mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
Pretty quick on the defense there girl !!!

*nudges the container labled Hydrofloric Acid under her bed with her foot*
Umm... me... Yeah.. I was at work! Check my alibi! I have my timeslip right here!

Just stay out of my backyard. Nosey bastages...

Yeahhh I'm morbid...

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

If they never ID it, do you think the guys who found it could keep it?

I've always wanted a human skull.

My dad keeps saying he think he'd like to will his to me, but I don't think it would be possible, besides, I'm not sure how well I'd handle that. I mean if it was a skull from like two hundred years ago, and you found it, it would be a cool conversation piece.

Being somebody you know, or could have met, would probably be different.

So, am I creeping anyone out yet?

Sorry, don't worry, I am not willing to kill anyone over it.

I had a bunch of skulls of different animals as a teen, none of which I killed, just stuff I found.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
She was delicious.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

You did?
That's really cool! There's a nifty live journal community called Fur Hide and Bone which is all about collecting and using critter bits for crafts. Not quite taxidermy but encompaces some.

You CAN get human skulls through legitimate scientific provider things. I used to hang out in the bonelab (anthropology area) at UMaine with a friend of mine. They got a box of human skulls in which were donated by people who were wards of the state or who donated their bodies to science.
I know you really have to check state to state to see what the laws reguarding having human remains (even preserved) in your possession are tho.

Right now I have some coyote and wolf skulls, might get a fox, bunch of pelts around too. Not to mention shark jaws, teeth, barricuda skull/jaws, a wolf baculum and a coyote baculum too.

NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Old 11-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had a Mexican (read scrawny) steer skull, with horns and all my dad found in the Desert near Casa's Grande's in Mexico. Also, various racoon skulls. One rabbit, I found a pregrin Falcon once, and was trying to preserve his claws and stuff. A great horned owl. Got the skull from that one too. I found a wild boar skull, deer skull.

One of my raccon skulls had been in a fire, and the bone was charred black, and the teeth gleamed white, that one was one of my favorites.

I used to drive an old '74 PLymoth Valiant that I had painted primer black, and I had the skulls on the dash board, with a really big dog skull I had found that was missing it's lower jaw in the middle of my display.

My mom hated that car, and police used to give me quite the hassles over it.

Ha, I never could figure out why cops bugged me so much..

Anyways, I will have to set up a display someday, right now they are all boxed up.

Don't know if Rachel is too keen on that idea though, She isn't grossed out easily, but the whole thing about people thinking you are like Jeffrey Dalmer because you think skulls are neat is hard to overcome.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Any photos of the skull-mobile ? That sounds awesome looking.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Wow... That is SERIOUSLY cool. =)

Be VERY careful of which bird feathers/talons/whatever you may come across. The US Migratory Bird act covers just about everything in particular any sort of birds of prey and there are pretty stiff fines for possessing certian bird parts without proper liscencing. (Best thing to do is ask a local taxidermist or look up your state's laws via the Fish & Game office)

As for mammle skulls and all, that's on the up and up. I keep my papers handy for any and all wolf bits I have around. Just incase I move or travle. Granted, as a privet collector who is NOT selling anything I'm pretty safe outside of Michigan.

Lots of people collect bones and skulls. It's more of a scientific thing than a Dalmer thing. Really. (well comeing from me I am sure that doesn't realy settle anyone down...)

Old 11-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'll have to look around, I don't know if I even had a camera back then.

we was so po' we couldn't even afford the other "o" and the "r".

I got the car froma guy who owed me money when I was 15, I had to put a transmission in it so I could drive it, and I drove it without my license to work full time to help my parents with bills.

I did it up when I was about 17-18 years old. It was quite a while back, (I am feeling old now) and I doubt I even took any pics of it.

I do still have the car, maybe I can clean it off, and take a pic of it, in the pole shed.

I plan on getting it going again someday, I have a 318 and tranny waiting for me to have time to put it in her.

*sigh* maybe when Ezra gets older it can be one of those grandpa/father/son projects..
Old 11-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Be VERY careful of which bird feathers/talons/whatever you may come across. The US Migratory Bird act covers just about everything in particular any sort of birds of prey and there are pretty stiff fines for possessing certian bird parts without proper liscencing. (Best thing to do is ask a local taxidermist or look up your state's laws via the Fish & Game office)
Yeah, those two are kinda spooky for me, but I feel no guilt, I simply was walking along and found 'em dead. Why let them go to waste?

I guess I always hope the gubment has bigger fish to fry than little ol' me.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Quote:
If they never ID it, do you think the guys who found it could keep it?

Ive been wondering the same thing. Oh and BTW this happened in Colorado not New mexico
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News