mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #61 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to stupiddogg Send a message via Skype™ to stupiddogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
can anyone try comparing this product to regular shampoo?

put half of the product on one side and the other half regular shampoo. use the same method to apply on both side but with different towels.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngleichman View Post
ditto that

I can do it for you, but I am sure that would not be as convincing or it would be looked at as biased. I tested allot of shampoos/soaps/creams/sprays etc before deciding there was a better way to accomplish what was needed. I will say one of the main ingredients in shampoos, soaps and shaving creams (which have been known to help with fogging) is glycerin, but they also can contain several types of acids and harsh chemicals that can damage the lens.

Yes, Fogdoc does contain a pure form of glycerin, so I am sure the results will be semi-close to the same. Now, I also will say you wont see the longevity of the application with a shampoo or soap that you do with FD.

The reason I use some glycerin is because it helps remove moisture from the air, lens, etc and it has a hygroscopic property and is also used for a solidifying agent. (thats why it is a gel)

I look at it kind of like, Can I use Windex to clean glass? Yep, and can I clean the same glass with vinegar and water, ? Yep. Can I wash my car with laundry soap, sure. Is it better to use a product specifically for the application? Yes. There are lots of products that share common characteristics on the market. I just market a product for people that need to see clearly, for longer periods of time. FD was a brain child because I was on the field with friends and was tired of not being able to see and here I am several yrs later with my product.

I offer 100% satisfaction guarantee and will always be available to help others with any problems they may have with any of my products. I have had fogdoc going " full bore" for 6 months and have received some great reviews.

Here are some of the feedback links and support I have seen by customers.

Fogdoc | Catshack Reports
WARPIG.com :: View topic - possibly the best anti-fog ever!
YouTube - Paintball Goggle Lenses Care, Cleaning & Fog Prevention
Streaming Paintball Videos, Paintball Show, Paintball Podcast, Paintball News!
Some older ones, but same stuff
Best anti-fog spray/wipes Etc' - PbNation
Automags.Org Online Forums - ***Stupiddogg Antifogg***

Let me know whenever you have a concern or advice. As a customer also, I am also always open to feedback.

Derek

And just to share, here is how boring my new years was ..... The family and I made another 6 gallons

stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #62 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
I've used my glasses and Profiler combo for this...

I sweat like a pig and I was hoping to use my glasses and save money on not using contacts.

I used the stuff during Pump Pandemonium this weekend and a few other times and I've come to the verdict:

The stuff doesn't work.

I've tried multiple methods of application, such as waiting it to dry overnight then buffing it out, waiting about 30 minutes, waiting 5 minutes, wipe on/wipe off. I've tried leaving buffing it lightly leaving enough to see it streak, I've buffed it out with microfiber to the point where I the lenses look clear.

I noted that the sweat drips down my face when I play, so I concluded maybe my own sweat was melting the coating off, so I threw on a Bandana to act as a sweatband, didn't help either.

Back to contacts for me unless there's a suggestion or pointer of what I'm doing wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearush View Post
I don't really have much of an issue with fogging so much as I sweat so much that water condensates on the inside of the lens. Does the Fogdoc help with this at all or is it just strictly an anti-fog product.
can u answer those 2 post?

shampoo has been working great for me before but last time i went out i was getting a lot of fogging. it might have been because i use a different shampoo or sweating too much.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #63 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to stupiddogg Send a message via Skype™ to stupiddogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
can u answer those 2 post?

No problem,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupiddogg View Post
The reason I use some glycerin is because it helps remove moisture from the air, lens, etc and it has a hygroscopic property and is also used for a solidifying agent. (thats why it is a gel)
Where it wont absorb sweat and water like a shamwow, the characteristic of a hygroscopic compound is that they will take up or absorb moisture. Now if someone sweats like a pig (no disrespect :P) the results may not be as evident or clear, but I have found for normal usage it helps more than anything else out there

D

Last edited by stupiddogg; 01-03-2010 at 12:14 AM.
stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #64 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I am not sure why we are giving this gentleman the fifth degree here. He has a product, let's let it speak for itself.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:29 AM   #65 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I am not sure why we are giving this gentleman the fifth degree here. He has a product, let's let it speak for itself.

TF

sorry if it appears that way, just trying to get a general idea if it works better than shampoo. i bought expensive product that suppose to be good before and my shampoo works a lot better.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
I like it. And I am pretty sure its cheap enough to try it (if people have not done so) and if your not happy... just get in touch with him. Simple enough.

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #67 (permalink)
Post Whore

I used it on my glasses at the field today,and LOVE it.
Roughly treated my bathroom mirror tonight before taking a shower.Now my back has been hurting all weak..that means about a 15 minute searing shower.Once I was done I got out,and let just the pure hot water run through the shower for about 5 minutes more.Here is the result.Bear in mind I had to keep backing away from the bathroom,because the camera wouldn't stop fogging.
Venge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #68 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

put some on the camera lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News