mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ata boy ripperdoc. I was tempted to send em something like:

Dear Rosa,

ur 1337 regs blewed up my ultra sick gat. I hate you guys.

Love,

Chaos Fiend

but that's a lie, and kinda wrong. but yeah who the hell thinks it's okay to sell a product like that. All of their stuff looks like cheap *** rip off's.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickfactor2 View Post
I have never seen a great white shark either but Im not going to go swimming covered in bacon.
lol. thats a quote.

And then the tip is usually "You should duck now."
onionheadfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
Makes me laugh when people say that their gun/tank/reg is gonna EXPLODE!!!!!! The only time that will happen is when the tank has oil introduced into it and a hot 4500psi fill is slammed into it. And how many times has that happened? 2 or 3 if I recall correctly. Wish the crazies would research the facts before spewing out crap like that. I blame some of it on the old picture of a catastrophicly failed tank, that was pressurized to 12,000psi or something similar, with a hole the size of an orange with threads all splayed out. Heck even tanks failing hydro isnt all that comon, which shows how safe the tanks themselves are. The other instigator is PBN, and the fact that they dont try and educate the kids, and let stupid rumors and untruths be posted. Seems to me PBN doesnt realize how much POSITIVE change they could do to this sport, and only seem to be about the money.

The "Fake" Myth regs are not gonna "Blow" up, they may fail, but not catostrophicly.

This post bugs me....And you seem to be missing the point. Im pretty sure, most people on this site are not morons, and realize, yes, the Fake Myth regs will probably not explode. But your post seems to be mocking people, for trying to keep people safe. Thats not right. The problem with these Fake regs, isnt that they will explode, its in what they will do to a marker when you thread them on. Yes, some markers use macro line, in which case, the macro would blow, bleed the tank in about 3 seconds. Im sure you might suffer some injury, maybe a bit of macro shrapnel, but mainly hurt pride, and a dinged up gun and tank when you drop it. But, ALOT of guns DONT use macro line, thats where the issue comes in. Imagine a gun, like, The Invert Mini, TM-7, Luxe...or something like an A5, or 98. Think of guns that dont use macro, or that have braided lines that will hold 3000PSI, think what putting 3000PSI through a Tippmann A5 would do. It would destroy the valve, power tube, probably the gun. And not in a comical way, but probably a violent way. How about a Back Bottled Phantom? No lines at all! Just 3000PSI into the gun, a stock class sniper...No regs to prevent over pressurization, no macro lines to blow...just a valve, which im sure, wont hold that pressure back. Think about how fast that would occur too. You've got your tank, holding 4500PSI, you grab your marker, thread it on....you wont hear a "hissssssss" that time. It would be instant. You'd be hurt.

So, yes, we realize the regs, and the tanks will probably not explode. But, guns probably will.

This company needs to take these regs off the shelf before someone gets hurt. END OF STORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigz View Post
You should call up GA and tell them, their customer service is top notch. If you have 4 of their reg that are fudged, chances are they are fake. Nonetheless I am sure that GA will replace them for free just to get the fakes/duds off the market.

My brother sent them a pretty beat up reg (really scratched up from vice grips, all the threads were completely stripped) he bought off a guy and they fixed all the threads AND reanno'd the reg FOR FREE. You can still see some of the scratches under the anno but it looks amazing. Best customer service I've seen in a while.
Seems like every times someone has a bad Myth Reg, the conclusion is "It must be fake".

I don't like Myth regs. Too many issues and too many defects. I love my pre-myth GA regs (Assault and Fuku Assault). My genuine Myth reg seized on the tank with 3 turns left, and then snapped in half when we tried to remove it.

GA needs to bring back the Assault reg.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party View Post
Anyone else actually check out the TMT Paintball site?
They just scream stereotypical Chinese company trying to make a profit making crappy knockoff's of existing products for an industry they have zero experience in.
All the while claiming performance and quality.

Like that is going to stop anyone from buying their stuff. Thats how Rap4 got off the ground..
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Like that is going to stop anyone from buying their stuff. Thats how every major chinese industry gets off the ground..
Fixed that for you.
1. Get contract to make something and later copy design/steal trade secrets/reverse engineer "real" product
2. Produce your version at fraction of cost
3. Flood Market
4. Profit
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

#5. Repeat with new product.

