mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-10-2006, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

Working just a few minutes from Longmont, I have half a mind to go idiot hunting... I hate this kind of stupid crap.

BLC is the team, Misfire is the name...
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
It comes down to restricting the age of buyers and limiting access to the guns themselves.

This sort of thing would not be nearly as common in my opinion if paintball guns were pulled from the shelves of Wal-Marts, where they seem to be bought more on a whim than anything else. How many of these crimes are committed with a Talon or some cheap semi I wonder? Keep the guns in the pro-shop where they belong, where only those dedicated to PLAYING paintball are gonna be. If you want to play paintball, you are instantly urged to do everything in your power to keep it legal!

The "age restriction" at my local pro-shops (3 in my area) are completely thrown out the window! I'm not saying that when you turn 18, suddenly you reach some great level of maturity, but the odds are still better. Too many pro-shops will sell a gun to anybody regardless of age, maturity or experience just to make the sale, and this is NOT right!

End of rant (for now)
Old 11-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

Couldn't have happened in a worse place either. Denver is mid-America's Liberal Capital. I could see them whipping up some anti-paintball laws to 'prevent' a repeat of this event.

Agree with AGDretro. Knew this sort of thing would come the moment paintball became mass market. We just have to take the good with the bad though. The sport grew and became mainstream. That we will have idiots misusing their gear is part of that. I bet there isn't a single streetsign in my town now that doesn't have the tell tale shadow of a paintball hit on it now. But then again, I can walk into McDonalds and see guys wearing paintball t-shirts or with bumperstickers on their cars and I can talk about paintball to people without first having to explain what it is.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Couldn't have happened in a worse place either. Denver is mid-America's Liberal Capital. I could see them whipping up some anti-paintball laws to 'prevent' a repeat of this event.
Actually Scarecrow, you're a little off there. The Republic of Boulder is the Liberal Capital. Denver is just a confused city that can't make up it's mind if it's Liberal or Conservative. Once you get away from the cities in Colorado (with the exception of Colorado Springs), you'll find that the rest of the state is fairly Conservative.

BLC is the team, Misfire is the name...
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

It's a bad situation, however, the baseball bat argument doesn't work around here. When the cops ask if you have any weapons they list baseball bats and overlook paintball guns.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye...

I have caught myself preaching to several "non-pantball" players on the donts and responsibilties of a Paintball gun. This is a shame!

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
I don't think we can do much here without help. I think what we need to do, other than preach to everyone what a great and safe game/sport paintball is to the masses is put as much pressure as we can on corporate paintball to do the same. After all it's in there best interests too.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The real bad deal is they didn't catch em and it said they were chuckling as they drove off. Therefore they might do it again. That sucks that the victim has no health insurance.... Going around (potentially) blinding people is just ****ed up. If someone permanantly disables another they should get severe penaltys for it. As for the actual paintball/injury arguement....whenever asked about this i just tell people to go look up the stats. If you read up on it, paintball is towards the bottom of the list for highest injury counts from a sport. There are always more in football, hockey, waterskiing, rugby, and other sports.
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Resident Marker Monger

Send a message via Yahoo to hmudd13

I'm in Co. and apparently, these winners shot at a guy in the Twin Peaks mall parking lot about 25 mins. earlier. Hopefully the mall cameras picked them up.

WTB..... SMG clip catcher, SMG internal air line.
WTB .... Oct/88 APG.Got it, Thanks Dan

NO'MAAM #29
My Markers
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback
Ebay Feedback 100%

Quoting WOLLFFY on AO;
I don't recall mentioning trades, especially not for smart Farts. Thanks though.
hmudd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I just love people who attempt to bash liberals in general because they seem to blame liberals just to blame someone instead of the ones responsible and come up with silly theories not based on facts...

Not really sure of banning them from wally-worlds would work nor would limiting sales to 18 and above (or using any arbitrary maturity level) . Twits were using paintball guns for illegal uses way before paintball became mainstream and way before wally-world infected this nation with their stores and began selling talons and other pb crap to the ignorant masses.

I don't care how much we all talk positively to the still un-washed masses and corporate hacks about our sport of paintball. There will always be that one twit in a million that will abuse it and not care until they are strung up on a tree.

on a side note, why does Firefox keep insisting it's "paint ball" and not "Paintball"?
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News