mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Paintball News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/)
-   -   Banning BB guns (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/paintball-news/6448-banning-bb-guns.html)

Pepper 11-14-2006 02:26 PM

Banning BB guns

http://www.nranews.com/nra.html

pep

Jaan 11-14-2006 02:30 PM

The Democrats have just taken over. Don't be surprised if in a few years if everything is banned down to nerf guns. Hillary doesn't have any more respect for the constitution than Bush does. They're all a bunch of lousy politicians.

Listessa 11-14-2006 02:36 PM

I wish we could clean sweep EVERYONE out of office. Seriously.

Don't get me going on politics. I am stewing at home over politics from my last job. No matter what, there's corruption from power.

I don't agree entirely with the Democrats (ESPECIALLY NOT ON THIS!) and Republicans, well, I really don't see eye to eye on more than most issues.

Azzy 11-14-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

11/13/2006

You might think that Massachusetts can't become any more anti-gun.

Well, think again. Now there's a proposal to ban BB guns in Massachusetts. Complete with a BB gun amnesty period. And a BB gun buyback program.

Millions of kids have grown up with BB and pellet guns. I don't know of any that were turned into criminals by their Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.

But that doesn't matter to the politicians in Massachusetts. They think BB guns are bad, and they want them outlawed.

In fact, these politicians not only plan to ban BB guns in Massachusetts, they're sending letters to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island to ask those states to do the same.

In the words of one of these anti-gun politicians, their goal is to make "New England an area free of pellet guns and BB guns."

'Scuse me, but isn't Massachusetts the same home state of some of the bravest patriots to fight in the Revolutionary War? Paul Revere must be rolling over in his grave right now.

In Massachusetts, they've gone from the cradle of liberty to a state that treats its residents like children.
And guess what people.. your paintball guns are next. Been saying for years, these people dont care what you call it, what color it is, if its a chicken finger pointed at someone or an HK MP5.. they want it banned.

They dont want the people having the power to revolt back at them, as the second amendment secures this for us.

c6quad 11-14-2006 02:53 PM

that's Ted Kennedy for you. sorry SOB.

that's BS. yep, your paintball guns will be next.

Drum 11-14-2006 03:03 PM

Fear mongers.

shartley 11-14-2006 03:14 PM

Yes, fear mongers. And I see most of this legislation as little more than “doing something”. It is much easier for politicians to draft new legislation to show they are doing something than it is to push to have current laws on the books enforced.

However, things like this have happened all along. There is nothing new about it. The thing is to take the “threat” of these types of laws seriously, but not go overboard in the defense of your pastime. These things can be, and most of the time are, shot down (no pun intended) before they are made law.

Azzy 11-14-2006 03:20 PM

Fear mongering about what? Letting one small thing go? It only goes up from there. This has happened on a city/county level, and is just waiting to hit the state level. Where does it go form there.. a federal ban?

What it is in my mind is a way to get yet more gunlike things out of the hands of kids, so they are more disconnected form firearms as they grow up.

shartley 11-14-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 55787)
Fear mongering about what? Letting one small thing go? It only goes up from there. This has happened on a city/county level, and is just waiting to hit the state level. Where does it go form there.. a federal ban?

What it is in my mind is a way to get yet more gunlike things out of the hands of kids, so they are more disconnected form firearms as they grow up.

I know for me, it is mostly about politicians playing on fear and then trying to exploit it. But I do have to admit that many players go overboard in their response to things like this.

The issue is serious, but not the end of the world or without a pretty easy solution/remedy. I have no issues with things like this being done on a local level, but state and federal are just too much. But it has been proven that you can indeed keep these bans on local levels and have them not go past that. And honestly I have never seen a local ban of these items that was not really justified. And those justifications just don’t seem to apply to rural areas. It has to do with getting large amounts of people together in a small area… people become stupid.

And it seems that paintball players can be that way as well. I can’t count the number of times folks got all worked up online over some proposed ban, only to have nothing happen because those who are actually in that areas affected followed the rules and procedures to stop the legislation from going through.

As for your final statement, I agree. And I think it is because they feel taking things away from people is easier than holding them accountable for what they do. The problem with this is that you don’t really solve the problem. You just make twice as many laws that don’t get enforced and your problems still remain.

It is funny though that when I was growing up almost everyone I knew had at least one gun in their home. Yet the crimes committed by guns was not as high, nor did we see the things we do now concerning firearms. The problem is not one concerning GUNS, but about our society. At least that is what I think…….

c6quad 11-14-2006 03:42 PM

your on the money Sam.

guns aren't the problem. it's the people that use them in reckless manners that's the problem.