mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-08-2017, 11:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskoolp8ntr View Post
While I'm happy that another company is getting back in the game, I just wish we'd see someone do something close to a base model gun that folks can build to their liking. That honestly is what made it so fun (and often times challenging lol) back in the 90's, buying a blank canvas if you will and acquiring bits and pieces and building it into your own masterpiece. While I know the industry has changed consderably since then, if more companies like ST, and Inception and Niche, put their feet back in the fire, maybe we could kind of get back to that place again? Having said that, I'm definitely ready for new addition to the SFL family, my '09 has been lonely!
There is the ability to buy every part at paintball gateway. bodies are starting at 25 bucks to 350 bucks. true blank canvas:
WGP Autococker Body Kits
richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Rec Poster

That's very good news. I can't wait to see what new stuff they come up with!

If someone would step up and make the consistently sized quality paint I remember buying in the 90's... then this could be the old school resurgence I've been dreaming about.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
MagMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by richter View Post
There is the ability to buy every part at paintball gateway. bodies are starting at 25 bucks to 350 bucks. true blank canvas:
WGP Autococker Body Kits
I was going to say - prostocks are pretty effin decent to be honest. slap a freak on a stock prostock and you are ready to go and hang with anyone not spraying 15bps!

The money in cockers/mags is in the new limited runs. For instance I saw a few people asking 150+ for niche frames recently. I don't want to talk the economics of things, but spray painting the market with 100,000 choices/options isn't intelligent. Ask smartparts...
AO Feedback +22/-0:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ion-s-feedback
PbNation Feedback +20/-0:
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=469247
thecroatiansensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #24 (permalink)

doooooopeee
Heedonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascent View Post
Rumor is...

jeff orr is helping design new markers
Whether true or not, by my very fuzzy memory about all that went down, he is still paying royalties to whatever corporate paintball conglomeration now owns those patents.....wouldn't he?
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Never owned a Shocktech product and I am firmly an Automag guy yet I am still excited to hear this news!

Any comeback like this should make old-school fans rejoice. Not to mention the fact it is great to hear of another company turning out American made products getting back into the game.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
MagMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
Never owned a Shocktech product and I am firmly an Automag guy yet I am still excited to hear this news!

Any comeback like this should make old-school fans rejoice. Not to mention the fact it is great to hear of another company turning out American made products getting back into the game.
Shocktech made some sweet azz aluminum mag valve backs back in the day. They were way lighter than a stock valve back, they had the "8-hole mod", and you could get them in black (I love gloss black)! I have one on my pumpmag.

I think it would be a pretty cool thing if they decided to do some of those with the return in different color options!!! Although I'm not sure about all of that legal crap...
AO Feedback +22/-0:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ion-s-feedback
PbNation Feedback +20/-0:
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=469247
thecroatiansensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:33 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
I think he means that a lot of companies are (presumably) happily paying a royalty so they can make new cockers....?
No royalties needed, autococker type paintball guns were never patented. I believe only the trademark name "autococker" and the trade dress were at one point trademarked (probably still are).

K2 sporting goods bought Worr Games thinking that the design was patented (or protected). They sent C&D's to a bunch of people and when one finally reached Glen Palmers desk he told them to basically GFY. Glenn Palmer came up with the autococker design a year before Budd Orr did. That's pretty much accepted in the industry, otherwise it would of been proven or disproven long ago in the more litigious days of paintball.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:58 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm excited to say the least. And I have to give you guys here props for not delving into the idiocy that the thread on FB delved into.

I'm super excited to get another run of SFLs, and am saving my pennies now... I have wanted an SFL for a long time...
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
I'm excited to say the least. And I have to give you guys here props for not delving into the idiocy that the thread on FB delved into.

I'm super excited to get another run of SFLs, and am saving my pennies now... I have wanted an SFL for a long time...
There seems to be a whole lot of hate towards shocktech, based on how they were, towards the end.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News