mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-25-2017, 10:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
yeah, the reason for the redesigned threads on the body side is because thats the most common part that strips on cockers,

the added material adds a ton of strength

you can make a regular frame work, but you'll either need to cut the thread boss's off the body, or pocket mill the screw holes to accommodate. also, the frame will need the back hole redrilled about a quarter inch farther back

so, no, its not impossible to use a different frame, its just not simply a bolt on thing

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:23 AM   #32 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8cornnuts View Post
In an email from the horses mouth

"It has the new, more reliable, boss mounting system so it would need to use our frame, or have to be modified if you want to use something else on it"
Well, there you have it!

My mistake, and apologies for the misinformation.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:22 AM   #33 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Now is it an Inception proprietary frame, or is it a Resi frame? I've got a Resi I love, but I dig the Hornet, and I miss the back block, so could I just slap on all the Resi guts and pneumatics, drop and call it a day, or is nothing ever that easy? I mean, I suppose I'd need a new hammer, cocking rod, and bolt, but that's far cheaper than a new Hornet...

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #34 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Now is it an Inception proprietary frame, or is it a Resi frame? I've got a Resi I love, but I dig the Hornet, and I miss the back block, so could I just slap on all the Resi guts and pneumatics, drop and call it a day, or is nothing ever that easy? I mean, I suppose I'd need a new hammer, cocking rod, and bolt, but that's far cheaper than a new Hornet...
Inception frames are universal, the only difference between the Resi frames and cocker frames are the trigger plates inside the frames. So I imagine the frame would fit but check with Simon by emailing him on Inception.com or on the Inception forums.

You'll also need a full length pump arm. Inception sells all the parts you would need for the conversion but they are on the expensive side. The only proprietary part you need from Inception is their .700 diameter bolt. AKA was the only other company to make .700 bolts, but they never made one in 2k length (only p-block and pre-2k).
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Well, not quite. The Resurrection uses the same boss mounting system that I BELIEVE the Hornet uses. Standard Cocker frames won't work. Screw spacing is different, too. I ASSUME that the Hornet uses Resi compatible frames, but you're probably right in that it would be best to contact Simon.

Didn't know that about the bolt...

Edit: Oh wait, the Inception frames are designed to work with Ressies AS WELL AS standard cockers? Clever.

Last edited by Magoo; 07-05-2017 at 10:22 PM.
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News