mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Exclamation Possible Fake Myth Regs again

I can't validate this yet and would love to hear from GA if possible. This thread was started in both the News and Field Owners Forum on the Nation. I'm only posting it because of the possibilities of what could happen if it's true.

This was posted by the user IonFreak111:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THESE ARE STILL BEING SOLD! PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS! THESE ARE STILL BEING SOLD! THESE ARE STILL BEING SOLD! PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS! THESE ARE STILL BEING SOLD! THESE ARE STILL BEING SOLD! PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS! THESE ARE STILL BEING SOLD!

Taken from IonOwners

**THIS IS NOT A CORP STATEMENT, IT'S DAN COLBYS RESPONSE***
FIRST DONT BUY A FAKE MYTH, IT CAN KILL YOU DEAD, LIKE NOW!!
ONLY BUY YOUR GUERRILLA MYTH REGS FROM AN AUTH. DEALER OR DIRECT.
WE WILL GET THIS STRIGHT BY MONDAY.

AS FAR AS THE COMPANY MAKING THE FAKE MYTHS, I AM REALLY PISSED I'M GOING TO HUNT YOU DOWN AND DRAG YOUR LITTLE ***** THROUGH THE STREETS TILL BARE BONED, DO WHAT YOU WANT IN CHINA BUT WHEN YOU COME OVER AND MESS WITH MY PEOPLE HERE IN THE STATES, I'LL KNOCK YA OUT!!! I'M GOING TO GET YOU AND I WILL FIND YOU, I'M COMING FOR YOU SO START PRAYING TO WHAT EVER GOD YOU PRAY TO HE CANT STOP ME, AND GOD HELP YOU IF YOU HURT ANY OF MY BALLERS!!!
AS FAR AS YOU LITTLE JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON NINJA HATERS STFU!! THIS IS BIGGER THEN US, SOMEONE IS TRYING TO BRING IN A PRODUCT THAT CAN HURT A BALLER IT'S OUR / MY JOB TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL OK AND SAFE, ALL BALLERS, NOT ONLY NINJA, PMI, G/A BUT ALL BALLERS, SEE THATS WHAT I DO i GOT THE PLAYERS BACK, ALWAYS HAD!!
A CORP STATEMENT WILL FOLLOW ON MONDAY. Requoted from Dan Colbys previous post.

Originating forum and thread: http://milsimempire.com/viewtopic.ph...p=57816#p57816

--------------------

Hi all, consider what I'm about to show you a public safety warning. I also want to warn any paintball businesses to think twice before they order anything from this company. TMT PAINT BALL ACCESSORY (HK) MANUFACTURE LIMITED

I'm going to show you an illustration of one of their products, and email excerpts exchanged between my purchasing agent in Taiwan, and the sales rep "Rosa" at this company.

Background Story...

For about 2 months straight, myself and my staff have received spam mail from a bunch of China based manufacturers. One of them being TMT PAINT BALL ACCESSORY (HK) MANUFACTURE LIMITED (TMT Paintball). I don't usually read these things and I had them forwarded to my purchasing guy, Mr. Chen. We just happen to be looking for some regs as we're switching over to HPA bottles from CO2 at our rental fields. Chen shows me what looks to be a MYTH regulator and asked me if we should buy some if they were safe and usable. I then told Chen to ask for samples from TMT and he proceeded an email exchange with them.

After a few emails, Rosa told Chen that the price for the reg is $15 USD with a MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) of 100 pcs. Rosa then offers to send a sample over, it arrived the next day via Fedex.

Chen opened the pkg and looked over the reg, everything seemed normal. He then attached it to a 13 CI alum bottle we had lying around. As it was a 4500 psi reg and a 3000psi bottle, he went down to the basement and proceeded to fill it with our 3000 psi scuba tank. He plugs in it, turns on the valve and NOTHING...air does not seem to be going in. He comes back upstairs just as I walked into the office, and he hands it over to me for a closer look.

So I took it apart and the very first thing I noticed was that the nipple wasn't a standard size. It wasn't a US sized fill nipple, nor a slightly smaller one used in Europe. It was some sort of metal that had a shiny surface plating. I then took it downstairs myself and proceeded to fill it, again nothing. I took it back upstairs and took it apart to see what the problem was.

As I broke it down, my jaw dropped. There were so few parts inside, and upon closer inspection, there were absolutely NO safety features on this reg. What is supposedly a burst disc is nothing by a piece of plated brass with a hole drilled through it. Inside of the reg, there was NOTHING that regulated the air pressure down (there's usually a series of discs and valves and "turns" the air, forcing the pressure down). The fill nipple was the same plated metal and the hole that was drilled thru it was very small. The spring valve had no slot drilled into it, so when we tried to fill it, it actually created a perfect seal inside.

The fact that this thing did NOT fill probably saved our lives. Had we achieved in filling the bottle and connected it to a marker, all 3000 psi would go right into the marker, probably blowing up the gun. We could have been seriously hurt or even killed if anything had exploded.

Chen and I were both dumbfounded once we opened this thing up, and upon realizing the danger we'd just avoided, Chen proceeded to contact Rosa to tell her our findings.

Here's the email exchange...

Rosa, I had received the sample you sent me by Fedex. I thank you very much for sending it. Upon inspection of the unit, Iím disappointed to tell you that it does not work. I had your regulator sample taken apart. Theirs is NOTHING inside that REGULATES the air pressure. I donít think your company knows anything about safety and manufacturing of products. You canít have possibly sold this product to anyone before without them telling you about it. With high pressure air, if youíre not careful, a bottle or a gun can explode. Are you trying to get someone killed?

