mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 11:59 PM   #111 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Sigh.
Feedback
Old 06-15-2014, 12:09 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Sigh.
I'd actually agree with that. I feel this thread has nothing else constructive that can come from it. That ship sailed pages ago.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #113 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
Who among you wouldn't play outlaw-ball with friends with pepperballs.
I know I wouldn't and I have a feeling I'd have a tough time finding others. If I did find some, I would probably prefer not to play regular paintball with them either, cause there would be something not quite right with them, in my opinion.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:32 AM   #114 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
I'd actually agree with that. I feel this thread has nothing else constructive that can come from it. That ship sailed pages ago.
Agreed. I think it is about time to lock this one down before it gets too heated. I feel as though things may only continue to escalate from here

And my feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 06-15-2014, 05:30 AM   #115 (permalink)
Northern Transplant

It's awfully hot on the scoville scale in here.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:51 AM   #116 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Agreed. I think it is about time to lock this one down before it gets too heated. I feel as though things may only continue to escalate from here

I think all paintball usage for self defence threads end this way don't they?

has anyone's oppinion been changed?

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 06-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #117 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
In my opinion, there is nothing more dangerous than pointing a gun-lookalike at someone.

This product is bad for home defense, bad for paintball, and RAP4 is a heartless piece of crap company for selling it.
Agreed.

As a civilian you are not the police. You do not have the duties the police have. If you are in a situation that creates the need (and legal allowance) to escalate to the use of a "less-lethal" weapon you are in a situation that creates the need for (and legal allowance) lethal force. You are, frankly, in a situation where you believe not taking action is going to result in severe bodily harm or death to you or others. The way you survive such situations is by being willing to create more damage to your attacker while sustaining more damage than he or she is willing to inflict on you or sustain from you.

These half-way solutions are really no solution at all. These types of options are available to the police force because they have different duties than the normal civilian. In certain police situations use of less-lethal options may be called for and justified while not raising the threat to the officers into unreasonable levels. This is not so in the civilian world. These half-way solutions are likely to result in the defender being seriously injured or killed because of a lack of resolve to take meaningful and overwhelming force against the attacker.

/Not a lawyer
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 06-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #118 (permalink)
Rec Poster

i checked my local walmart and i dident see anything
Old 06-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #119 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmaticarsenal View Post
Wow the evolution of the thread. This started from a store's bad display practices which may lead to the likely misuse of a product to hurt someone and the sport. Now it's a debate on the ethical (almost religious) aspects of what justifies deadly force...

My 2 cents:

I use rubber rounds to control wasp nest and other pest around the hose. Those rounds never get pointed at a person, nor do they leave the house. They are not really the same as LTL but they are not paintballs either and I have found a use for them. I would like to see any "Less than lethal defense rounds" sold in the same manner and care as real handgun ammunition (since shotgun amo is a bit to relaxed IMHO). I realize that that is an unlikely expectation as is the hope that stupid people will not misuse these LTL rounds. If you choose to use these LTL rounds good luck and please use it for its intended use.
I'm retired military, a CCH permit holder and a firm believer in the 2nd amendment. I hope and pray that I'll never have to shoot anyone in self defense or the defense of my family. However if you break into my house while I'm home: 1. I will not ask what your intentions are. 2. LTL rounds will not be in my 1911. 3. If I shoot or not depends on the situation that intruder chose to put me in.

Again just my 2 cents on a thread I will not read or comment on again.
I am going to dedicate my entire night to looking for a GIF or video, of a big group fight, and one guy running in from the side, punching someone, and then running away.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #120 (permalink)
Oldbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully/A5 View Post
i checked my local walmart and i dident see anything
Ours had some 00 buck, and the food section has hot sauce, I figure if I marinate the 12 gauge shells for a few hours, close enough.

FYBIPPB

Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News