mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-15-2006, 01:37 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Nelson View Post

I don't know what it's going to take, but I keep feeling like the frog in the slowly warming up pot of water. When is it gonna go too far?
The War's a commin'....
Old 11-15-2006, 06:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
More fear mongering fanboyism....

Quit whining and do something grassroots to support your cause. If you sit around grousing about how our leaders will lead us to doom or steal our lollipops, then you deserve what you get.

D.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:10 AM   #33 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31c View Post
So no, I aint gonna worry about them or anyone else for the matter taking away bb guns, paintball guns or even real guns because this one is not going anywhere anytime soon.
You obviously don't live in Massachusetts. Many real guns have already been (past tense) taken away from law abiding citizens here.

I don't think you really appreciate how badly gun owners are treated in this state, especially in areas like Cambridge. I've been working in the belly of the beast for the past 7 years, and I've never been treated as badly as I have been when it gets out that I'm one of those "N.R.A." types. Imagine being a gay Jewish pedophile in the deep south, and that's how much gun owners are hated up here.

Gun owners here have had to endure a lot of harassing legislation as well in the recent past. There was a time where you could only buy Smith & Wesson handguns because of some safety legislation where they claimed handguns weren't safe if they were dropped on the hammer etc. and they had to pass all these drop tests before being allowed to be sold again. It was basically to punish firearms manufacturers who did not cave in to a lawsuit like Smith & Wesson did. I could go on and on.

You can go ahead and not worry about it, but I've seen the canary in this coalmine and I'm hear to tell you, he's not looking too keen at the moment.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Quit whining and do something grassroots to support your cause. If you sit around grousing about how our leaders will lead us to doom or steal our lollipops, then you deserve what you get.
Yeah, so my name can be on a list somewhere so they'll come for me first.

Think it won't happen? Talk to people who lived through the cultural revolution in CHina, or people who were in Laos Cambodia, or Vietnam during PolPot's tenure.

I shouldn't have to "do" something. People should just know about the 2nd ammendment, and not read it crosseyed, who ever heard of a government having to give itself permission to be armed?
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:06 AM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

I am not worried about my name being put on any list. Heck, I will GIVE them my name. There is nothing illegal about campaigning for the legal privilege to own certain things. I say legal privilege because frankly, BB Guns, Paintball Marker, and other TOYS are not firearms and are not protected by the Constitution. I would also argue that neither are FIREARMS as they are being used now days (for sport, hunting, etc.).

I have always advocating amending the Constitution to include simple GUN OWNERSHIP, because as it is written now it does not cover GUN OWNERSHIP in the broad sense. Only if you slice and dice it does the Constitution say what people want it to say. And this is coming from a strong supporter of the right to own firearms for ANY purpose. But that right is not protected by the Constitution as it is written now. I WISH IT WAS.

Please though, don’t try to debate this with me. I have a very good grasp on reading comprehension. All anyone has to do is READ the Amendment to see it does not say what folks want it to say. Heck, the debate is as bad as “It depends on what your definition of IS is.” The right to bear arms has a list of things which constitutes that right and for what purposes. And hunting, target shooting, and even home and personal protection are not on that list. And there is not even a hint of covering those purposes. I WISH THERE WAS.

But I still would fight any bill that would try to remove firearms from law abiding citizens. Not because I am under the false impression that this right is covered by the Constitution, but because I believe it is a right that SHOULD be covered by it.

However, if you want to talk about misconceptions about the Constitution… show me even one place in the Constitution that says there must be a separation of Church and State. There is none.

How about them apples? You see, these issues (in my opinion) are only used by those who want to either make a buck over fighting about them, or get their 15 minutes of fame.

Sorry…. I just get sick of all the arguments and stupid stuff that surrounds most of these very simple issues that in all honesty don’t affect most of those who are doing the arguing. Sure, you can give examples of dooms day scenarios for anything, but that does not mean the issue impacts people the way the scenarios say it “may”.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I think you are reading into the constitution too much.. it says what it says, and means what it says. No cryptic meanings, no code... take into contect the words as they were used in the day, and that is how they were written.

I think we are getting into a realm here of yet another law where there is already one. You have an issue that needs to be taken care of at the soure, and a law is being written way down the line. The crimes commited with these things are just that, crimes. Those that are breaking these laws are already breaking laws, and should be punished all the same.

That does not mean punish those that use their (insert name of banned item here) lawfully and repectfully.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #37 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
good luck taking my guns away... barrel first with hot lead flying is the only way.

Good way to recruit people for the military... "WE HAVE GUNS AND YOU DONT. JOIN US AND FEEL SAFE". lol

Or maybe they will take away our guns in the military and we get to use koosh balls and harsh language?

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
I think you are reading into the constitution too much.. it says what it says, and means what it says. No cryptic meanings, no code... take into contect the words as they were used in the day, and that is how they were written.

I think we are getting into a realm here of yet another law where there is already one. You have an issue that needs to be taken care of at the soure, and a law is being written way down the line. The crimes commited with these things are just that, crimes. Those that are breaking these laws are already breaking laws, and should be punished all the same.

That does not mean punish those that use their (insert name of banned item here) lawfully and repectfully.
The point is I am NOT reading anything into the Constitution. I am simply reading it, in context, and what is actually written.

But I agree with the rest of what you wrote.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Think it won't happen? Talk to people who lived through the cultural revolution in CHina, or people who were in Laos Cambodia, or Vietnam during PolPot's tenure.
Last time I checked, and say what you want about the current lame duck pres (I am not a fan of gw, in case you didn't notice), but we are NOT a totalitarian/ dictator state with a power-mad man at the head of goverment! (or so I have been told)

Besides, if you didn't do anything "wrong" then what are you afraid of?

Quote:
"Power to the People!", John Lennon

Mr. Drum makes an excellent point. Too many people complain about "X" and whine about "Y" and does nothing about it. Our founding fathers would be SO proud that their legacy are being squandered by folks not willing to take up a cause they felt so strongly about.

That's why the nra took almost a year before this issue was brought to the attention of their members --> Must not be that important to them or their cause.

But they will most certainly try to score some last minute points with the people who give them $$$ for end of year fund raising to show they at least try to look busy. Never mind the fact that this particular bill has currently a low chance (I'd even say ZERO chance) of even being passed! But they will take your $$$ anyway.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #40 (permalink)

Best qoute I ever heard about guns was from Steve Earl at a concert before he played devils right hand, he said he wasnt anti gun,and if he thought gun control was worth doing he'd throw all of his in the river.He said people in America are just wrapped too tight, "we'd kill each other with bricks if we had no guns". he was saying this in Winnipeg about 15 years ago during the copperhead road tour. Basically I think he's right, guns are not the problem, people and the society they choose to form are. We're startin to get a wrapped a bit tight up here now too. More gang activity and all the joy that goes with it. Lotsa laws, no justice.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News