Sincerely,

Chen Wei

Reply...

Dear Mr.Chen,

Thank you for your opinion.
We have export at least 1000pcs of this item to Other countries at before and nothing had happened. Therefore, we are very surprise when you tell me about it.
I will tell your opinion to my engineer to ask them about it.

best regards
sincerely
Rosa
April 8th

After this email exchange, I took this regulator down to my friend Mr. Sun for a closer inspection. Mr. Sun is one of the most knowledgeable Paintball experts in all of Taiwan, he owns the company that makes the mini invert, and the BT TM7. He also makes air products like regulators, fill stations, etc. He takes the reg apart and looks at it and just shakes his head. He says there's no way in hell that this regulator would work with the parts it had. He also finds it completely bogus that TMT can sell 1000 of these things without anyone getting hurt or dead...

These TMT people obviously do not have any clue how a regulator works, and what kind of danger they put someone in with the garbage they're selling. These people are not selling teddy bears, they're selling a device that is designed to control thousands of pounds of air pressure. Please do NOT support manufacturers like them by buying their products. Everything comes at a price for a reason. I hope to God that they really didn't sell 1000 of these things into Europe. If ANY of you see an online ad selling a cheap reg, stay FAR FAR AWAY!

The following is a quick illustration I made with pictures I took from my cell phone...not the best quality, but you see the actual reg they sent me.

The reason I'm reposting this is because apparently the company is still selling these regs but without the Myth logos on them.

Remember......if the deal is "too good to be true"........it probably is.
Take it with a grain of salt but be aware of the source of your regs if you buy them online.
Tug

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.

Last edited by Tugboater203; 04-12-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: added picture
Tugboater203 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Crazy stuff, good to know that this poorly made product is still on the market.

You know, the whole design looks like it's almost designed for CO2?
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

i still have one of the original phoney myth regs on one of my 13 ci's. When the first one hit, no one posted a pic of what a real myth reg looked like, so i assumed mine was real. Fast forward a year when eeveryone is using them, and i see mine is too tall to be a real myth reg. Need to change that out sometime, but it seriously gets dead on consistency. Like every shot is within 2 fps of the last. It is great.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Guerrilla Air :: Products
Right from the source.
Tug

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Makes me laugh when people say that their gun/tank/reg is gonna EXPLODE!!!!!! The only time that will happen is when the tank has oil introduced into it and a hot 4500psi fill is slammed into it. And how many times has that happened? 2 or 3 if I recall correctly. Wish the crazies would research the facts before spewing out crap like that. I blame some of it on the old picture of a catastrophicly failed tank, that was pressurized to 12,000psi or something similar, with a hole the size of an orange with threads all splayed out. Heck even tanks failing hydro isnt all that comon, which shows how safe the tanks themselves are. The other instigator is PBN, and the fact that they dont try and educate the kids, and let stupid rumors and untruths be posted. Seems to me PBN doesnt realize how much POSITIVE change they could do to this sport, and only seem to be about the money.

The "Fake" Myth regs are not gonna "Blow" up, they may fail, but not catostrophicly.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Field owner today told me a guy came in with a fake myth that was outputting 2500psi.

In any case, it not a good idea to be using a regulator that does not regulate.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
it probably wont explode, no

but i remember back when i played in tourny circuits some kid with a fusion didnt tighten his LPR/ram screw all the way, and it shot right out the back of the gun, missed his head by an inch, and went about 7 feet before it hit some other kid.

it won't "explode" but it still has potential to cause harm, not to mention the fact theyre ripping off people
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Not much different from the real myth's for guys like me. I have 4 of them that output full tank pressure. Fake or not, I don't recommend them.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Blue resistance movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
Makes me laugh when people say that their gun/tank/reg is gonna EXPLODE!!!!!! The only time that will happen is when the tank has oil introduced into it and a hot 4500psi fill is slammed into it. And how many times has that happened? 2 or 3 if I recall correctly. Wish the crazies would research the facts before spewing out crap like that. I blame some of it on the old picture of a catastrophicly failed tank, that was pressurized to 12,000psi or something similar, with a hole the size of an orange with threads all splayed out. Heck even tanks failing hydro isnt all that comon, which shows how safe the tanks themselves are. The other instigator is PBN, and the fact that they dont try and educate the kids, and let stupid rumors and untruths be posted. Seems to me PBN doesnt realize how much POSITIVE change they could do to this sport, and only seem to be about the money.

The "Fake" Myth regs are not gonna "Blow" up, they may fail, but not catostrophicly.
Would you put out 3000psi through your gun ? Have you ever seen a macro line burst or maybe the fitting and have the line whip around across your face or neck ? I have. The picture clearly shows no mechanism to control output pressure nor does it have a real burst disc.

I have never seen a great white shark either but Im not going to go swimming covered in bacon.

It puts the hands in the air or it gets the paint again.

Last edited by Rickfactor2; 04-12-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Rickfactor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Not much different from the real myth's for guys like me. I have 4 of them that output full tank pressure. Fake or not, I don't recommend them.
but it would be interesting to know whether yours were fake or not. I am all for booing bad products but if all the bad ones are fake it would just be unfair for GA to have its name tarnished like that.

i also heard on the nation that a myth reg blew up a Droid. the owner posted pictures and MacDev replaced his Droid for free (even though it was the tank's fault). dunno whether that myth reg was genuine though.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News