mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

lack of competition= more cost to the end user. I'm going to go find the next guy in line and start backing him to compete with them.

PMI+NPS=PMS? NMI?

--J
joelrf600r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Rumor it was all carved in stone last year when there was an announcement=nt that talks broke off. Privately held companies do not do that if an agreement has not been made. It is an old ploy/trick to get the news out to current or future investors.

PW my bet is your PMI guys would not have said anything if you knew and asked. (if they wanted to keep there jobs)

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gun Hoarder

Send a message via AIM to pwpaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
PW my bet is your PMI guys would not have said anything if you knew and asked. (if they wanted to keep there jobs)
Yes I know they probably would not say much, but watching them squirm around trying to come up with something would have been even better.

Like the other posts are saying I’m not looking forward to this. I like the fact I have the choice of who gets what order. Now we can’t say to PMI “sorry you are more than NPS” or the other way around.
My Sale

My Feedback
pwpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I too am concerned with the merger... As my dad always said when a new "paintball business" opened locally, No worries, it keeps ya honest, and shows the customers what service they are actually getting when coming to our store.

I wonder as a whole what benefits this bring for us. I too hate the feeling of less then important when calling NPS, not to mention very poor quality when it comes to alot of the end aftermarket product. For to long I had to go to 888 paintball's website before placing my orders with NPS and make sure what prices they were selling on there, as I found often I could buy things cheaper through 888paintball then direct from NPS. I only hope for the best but just have a gut feeling that we will see these larger mergers start to attack one another for whatever reasons...

The whole merger with WGP, Brass Eagle, Viewloader and JT.....Tippmann & Special Ops...National & PMI... I am sure there are others... but I can't say that in the previous mergers have I liked the results that have come about. I will just sit and watch what is in store for the industry for the 2007 year...

My Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...ser=87&cat=500

Feedback
Ebay - http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS
Mcarterbrown - http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
AmericanPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Well makes me glad I amlearning to make most of the "After Market" stuff I would want for myself.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to SpyyMarket1978 Send a message via Yahoo to SpyyMarket1978

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelrf600r View Post
lack of competition= more cost to the end user. I'm going to go find the next guy in line and start backing him to compete with them.

PMI+NPS=PMS? NMI?

--J
PMS is already used.

That's a scary thought that Gino's empire has grown even more. Last I heard, which was about a year ago, the two companies couldn't come to an agreement on the merger. What's next? DYE gets bought out by Smart Parts? Who knows, maybe K2 will buy out more companies.
SpyyMarket1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
If they monopolize and drive up prices, eventually they will outprice themselves and sales will slack. And, there's always the underdog...who may not yet even be in the business...who will come along, manufacture and market great products....and grab the attention (and $$)of the players.

There's enough other companies out there that I'm not too concerned yet. Who knows....there may even be some great products in the works, now that those 2 companies have merged and consolidated resources.

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

PMI has been making most of NPBS paint for the past year, and a lot of the product NPBS has been selling was PMI (IE) pure energy. This should change much as far what product they carry.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
Titus had a rumor? Man, I need to set up an anonymous tip line or something...
I think you should.

I too as a small business owner always had an issue with NPS. Daryl would rarely call me back, and I always felt a sense of negativity from him whenever I called.

PMI has been pretty good to me. They always have had an issue with their MAP prices and getting control of it, but for the most part, I've been happy with PMI.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The fact that the NPS president took over worries me a little. Luckily NPS and PMI don't carry a whole lot of brand names, the majority of thier stuff is generic. I do like Evil stuff though, and I hope they don't get screwed over. NPS's policy of not wanting the stores that order from them to carry anybody else's gear is really annoying. With the growth of paintball and the number of suppliers, NPS's ****ty business dealings arn't tolerated as much.

I bet the only reason thier merging is due to lost profits, PMI's Pirhana line pretty much failed, and most stores that move a lot of products have gotten fed up with NPS. Not to mention NPS's line of crappy knockoff's, BT's aren't exactly a big seller.

AKA Snuggles Smith

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5149
Do Little is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News