mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
I think you're mistaken. A cocker is also bore drop. These work in cockers where the ball sits in the barrel so it would work for a sterling thread sterling as well. The issue might be that sterling barrels have a narrower shank so these might not seat properly being made for the wider shank ac barrels. I could be wrong, but I thought palmers mentioned something about this issue in one of the development threads.

Call em and find out.
Thank you for the answer to the question I asked (in the third post) after the thread was started back in December.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #52 (permalink)
Play for Phun

I have a set of these wedgits. Sold out hours after I got mine. I'm testing on my cocker threaded barrels. They are bendable but springy. After you've bent them though it's not all that easy to keep bending them, they seem to spring more than bend. IMO it would only break off if you keep bending the fins/wedgits, then again I need to keep testing to see how long before any fins break off. I've tested with paint and reballs. Holds paint well so far.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
Post Whore

Last edited by Brassballs; 03-05-2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: bla bla bla
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

These should work as good as any other ball retention device ever made. The only thing no one will like about them is their disposable nature and their lack of compatibility with a barrel swap.

Otherwise these work perfect. My larger bore closed bolt barrels with wedgits or tape or nail polish to retain paint always tended to seem more accurate than my freaks and race barrels as fancy as those were.

You can also use a piece of cord or string it's just harder to work with and won't provide the symmetrical retention you get with these.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:17 AM   #55 (permalink)
Play for Phun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
lack of compatibility with a barrel swap.

You mean switching out barrels or moving wedgits to other markers. It stays pretty much in one marker, you can remove it and install in another. You can use any barrel as long as the wedgit stays. I've tested it with a freak bored barrel. Not sure If I understood what you meant.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:59 AM   #56 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
I think he meant swab.

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:06 AM   #57 (permalink)

I bought some for my sar12, they work well.

feed back
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2897921
Biscuits798 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #58 (permalink)
MCB Member

Didn't see anyone else bring it up but I called palmers and asked if these would work with a phantom. I was told they are .15" to large and will buckle when the barrel is tightened. He said it wouldn't be hard to trim it down with a belt sander or a dremel with a sanding attachment but wasn't sure it was worth the time.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News