mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yup, world of difference between say Mitt Romney and say Rick Perry.

There's a term some of you hear applied to certain Republicans(often scornfully by us more conservative types): RINO's - Republicans In Name Only.

A Northeast moderate republican often has similar views to "left leaning democrat" in say Wyoming or Montana.

HTRN
Old 11-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Didn't we already learn from banning books that banning things only makes them more desirable (basically what Drum said). Also this goes beyond the bb gun issue to what Shartley said about stupid people, we're trying to control stupid behavior by arbitrarily controlling property instead of concentrating on the problem--stupid people. It's "feel good" legislation at its finest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31c View Post
That link was nothing more then a partisan website (something similar to what you anti-aclu folks mention).
Just to be clear, the NRA is not partisan. Extremely biased on the issue, yes, but not partisan as they support both Republicans and Democrats that are pro gun.

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the MA state motto again?

Boy you sure couldn't tell by thier legislation..

Land of the FREE home of the BRAVE..

People who are too cowardly to face evil, always demand more fascism from thier government.

Look at our Airports!

Dudes with box cutters did something awful, now, instead of handing out switchblades at the airport, they make sure they try to hassle everyone about nail clippers.

The terrorists win when we cower so.

For me, I'd rather be given a fighting chance, than to be unarmed and stuck when the inevitable occurs, someone WILL sneak a weapon through..

But, the masses are cowardly, either that, or our government thinks we are.

Now, we have gotten fewer freedoms, and no more safe than we were before.

This is arant against both sides.

The patriot act is full of freedoms being breached, and both sides of the isle want to disarm me so I have no chance of defending my home.

All because they don't want to see the difference between an enemy of the US and a Patriot.

That's because both dislike the politicians.

I don't know what it's going to take, but I keep feeling like the frog in the slowly warming up pot of water. When is it gonna go too far?

Or are they going to just keep slowly turning up the heat, and will we constantly keep giving in.

There is an old saying about the Nazi's comming for the jews, and since they weren't jewish they did nothing, then they went for others, and so forth, so that bu the time they went for me, there was no one to help me either.

Is this the future?

I weep for our nation.

I weep for the earth, as there is sure to be a califate running things if we go down. Get ready to put Burka's on your wife and daughters.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

I sure am glad that I live in Montana... The minute they come for my guns, I will be digging in with the Freemen, my SKS and 1000 rounds of 7.62x39. In the words of Charlton Heston "...Out of my cold dead hands".

You can take my paintball guns and BB guns without seeing a definite retaliatory action. Come for my firearms and my basic "inalienable" rights, and you will have a problem on your hands. A cornered jackal is not fun to fight. Fight I will, and many other will be at my side.

Yes, thats kinda drastic to a BB gun "proposed ban". But all politicians are lying snakes and are only in it for power and money, they will exploit their constituents to their own benefit. I don't see our government lasting too much longer the way it is. The party system is flawed at best. There are WAY too many agencies for our own good. Have you seen the debt lately? Last I checked, it was something the the $9 trillion range. $9 trillion. Thats a lot of money.
What we need is for the government to strip it back down to its basics, focus on individual rights once again... arm the populace, and get REAL PEOPLE in the government.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

As far as Im concerned, Anyone who is anti-gun (not to be confused with those who simply dont want to own a gun, Im talking about those who wish to ban them) needs be hit up the side of the head with a shovel. All personal and national defense aside, its just a case of power/control freaks who feel "I dont need/want one, so no one else should either" A while back there was a proposed ban on knives in England, IIRC (it could have been canada Im not shure), funny because before there ban on guns, know one even thought about knives. (I'll see if I cant find a link) Oh and the NRA is by no means partisan, In fact they put out lists of both Democrats and republicans who are pro-gun, and lists of those who are Antigun. It just so happens that at this point in history if you are a politicain and a Democrat, your are more likely to be anti-gun.

As far as im concerned there needs to be a glass display case on the back wall of congress with the words "Break glass in even of emergency" and the second amemdment etched into it, with a nice shiny, loaded, brass winchester in it. Lets not forget our history (or anyones history for that matter) the side thats better armed normally wins. Little big horn for example. Heck WWII. The Nazis rolled over eroupe until we shoved them back, heck same thing happened in WWI. A law obiding citizen having a gun is in no way a danger to any other law obiding citizen.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Quote:
I sure am glad that I live in Montana... The minute they come for my guns, I will be digging in with the Freemen, my SKS and 1000 rounds of 7.62x39. In the words of Charlton Heston "...Out of my cold dead hands".

You can take my paintball guns and BB guns without seeing a definite retaliatory action. Come for my firearms and my basic "inalienable" rights, and you will have a problem on your hands. A cornered jackal is not fun to fight. Fight I will, and many other will be at my side.

Yes, thats kinda drastic to a BB gun "proposed ban". But all politicians are lying snakes and are only in it for power and money, they will exploit their constituents to their own benefit. I don't see our government lasting too much longer the way it is. The party system is flawed at best. There are WAY too many agencies for our own good. Have you seen the debt lately? Last I checked, it was something the the $9 trillion range. $9 trillion. Thats a lot of money.
What we need is for the government to strip it back down to its basics, focus on individual rights once again... arm the populace, and get REAL PEOPLE in the government.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

has anyone even bothered to even CHECK to even see if this legislation has even left the committee? Y'all are getting into an uproar for no reason and attempting to tie it to paintball is just as shallow as those blaming "liberals" who have nothing to do with the state legislature.

Here are the facts -->

01/26/05 H Referred to the committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security
01/26/05 S Senate concurred
Public Hearing date May 11 am at 10:00 in Room B-2
11/03/05 H Bill reported favorably by committee and referred to the committee on House Steering, Policy and Scheduling -HJ 863
12/08/05 H Discharged from committee and recommitted to the committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security -HJ 1016
12/13/05 S Senate concurred -SJ 1348

Basically, it went from one State Committee into a meeting to decide it is to go into another State Committee and in short, it's STILL IN COMMITTEE with no end in sight... From LAST year... And with the election of a new state legislature coming in soon... Guess what??? IT DIES in committee.

So no, I aint gonna worry about them or anyone else for the matter taking away bb guns, paintball guns or even real guns because this one is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Some of you folks need to stop crying wolf so much because some of us will soon get tired of the false alarms and totally ignore the phony alarms and cries of "2nd Amendment"...

Secondly, I don't care if you call yourself a rino, a republican by any other name is STILL a repub.

Third, there is NOTHING in this that states this will affect paintball. Only assumptions...
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31c View Post

Third: Azzy? Do you have proof this is their intention of taking away paintball guns or is that "the sky is falling" scenario based on fear, not on facts?
Im going on the language that has been passed in many local ordinaces of banning Airguns, which include paintball guns.

Some have made a written execption to this rule, some havent. Its always something to look out for, expecially if you do lawful pickup games, or renegade / outlaw ball.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

I wasn't "crying wolf". This legislation wont affect me. I'm in the middle of nowhere, where there is about 300 (not real stats) guns to every law enforcement agent. I don't see our (read: Montana's) guns be confiscated any time soon.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
is in the left gate...

Send a message via AIM to jwigum

"An armed society is a polite society."
Hamilton Felix in "Beyond This Horizon",
by Robert Anson Heinlein
jwigum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News