mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   Custom Phantom Barrels From Palmer (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/6299-custom-phantom-barrels-palmer.html)

Painthappy 11-10-2006 09:46 AM

Custom Phantom Barrels From Palmer

Stealing the quote from the Palmer forums:

"Just as the title says.. Custom Phantom Barrels now ready to order.. You can get them in just about any length with bores of .690 and .685. The availible finish is; nickel, black powder coat, or plain brass. A fine product from one of the last full service custom shops in the nation."

Glad to see this... Again I don't own a Phantom, but I know many folks do.

Originally noted by Brewtt:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6239

CB

shartley 11-10-2006 10:00 AM

Yeah, I saw that there the other day as well. And I too am glad Palmers' is expanding their barrel line. :)

Lrrpie-CT 11-10-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painthappy (Post 54438)
...Again I don't own a Phantom...

Am I the only one a bit surprised by this statement? ;)

shartley 11-10-2006 10:22 AM

Heck, he actually didnít say he didnít own ANY Phantoms, he said he didnít own A Phantom. Maybe he owns several of themÖ.. ;) ;)

:eek:

splattttttt 11-10-2006 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Painthappy "Just as the title says.. Custom Phantom Barrels now ready to order.. You can get them in just about any length with bores of .690 and .685. The availible finish is; nickel, black powder coat, or plain brass. A fine product from one of the last full service custom shops in the nation."END.

Is this true???
They had them around before I ever conceded the idea that brass barrels reign supreme over the rest available ATM, then they seemed to disappear.
I've been nagging them a bit now for the past year (sure others have too), only the barrels aren't listed on their site.

oldschool 11-10-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT (Post 54441)
Am I the only one a bit surprised by this statement? ;)

NO! I was quite surprised that there is a gun that Carter doesn't own.

pssst, hey Carter - want to buy a phantom????
:LMAO:

splattttttt 11-10-2006 11:05 AM

He's not the privaledged person that everyone makes him out to be.
Would you believe he's never even shot a Micromag before. He even refuses to. That I don't understand.

Wycke 11-10-2006 11:05 AM

I know PPS used to make 'em. In a review I read ages ago...probably 9 or 10 years ago...the reviewer had one. Ironically, IIRC, he said that the stock CCI barrel was just as accurate and about 1/2 the weight of the PPS barrel. Also, I know Shag has one on his Phantom. Now they just need to make them for the Vector :D

It'd also be nice if they made ICD-threaded barrels, though I understand those are nearly as tricky as Vector tubes because of the quad-threading. Thankfully, the BKO I just picked up is 'Cocker-threaded, so I've already got some PPS goodness for it.

Painthappy 11-10-2006 11:18 AM

I used to own a phantom. I sold it. Not the gun for me. Everyone has their preferences.

As for the Micromag... Yes, that is true. I have never shot an automag in my life. Nothing for AGD.... Ever.

I've been playing for all these years, and well, I have nothing against AGD and their guns, but I think I'm just going to keep the streak going for the heck of it.

splattttttt 11-10-2006 11:29 AM

I actually think the extra weight would be a bonus. Then there's a chice of a .685 ID as well. That should handle just about most paint sizes.
The other avantage I think will come from being able to buff out the interior a bit better, after the scratches accumulate.
Also, don't forget that some research obtained from Glen, and Tom Kaye... Have deemed brass barrels far superior than alluminum in how gelatin based paint glides with less friction.
My only concern is that it may not clean it self as well as the stock CCI brand. I've always felt that the CCI worked well in that respect.