mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Blame These Guys: Women may lose sight after paintball shooting

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...s=den&psp=news

Quote:
Police said a woman and her friend were shot with paintballs while walking home Tuesday night and the woman may lose sight in the eye where she was hit. The second woman was not seriously injured.The incident happened about 8:25 p.m. in Longmont and police said the attack may be connected to a similar incident that occurred 25 minutes earlier at Twin Peaks Mall, where a male was shot with a paintball.The victim reported the suspect vehicle was an early 1980s to 1990s dark blue or black Chevrolet Blazer. The sport utility vehicle was occupied by two young males.

Police have asked for information that leads to arrest and filing of criminal charges in either case. Boulder County Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information.Crime Stoppers can be reached by calling 800-222-8477 or by going to www.crimeshurt.com.
This isn't good folks. I know I'm preaching to the choir on this site... So I'll save it for some other places.

We need to be the ambassadors of our sport. Many things we tend to gloss over and just grumble about... sponsors turning a blind eye to cheating, ramping boards, bad attitudes, and etc...

Time to start taking a stand folks. Keep promoting the good of the sport, and teach kids the right attitude to have. And frankly... Kick the *** of punks like this that rightfully deserve to be thrown in jail.
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Quote:
Kick the *** of punks like this that rightfully deserve to be thrown in jail.
Sounds good to me. We as paintballers need to step up and boycott any/all bad behaviour. Now this is a little wild, but I wonder how much it would take to buy PBN, and then let MCB member invade, spread the good and rip anyone who doesnt change a new one. GRRRR..
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

This literally makes me feel sick.

I hate people sooo much

aqua_scummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The problem is usually the guys doing this aren't paintball players. That's what the public needs to understand.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMan View Post
The problem is usually the guys doing this aren't paintball players. That's what the public needs to understand.
I was just thinking the exact same thing, just dirtbags who would have used any item at hand for a similar "prank".

...and clearly to gutless to get within arm's reach of their victims.

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Those are the kind of people that need a public *** kicking. I have ALMOST never met an actual player that would do that kind of crap. The one that said it would be funny to drive around doing that I ripped a new ******* and made him feel like the *** he was.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMan View Post
i agree, the game itself has alot of internal problems, but you can pick up and paintball or BB gun just about anywhere. how many baseball bats are used in crimes each year? do we need to go talk to all the baseball players about being good examples?
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

That's just sick.
You know, if beatings with hockey sticks, or baseball bats were half as publicised as paintball related crime....

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Hopefully they'll catch these guys and they will get sentenced by a creative judge who will make them stand shirtless in front of a firing squad of paintballers with ramping electros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
That's just sick.
You know, if beatings with hockey sticks, or baseball bats were half as publicised as paintball related crime....
*Gasp* You're not inferring that the media is biased are you? /end sarcasm

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by respiegel View Post
i agree, the game itself has alot of internal problems, but you can pick up and paintball or BB gun just about anywhere. how many baseball bats are used in crimes each year? do we need to go talk to all the baseball players about being good examples?
I think paintball guns get a bad rap because people associate them with real guns. They look like real guns and they give the user the ability to reach out and anonymously touch someone from a distance, which it harder to do with a baseball bat. Also, they are continuously being used like real guns in these drive by shootings, it's only going to be a matter of time until they are treated as real guns by the law.

Say laws were actually passed to control the sale and possession of them as is done with firearms. Would that really be a bad thing? I love paintball and want it to be accessible to everyone... but only for use on a paintball field. Nowdays they are so easy to get and use that almost no responsibility is associated with them and kids are starting to act accordingly.
cyn1c is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News