mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #91 (permalink)
MCB Member

I would admit that a TiPX filled with pepperballs would be an impressive dispenser. I guess if your were going to use pepper spray in the house you could use that, except for bounces and eye problems.

I'm wondering when someone will try to use one on a bear, since they sell bear spray. Not that I would put faith in either one of those techniques, just that some "person" will probably try it.

some things are stickier than others
Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #92 (permalink)
Mod Fodder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Hopefully no one tries that. I hear 3 out of 4 bears prefer their human lightly peppered.

Feedback

Quote:
Halogen, the lights will flicker
Incandescent burning lies
And the silence stands for nothing
Desperate, I search the skies
Aching for a spark
Trembling in pitchest dark
Old 06-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #93 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Really? How do you know that someone that just broke into your home isn't going to harm you or your family?
It seems I have a better chance of getting into an argument here than I do having someone break into my home with violent intent. I'm batting about 1:1 in this thread.... Bureau of Justice from 2003 to 2007 found about a 7% of home burglaries the household member experienced some form of violent victimization.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/vdhb.pdf

All kidding aside.... If I see/hear someone shuffling around in my house.. one my dog is already going to go ballistic. At that point I call the cops. if the shuffling stays far away and the response to my calling out "You are not welcome in my home and I have called the cops" doesn't get strange person to leave, but they stay away from me and mine, then they can stay in the house until the cops get there. Seriously. I'm not going to chase someone through my own house just because they broke in to steal something. There is a greater chance of myself or a member of my family getting hurt doing that. I'm not trained for that kind of armed/unarmed combat.

But I can certainly gather everyone to me and defend my ground very well.

Do you see where I was going with that, and how I have an idea (better in my head than explained here) about my response to the levels of threat escalation?

E
Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #94 (permalink)
Oldbie

Cops have a duty to arrest people, I don't. I leave the less than lethal toys to them. I agree about never using deadly force to defend property though.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #95 (permalink)
Newbie in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
Cops have a duty to arrest people, I don't. I leave the less than lethal toys to them. I agree about never using deadly force to defend property though.
So what are you saying? I should refund your payment and not ship? LOL Just kidding. But seriously it's less lethal, Not less than lethal and it is really a tool for self defense not a toy as demonstrated below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BOpLRhjU-8
Old 06-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #96 (permalink)
Oldbie

I never said I didn't still want to feel the effect. That was never because I considered them a means of self defense.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #97 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Best solution for home defense is to rack a 12 guage or start a chainsaw.
Nobody is hanging out in a house with a live chainsaw. Mostly becuase.... who has a chainsaw in the house?

Sorry not trying to troll at all.

But if it came to the point where you were going to have to shoot a person...
Shoot them with something that will put them down.

It's something nobody ever wants to do. But I wouldn't put my faith in that situation with any pepperball.

Last edited by fossilhead; 06-12-2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Further explanation
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #98 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilhead View Post
Best solution for home defense is to rack a 12 guage or start a chainsaw.
Nobody is hanging out in a house with a live chainsaw. Mostly becuase.... who has a chainsaw in the house?

Sorry not trying to troll at all.

But if it came to the point where you were going to have to shoot a person...
Shoot them with something that will put them down.

It's something nobody ever wants to do. But I wouldn't put my faith in that situation with any pepperball.
While i agree with this, and i think that Schmitti detailed the best way to deal with it, no matter how much we disagree with it there is a market for this stuff. There are many people who think that under no circumstances is killing justified, and so to make a buck they're trying to cater to those people.

I'm not saying it's right, just saying it does make some sense on their part. I still think it's a terrible idea to use them, and to have them out in the open like that.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #99 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
While i agree with this, and i think that Schmitti detailed the best way to deal with it, no matter how much we disagree with it there is a market for this stuff. There are many people who think that under no circumstances is killing justified, and so to make a buck they're trying to cater to those people.

I'm not saying it's right, just saying it does make some sense on their part. I still think it's a terrible idea to use them, and to have them out in the open like that.
Indeed. There will always be people like that.

The most unfortunate are the folks that make pretty good prey (elderly especially) who may want to protect themselves but can't/won't do so in a manner that would be the safest to them. Hell, there are a lot of folks that don't even lock their damn doors at night!?!?!?!?!? Seriously! You are elderly and you don't lock your damn doors!?!?!

Now on the flip side, there are plenty of elderly that I don't even think should own a car, let alone a gun.

As to racking a 12 ga slide.... yup that will usually do it... FOllowed by "This is my BOOM Stick!" yelled at the type of your lungs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFriRcIwqNU&feature=kp

E
Old 06-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #100 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post

As to racking a 12 ga slide.... yup that will usually do it... FOllowed by "This is my BOOM Stick!" yelled at the type of your lungs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFriRcIwqNU&feature=kp

E
Or on the other "hand" like was already mentioned starting a chainsaw?/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News