mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

I prefer my good ole Ruger .45 pistol for home defense. Because shooting twice is silly.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
The biggest thing about this that pisses me off the most, is that they are out in the open and not in the ammo case. Someone needs to call this store and speak with the store manager. If that doesn't work, contact the regional manager. This is unacceptable.

My thoughts exactly. Selling them like this seems irresponsible. But these will be fairly easy to swipe and you can be sure the wrong people will wind up with them.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

And this store was in NY? I'm not going to get into our state's gun politics... but man, they are just taunting the beast on this one. The Attorney's General office could shut that place down in a heart beat.

E
Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Shotgun Ammo on display - commonsense is not always the norm - the wallyworld store display guide is more strictly followed by certain managers than others but the immediate responsible person would be the department manager who while they should know local laws is not always informed or even aware that a product might be restricted. During the "fall seasons" they usually have a shotgun shell and clay "endcap" display and a pallet display in the guide most stores opt to not use this display with the cases of ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
And this store was in NY? I'm not going to get into our state's gun politics... but man, they are just taunting the beast on this one. The Attorney's General office could shut that place down in a heart beat.

E
It is a display as long as they supposedly do not illegally sell to anyone not having the proper license - is this really against the law?

I am asking this question from a legal not a political standpoint. Do NY state laws concerning these items also pertain to their display?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
It is a display as long as they supposedly do not illegally sell to anyone not having the proper license - is this really against the law?

I am asking this question from a legal not a political standpoint. Do NY state laws concerning these items also pertain to their display?
First... I'm not an attorney... I'm exposed to various laws of NY on a daily basis and through the Regulatory position I hold, I'm familiar with how to read the laws... but that's it.

As to your question, I'm not sure. Sale is always the big point (and even ammo sales are now affected under the new law... NO MAIL ORDER, and in store purchases will soon require a background check).

The other kicker is, we have laws for pepper spray (see link below for a site that sells it and links the law).. but I don't think it in any way are pepper balls defined.
New York Pepper Spray Laws: Legal Products & Regulations on Use

Now, the easiest way to hang a penalty would be to say that they are endangering a minor by the placement of the product in manner in which it was easily accessible without obvious controls by the store (not behind the counter or lock and key).

But we have NY Penal Law that also handles the possession and sale:
N.Y. PEN. LAW 265.01 : NY Code - Section 265.01: Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree

THat law of course leaves the onus of responsibility on the purchaser... not on the store.

E
Old 06-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Not gonna lie. I'd be tempted to pick some up (the balls) and shoot them in my backyard for giggles...

Last edited by Skipdogg; 06-05-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
Newbie in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
Not gonna lie. I'd be tempted to pick some up (the balls) and shoot them in my backyard for giggles...
Well if your half serious do not waist your money on this cheap ammo, Get yourself the hottest and hardest hitting Ghost chili balls and/or a solid 6 gram MB68P breaker/riot rounds. This stuff prime is selling is kids play compared to the Less lethal ammo I make.

Name:  TiPX package.JPG
Views: 920
Size:  32.0 KB
Old 06-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
MagMaster

Anyone think it would be fun to put 2 or 3 in everyone's hopper and play a game of hyperball?

Or is that just me being crazy?
AO Feedback +22/-0:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ion-s-feedback
PbNation Feedback +20/-0:
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=469247
Old 06-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecroatiansensation View Post
Anyone think it would be fun to put 2 or 3 in everyone's hopper and play a game of hyperball?

Or is that just me being crazy?
Are you trying to get a time out or points for trolling?

E
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News