D~
- I&I Sports - "Cant find it? Did you check here?"
MY FEEDBACK
Ph4n7oM 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
This post bugs me....And you seem to be missing the point. Im pretty sure, most people on this site are not morons, and realize, yes, the Fake Myth regs will probably not explode. But your post seems to be mocking people, for trying to keep people safe. Thats not right. The problem with these Fake regs, isnt that they will explode, its in what they will do to a marker when you thread them on. Yes, some markers use macro line, in which case, the macro would blow, bleed the tank in about 3 seconds. Im sure you might suffer some injury, maybe a bit of macro shrapnel, but mainly hurt pride, and a dinged up gun and tank when you drop it. But, ALOT of guns DONT use macro line, thats where the issue comes in. Imagine a gun, like, The Invert Mini, TM-7, Luxe...or something like an A5, or 98. Think of guns that dont use macro, or that have braided lines that will hold 3000PSI, think what putting 3000PSI through a Tippmann A5 would do. It would destroy the valve, power tube, probably the gun. And not in a comical way, but probably a violent way. How about a Back Bottled Phantom? No lines at all! Just 3000PSI into the gun, a stock class sniper...No regs to prevent over pressurization, no macro lines to blow...just a valve, which im sure, wont hold that pressure back. Think about how fast that would occur too. You've got your tank, holding 4500PSI, you grab your marker, thread it on....you wont hear a "hissssssss" that time. It would be instant. You'd be hurt.

So, yes, we realize the regs, and the tanks will probably not explode. But, guns probably will.

This company needs to take these regs off the shelf before someone gets hurt. END OF STORY
Sorry that I cannot make it more clear. I DO get it, just commenting about one part of this situation, not the safety of these fake regs. Just the way that people over react and say things are gonna explode. Think about this, how much pressure do you think guns are tested to? And when you pressurize a gun higher than the normal orperating pressure, o-rings and seals will go before the metal does. I have personally seen amny guns feed 2200psi straight into them and not fail, not saying that they wont, but it just doesnt happen as often as people think it would.

The fake regs are unsafe, I am not disagreeing with that one bit. Just the way people talk about things like that, they talk like the thing is gonna fail and take your head off, and that just isntl ikely at all, again it is always possible to an extent, but not the way people say it will happen. How many severe injuries have happened due to unsafe tanks or regs? 1 person died due to a wrongly installed Co2 valve, and an inexperienced player unscrewing the tank. Other minor injuries have occured, but not life threatening other than the instance I mentioned, mixing oil and a flash fill in a 4500 psi tank. And truth be told, that has only occured because the standards for filling tanks have not been followed since boosters stopped being used and straight fills are slammed into tanks, allowing the heat to build, I have personaly seen tanks get over 135 degrees and more in the fill lines at a major tourney. Flow restrictors (of some fashion) should be used, but no one is gonna slow that process down now.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
Just thought that I would put my 2 cents in here:

In regards to the "fake" GA regs, I would personally be very wary of buying anything from someone who is not a GA retailer or used.
Full on tank pressure going into my markers: not good for anything. The only secondary reg I have ever heard that "might" be able to take 3000 psi is a PPS stab (correct me if i am wrong). I could see if the secondary reg fails the marker could blow out fittings, hoses, pretty much anywhere that is pressurized.
I know from working with compressed air when I was growing up helping my uncle with the stock car that in the wrong situations it is very dangerous. It only takes about 100 PSI for the air to push through your skin if you have a cut on your hands. That would force a small air bubble into your veins and would cause a heart attack.
I've had macroline fail, spent a day with no hearing on my right side from it and a bruise on my arm from where the macroline hit my arm.

Ive actually had a SP micro-maxflo (one of the early 3k ones that had issues) fail and have 1800 psi go into my gun. Burst disk blew out of course (what they are meant to do) and there might have been a second where the 1800 psi went into the gun but also all my gun run PPS stabs on them to boot. I basically will never use the reg again and haven't even sent it in for warranty. Also will I ever buy another micro-maxflo again: nope.
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Slap one of those on an RT mag and go to town.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News