mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-16-2006, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Shocking crime in Britain!

Quote:
Bullet found in doorway
By David Williams

LIVE ammunition has been found lying in the doorway of a busy high street shop.

The .22 calibre short round bullet was found at the entrance of the 99p Stores in Walthamstow High Street on Wednesday morning, November 1.

Haroon Khan, who has a firearms licence and is a member of a local gun club, was alarmed to discover live ammunition in a Walthamstow doorway.

The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself.
continued...

Mr Khan said that if it had been struck hard enough or exposed to heat it could have gone off.

"This sort of thing should not be lying around. It was live, primed and active," he said. "But rather me pick it up than a little kid.

"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?

"To get hold of one of these is not easy. You have to go through a scrutinised search, you need a licence and you have to belong to a club."

Ammunition of this kind would ordinarily be used in a small handgun or pistol, and both can be owned legally under licence.

But to leave strictly controlled goods out in the street would be enough for a firearms licence to be revoked.

The bullet has been examined at a Metropolitan Police laboratory and details about it kept for future reference.

A police spokesman said: "Recovering firearms and ammunition is a priority for the police. We take the same view of ammunition as we do of a gun.

"If it goes bang, it is still lethal."

Police are treating the unattended ammunition as a crime. Mr Khan alerted them at 10.16am, and they arrived at his shop to pick up the bullet at 11.32am.
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/new...in_doorway.php

To think that these people used to rule half of the world... Now they get their panties up in a bunch over a tiny .22 short cartridge (about as powerful as your average pellet gun). I found it interesting that in England, a bullet can "fire itself", and that it is considered a crime to have an unattended bullet lying about. Its as if someone could cause mass destruction by strategically planting a .22 short somewhere.

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Good LORD! I had no idea!

Why there are some of those things IN MY HOUSE! I wonder if my house is STILL THERE???

Holy crap! I better race home right away before it starts roaming the countryside to steal the blood of the living!

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Plumper Pumper

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
It just seems that way to you (and many others myself included) because in America we, as a society, have become desensitized to guns. either way as long as it didn't harm anyone then its OK.
Tippymann76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
great response time by the cops too . . .

:: rollseyes ::
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

Shocking crime indeed

It is up there with animal activist bombing Velcro factories.
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wow. . . While leaving ammunition out is irresponsible making such a large deal about a .22 SHORT round is almost ridiculous.

Those rounds aren't very powerful and about the only time I would use them is if noise was an issue. It sounds like a PB marker when the .22 rifle goes off!

Wow. . . just wow-thats ridiculous!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

O M G ! I hope they raised their terror alert level.

Seriously my Brothas. Don't let this happen here. England let itself be neutered by electing a bunch of liberal politicians, lawyers, and judges. Now their laws serve only to protect criminals. Houses are broken into with impunity over there because theives know that homeowners are defenseless. In fact, if they get injured while trying to break in they can and do successfully sue the homeowner. England is currently in the early stages of trying to ban pointed knives. This in the wake of a homeowner being murdered with a knife (from his own kitchen)- Because he interupted a robbery in progress. Now they want knives to have only one cutting edge and a rounded point so that they cannot be used to stab. In case you are wondering how the process starts, first a Doctor publishes an article on the needless loss of life caused by XXX. Such an article was published in England just over a year ago. Six months later, politicians citing the article proposed initial banning legislation. The initial legislation didn't pass but they did issue a 'Knife amnesty' allowing people to turn in their dangerous knives. Once a few more people are used to the idea they will push the legislation again. Watch the news, it will happen.

It won't be long before you won't be able to own a pointy stick over there.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_k View Post
Wow. . . While leaving ammunition out is irresponsible making such a large deal about a .22 SHORT round is almost ridiculous.

Those rounds aren't very powerful and about the only time I would use them is if noise was an issue. It sounds like a PB marker when the .22 rifle goes off!

Wow. . . just wow-thats ridiculous!
Exactly, it would be like someone finding a pocketknife making the evening news in this country, its just silly.

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Now they want knives to have only one cutting edge and a rounded point so that they cannot be used to stab. In case you are wondering how the process starts, first a Doctor publishes an article on the needless loss of life caused by XXX. Such an article was published in England just over a year ago. Six months later, politicians citing the article proposed initial banning legislation. The initial legislation didn't pass but they did issue a 'Knife amnesty' allowing people to turn in their dangerous knives. Once a few more people are used to the idea they will push the legislation again. Watch the news, it will happen.
I think that is just those powerful knife manufacturing lobbist's efforts to sell more knives, think about it, who will gain the most when every family has to turn in thier knives and buy the new rounded knives?

Yeah right, protecting the average citizens my arse !
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

Hey i'll all about not leaving ammo sitting around in doorways and such just because a rimfire could go off if struck perfectly... but a crime? i think that's a bit much,
Quote:
and details about it kept for future reference
what reference?! most likely that was part of a batch of a few hundred thousand that was sold in their country, so what take guns away from everybody who bought part of that lot just to be safe?

Two books i think all Americans should read:
-Life at the Bottom: The Worldview That Makes the Underclass by Theodore Dalrymple
-The Abolition of Britain: From Winston Churchill to Princess Diana by Peter Hitchens
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News