mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
If you're looking for some constructive feedback, I'd suggest advertising on social media a bit more than I've seen lately. I saw ads promoting events like Endless Legends months in advance. I hear about events like Super Game being promoted on various podcasts as well. Likewise, I'll see events posted on sites like one this trying to drum up interest. Advertising doesn't have to be expensive. If people are interested in an event, they'll promote it free of charge by sharing it on Facebook or by posting about it on other forms of social media. Unfortunately, given the niche status that paintball has going for it these days, the days of "if you build it, they will come" are pretty much over. For an event to be successful, you need to get people excited about it since there are so many fields competing for a limited number of players' already limited time and money. This is further exacerbated when the event caters to a small niche of an already niche group. That's not to say that events like this should be avoided. I attended The Fall of Blackbeard this past summer and I'd say that event was pretty successful. We talked about that one for months beforehand. Some of us were so excited about it that people even built custom markers specifically for the event. That's the kind of enthusiasm we need to capture for these types of games. The weekends I drive up to EMR are the ones I really look forward to and they're the ones we talk about for years afterwards. I really want these types of events to work because without them, I'll be missing out on the epic weekends I've come to love.
My Feedback Thread
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:05 AM   #32 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Why am I only now hearing about this event? I would have had this game on my radar a long time ago had they promoted the damn thing.
QFFT! Wow quite sad actually.

Also @emrtimmy. Posting/promoting weekly/daily/often&regularly to social media via facebook, instagram, ect would be great and most likely provide positive results. Maybe you should look into hiring a social media rep/coordinator. Just a thought from someone who's done marketing and sales in the extreme sports industry here in PA.

/ Feedback / Art / Portfolio / Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! /

Last edited by Stuffy; 10-13-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
So EMR has closed for business? Sad.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
So EMR has closed for business? Sad.
Nope. They just cancelled the event.
My Feedback Thread
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #35 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuffy View Post
Also @emrtimmy. Posting/promoting weekly/daily/often&regularly to social media via facebook, instagram, ect would be great and most likely provide positive results. Maybe you should look into hiring a social media rep/coordinator. Just a thought from someone who's done marketing and sales in the extreme sports industry here in PA.
With things like Upwork, not even sure you need to hire someone versus just paying for their services on an as-needed basis. Could contract someone to create a professional looking flyer promoting the event for roughly the profit from selling 2 cases of paint and then it is easy to share on social media sites since the hard work is done. Sounds like, from the feedback here, the 2 cases of paint investment would have been paid back quite a few times over.
Angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
If you're looking for some constructive feedback, I'd suggest advertising on social media a bit more than I've seen lately. I saw ads promoting events like Endless Legends months in advance. I hear about events like Super Game being promoted on various podcasts as well. Likewise, I'll see events posted on sites like one this trying to drum up interest. Advertising doesn't have to be expensive. If people are interested in an event, they'll promote it free of charge by sharing it on Facebook or by posting about it on other forms of social media. Unfortunately, given the niche status that paintball has going for it these days, the days of "if you build it, they will come" are pretty much over. For an event to be successful, you need to get people excited about it since there are so many fields competing for a limited number of players' already limited time and money. This is further exacerbated when the event caters to a small niche of an already niche group. That's not to say that events like this should be avoided. I attended The Fall of Blackbeard this past summer and I'd say that event was pretty successful. We talked about that one for months beforehand. Some of us were so excited about it that people even built custom markers specifically for the event. That's the kind of enthusiasm we need to capture for these types of games. The weekends I drive up to EMR are the ones I really look forward to and they're the ones we talk about for years afterwards. I really want these types of events to work because without them, I'll be missing out on the epic weekends I've come to love.
That nail, you hit it. I currently live in location with a pretty good field less than 10 minutes from me, and three or four others within an hour drive.

I routinely drive to a field three hours away. The owners and producers put everything into their events and it shows. I was General for a game recently that financially probably would have been in their best interest to cancel due to Hurricane Irma and nobody would have thought less of them for it. The event ran anyways because of all of the work put in by everyone prepping for the game and recruiting.

Numbers were down partly because of people impacted by the storm, and also because of people that decided to go to different events at the last minute, but they ran the game anyways and it was an awesome weekend.

Quote:
Nope. They just cancelled the event.
I believe that was sarcasm.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News