mcarterbrown.com

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #521 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Even if it is a 2 Ghz phone it won't always run at that. Just when it needs to. Or you can Root the phone and install some Over clocking app, and instead of over clocking, tell it to underclock at these events that you list...will save you battery life. But really, if you get a device that fast...you should use it to its fullest potential.

I see idiots all the time on android forums who don't like that on most phones if you are a power user you will only get a days use off one battery charge. So they cripple the phone anyway they can, turning off auto syncing and updating, turning off data sync, turning screen off til it's near impossible to see, all to squeek out a few more hours of battery life. It's stupid. If you buy a high end device, use it to its potential. It's like buying a $300K car and only driving it 20 feet then putting it away....just a waste
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #522 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

i barely get a 9h work shift out of my phone, and thats just light texting during the day and browsing on lunch/breaks. i think part of it has to do with a weak signal and jumping between tmo and roaming towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #523 (permalink)
DSL is new here

As long as the battery consistently lasts me all day I'm happy, I have days I'm flat out for 16 hours and dont have time to plug in.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #524 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

That will mainly depend on your usage Leafy, as well as whether or not you are on Wifi.

I see people generally get a day out of my phones battery. With the stock battery i am lucky to get 8 hours. I am a power user. On my phone constantly, and 80% of the battery is being used to keep my super huge screen lit. I am constantly on IM or FB or whatever, kills my battery keeping that screen lit up. If you aren't constantly on stuff you are fine. I always get extended batteries for my phones, i need them

If you can get on a wifi network, do it. It will save you battery as the phone doesn't have to transmit that signal a mile to a tower, just 50ft to a router. As an added bonus it also greatly raises you DL speed.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #525 (permalink)
DSL is new here

When I'm on campus I'm constantly on wifi, even walking between buildings, on the quad, in the janitors closet...

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 AM   #526 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes

I just installed MLIGN-HeroV3.3 (basically 1.6 sense ui) and I tried to find SetCPU but it wasn't seeing it in the store. I tried to install the APK with a couple different APK installers and none of them has worked?

Any ideas as to what is wrong?
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #527 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
If anybody has Tetronimo installed I'd like a copy of it...unfortunately it got pulled from the Market =(
Old 11-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #528 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
that doesnt even make sense. I'm supposedly getting a vibrant for christmas but now I'm thinking I should hold out longer for the vibrant 2 with the 2ghz processor thats supposedly coming out in early of 2011. I dont think I'll hold out because with a 2ghz processor its going to be battery hog.
Leafy, the vibrant and captivate both run bing as I recall... they run it as the main search engine... $$ is a big motivator... lol
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #529 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

all 4 galaxy S phones run bing search and bing maps by default, but you can download google no problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #530 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Got some of the Galaxy Tabs in today, neat little devices. The 7" screen seems to small but everything I have seen scales to 7" no problem. The problem I do have with it is the data plan is atrocious $20 a month for 1Gb is what we signed up for at work and the price $599. That being said it has a gorgeous screen and seems snappy on non flash websites.

Also got a slew of Verizon devices in but I haven't got a chance to play with them. I had to switch from the Vibrant to the Nexus because of the Galaxy phones terrible file system performance. It should be noted I hate the little trackball and the buttons seem less responsive than the Galaxy phones.

Az
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography