mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #1021 (permalink)
chuff chuff

I do like my Macs, but Apple really annoys me sometimes. Also I find iOS boring but it should be better now that it's more like Android but with Apples iron first punching you in the face every day.
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #1022 (permalink)
MCB Member

Okay, so a couple things:

First: Those who have Xoom's or galexy tabs, how do you like them? What do you use them for? Favorite features?

Second: With the upgraded OS on my X, I can't modify people in my address book (because it is getting the info from facebook), so when I go to add a cell # or piece of info they don't have on fb, I have to create a second contact for the same person. Probably an easy fix?

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #1023 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Had both a galaxy tab, wife has now, and a Xoom. Xoom blows it away, but also cause all it's specs are double the Tabs. 1GHz dual core and a GB of RAM help it fly. I only use a laptop at home now to help mod my droid X and such and put music on my Xoom. So i use it like once a month tops, Other then that i am all Xoom all the time. Never leaves my hand when i am home unless i am pooping, eating, sleeping, or showering. Works great. Super fast. THe Honeycomb OS is very smooth and much more intuitive then GB or froyo. Just flows.

The Galaxy tab is nice. But it basically is your phone with a 7" screen, same 1 GHz processor and 512MB ram your phone has. I liked the tab, cause it was just my phone with a bigger screen. But once i touched the Xoom, i don't look back. If you were near me i'd say you could try it.

I love a lot of the tablet only apps they have for the Xoom, yeah there are only like 50 so far, but some of them are really cool, Google Body, 360 News.

Overall i basically now know i will never buy a laptop again. I am only going to go with tablets from now on. I have the one laptop i need to hack my X when needed. Everything else is full time tablet usage.

As to the contacts issue. Make a seperate contact, then go into the contact and click Menu, then Merge contacts with another, and choose the other contact. Voila...now they are one.

edit: i stand corrected, they seem to have taken out the merge contacts feature....hmmm...gimme a few minutes

edit2: i got nothing. Best i can say is log into your gmail on a browser and mod it there.

Last edited by Legato; 06-12-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #1024 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

My lg eve finally crapped out of warranty, grabbed myself a new galaxy captivate. being canadian means i have rogers kicking me in the nuts constantly for providing good reception
Cheap-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:26 AM   #1025 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato View Post
Had both a galaxy tab, wife has now, and a Xoom. Xoom blows it away, but also cause all it's specs are double the Tabs. 1GHz dual core and a GB of RAM help it fly. I only use a laptop at home now to help mod my droid X and such and put music on my Xoom. So i use it like once a month tops, Other then that i am all Xoom all the time. Never leaves my hand when i am home unless i am pooping, eating, sleeping, or showering. Works great. Super fast. THe Honeycomb OS is very smooth and much more intuitive then GB or froyo. Just flows.

The Galaxy tab is nice. But it basically is your phone with a 7" screen, same 1 GHz processor and 512MB ram your phone has. I liked the tab, cause it was just my phone with a bigger screen. But once i touched the Xoom, i don't look back. If you were near me i'd say you could try it.

I love a lot of the tablet only apps they have for the Xoom, yeah there are only like 50 so far, but some of them are really cool, Google Body, 360 News.

Overall i basically now know i will never buy a laptop again. I am only going to go with tablets from now on. I have the one laptop i need to hack my X when needed. Everything else is full time tablet usage.

As to the contacts issue. Make a seperate contact, then go into the contact and click Menu, then Merge contacts with another, and choose the other contact. Voila...now they are one.

edit: i stand corrected, they seem to have taken out the merge contacts feature....hmmm...gimme a few minutes

edit2: i got nothing. Best i can say is log into your gmail on a browser and mod it there.
If you go into a contact, hit edit and then hit the key all the way to the left again (on the x, the one with the 4 boxes...) the menu will give you the option to "join." I just did it, that works. Just more work for no reason lol.

I am thinking of a Xoom tab, I knew the specs were better and had read you enjoy it a while back. I will go to the Verizon store and play with one soon. I was just fiddling around with an Ipad recently and got the idea.

A laptop might still be better for me to have though (considering I already own it and I can store more on it and USB drives/removable hard drives (this will be a huge factor when I go to a ship lol)

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
Old 06-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #1026 (permalink)

I havent tried but many people say that flash drives and portable hard drives can be read by it. Just depends on the brand. Haven't tried it myself though. Haven't had a need to. 32GB onboard memory will last me long enough
Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #1027 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato View Post
I havent tried but many people say that flash drives and portable hard drives can be read by it. Just depends on the brand. Haven't tried it myself though. Haven't had a need to. 32GB onboard memory will last me long enough
Hmm, I will look into it. Wouldn't be half bad to have a tablet to watch movies on etc, the more space I can save the better.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
Old 06-12-2011, 06:20 AM   #1028 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Legs pooping is no excuse to not use your tab, a lot of my posts are sent from the john on my phone.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #1029 (permalink)

But...but...then i am tainting it. LOL
Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #1030 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Just hit is with lysol or something.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography