a pure economic decision," Robinson said, citing a "glut in the marketplace" with international manufacturers that didn't exist even a few years ago. "We were just not able to compete."

"As you can imagine, it was a brutal decision to ultimately get to," he added.

KEE Action Sports, which pumps out about 5 billion paintballs a year, is an amalgamation of acquired sporting companies and has a dispersed organizational chart as a result. Its headquarters is in Sewell, N.J., while its CEO is based in Bentonville, Ark., the home of Walmart.

The Clearwater plant at 11399 47th Street, N., which has been used by KEE the last seven years, closed last Thursday.

In a letter to the state, Robinson said employees will not be required to report for work unless requested to help decommission the facility. Employees will continue to receive pay and benefits until March 31.

Following the layoffs, KEE will have about 170 employees remaining between Canada, a small office in the United Kingdom, and multiple distribution centers around the United States, including nine employees in sales and distribution in Tampa Bay.

Paintball company KEE Action Sports closes Clearwater plant, cutting 109 jobs 02/03/14

SIGH....

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Good grief...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Step 1: plant trees
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!

My feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

This is why I try to support local markets and smaller marker makers, this crap pisses me off. Lets cut costs and employee's to make more cash...:S

My B/S/T Feedback
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
------------

CCM Fan
Not ideal.
boltaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

it prove the fact it hard and hard to compete against company's that make thing cheaper over seas. also the fact some company's will look better way's to make more rich if can get some made some where cheaper.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Picture in your mind: Lynn Massachusetts. 1900. Central Square. Several thousand recent immigrants, shopping in all the downtown stores, surrounded by FACTORIES. Shoe factories, light bulb factories, shoe machinery factories, several General Electric factories. All these people WORK in these factories. They pay TAXES. These taxes support SCHOOLS where their children attend. They buy HOMES, and assimilate into American life.

Picture in your mind: Lynn Massaachusetts. 2014. Central Square. Several hundred homeless persons, drug-addicts and very poor and unemployed people waiting for state-subsidized health care. All those surrounding factories are now vacant lots, strewn with trash. Those who are working are angry because they are over taxed, paying for all the entitlement programs, trying to keep the thousands of unemployed from starving.

I guess no one gets it.

My support goes out those who have been "outsourced".
Old 02-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
Picture in your mind: Lynn Massachusetts. 1900. Central Square. Several thousand recent immigrants, shopping in all the downtown stores, surrounded by FACTORIES. Shoe factories, light bulb factories, shoe machinery factories, several General Electric factories. All these people WORK in these factories. They pay TAXES. These taxes support SCHOOLS where their children attend. They buy HOMES, and assimilate into American life.

Picture in your mind: Lynn Massaachusetts. 2014. Central Square. Several hundred homeless persons, drug-addicts and very poor and unemployed people waiting for state-subsidized health care. All those surrounding factories are now vacant lots, strewn with trash. Those who are working are angry because they are over taxed, paying for all the entitlement programs, trying to keep the thousands of unemployed from starving.

I guess no one gets it.

My support goes out those who have been "outsourced".
A GOOD Business plan [if you wanna say that]: It is cheaper to out source and screw the local worker...even if he or she has a family to feed.

My B/S/T Feedback
Old 02-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Lost a lot of respect for KEE with this decision. Wish they would have looked at the employees rather than their bottom line. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I was a move that I saw coming as they grew bigger and bigger. Woo hoo for made in Taiwan markers!

My B/S/T Feedback
Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Valken just announced they're moving paint production to the US haha.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News