mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

I too think its WGP's last attempt. I would not be a bit surprised if K2 stopping making guns with pnuematics, closed the WGP plant, and used the WGP name on some spyder clone. In fact Id be happy if they did, that way Palmers would get the full market of what is theres to begin with.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I find it ironic that they threatened some other companies for copying their "trademarked" backblock look and they are now departing from it themselves. Not to mention stealing ideas from other makers in the process. Lets face it, there is nothing new here. It looks like every other mass produced POS out there.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to commando kyle Send a message via Yahoo to commando kyle

AM needs to wait for K2 to destroy WGP, then bring back the Illusion... *sigh* I can dream, cant I?

"Who Dares, Wins."
Old 10-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando kyle View Post
AM needs to wait for K2 to destroy WGP, then bring back the Illusion... *sigh* I can dream, cant I?
I wouldn't, they might have a case on you for dreaming.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Ray View Post
I too think its WGP's last attempt. I would not be a bit surprised if K2 stopping making guns with pnuematics, closed the WGP plant, and used the WGP name on some spyder clone. In fact Id be happy if they did, that way Palmers would get the full market of what is theres to begin with.
Part of that has already happened.Sport Authority and the like now stock a gun with the WGP logo that is a Spyder clone,called the Worr Machine.It's the same gun as the new Aegis series guns from BE and VL http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4711/

PoG Member # 1018
LPPC Member #71
NO'MAAM #5
My Gallery
My Feedback

I'm looking to buy these style JT Gloves
Old 10-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to BE_Rogue

Where as I'm not really impressed and I agree this looks like a last ditch effort (which seems to be becoming a consensus and/or fact). I'll probably end up with one of these eventually, at a lower cost period.

-If they wanted into the higher ranks (of electro) they would've made them with a post game read out. One that looks something like a post match (xbox)halo 2 screen.
along with easily changable body's, an agg goggle strap for your mask that matches the color of the marker, make the board and other gun parts interchangable with other markers (not WGP persay), Oh and the marker transforms into a robot that dances. then release it late oct. early nov. as the perfect christmas gift.

-or to play on the closed bolt accuracy they could start making bullet or football shaped paintballs a custom feed system for that ammo and sell it with the marker.
while that could turn out to be a gimmick. I'm sure it would work to drum some more interest to some extent.
N.O.'M.A.A.M. #3
My Hungry Feedback Thread.

Last edited by BE_Rogue; 10-25-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hmm, according to PBReview, it says it's the first blowback by WGP. Didn't they have a blowback ranger in the late 90's that turned out to be a flop?

Either way, the new worrlord looks decent, but I can't find a gun manufactured today that I'd invest in. They're all made cheaply and look like crap (IMHO). Give me a pre-2K cocker anyday over anything in current production by WGP.

Anonym
Old 10-25-2006, 03:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
^^^ Good call Anonym...

They (Paintball guns) either look like something out of a Buck Rogers episode, all futuristic and silly like, or they are mil-sim.

Where did all the paintball guns that LOOKED like paintball guns go? Aside from Earon Carter's guns still found at cartermachine.com
Old 10-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonym View Post
Hmm, according to PBReview, it says it's the first blowback by WGP. Didn't they have a blowback ranger in the late 90's that turned out to be a flop?
Yes as a matter of fact the did,they had the Ranger and E-Ranger both just standard Spyder Clones.

PoG Member # 1018
LPPC Member #71
NO'MAAM #5
My Gallery
My Feedback

I'm looking to buy these style JT Gloves
Old 10-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
I find it ironic that they threatened some other companies for copying their "trademarked" backblock look and they are now departing from it themselves. Not to mention stealing ideas from other makers in the process. Lets face it, there is nothing new here
just a few random thoughts and comparisons

no back block- new idea from WGP in 05 or 06 vs. standard for PMI 1985

no cocking rod/no beaver tail needed- new for wgp in 03? 04? vs. standard for everybody else except AM

internal/hidden pump rod- new to wgp in 06 vs. powerlyte internal ram 01? I know KPcustoms had internal rods on one of the guns they brought to spe in 05.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News