mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #641 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I love the framing and composition in this photo. It looks a little "flat" and it's not really that sharp, but I think that just lends itself to the camera you were using. Given that circumstance, a solid 8/10

Another one from Colorado! This little guy walked up to the cabin and I took his picture
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #642 (permalink)

Yea the camera is amture but i had a older camera that i was using for sometime. It wasnt digital and i put it out to pasture. 300 bucks for a hobby camera isnt that bad and i love the nikon line.

dears reaction...."Oh no you got me!!!" and man those are some big ears. The picture is so close you cant see the legs that well. To me it looks like it hanging on the wall... 6/10

This is 4 picture for this panoramic photo of lake elsinore california. i use the contrast to capture the color in the sky that day. and a lo of framing too

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by cether; 06-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.
cether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #643 (permalink)

i like the view of the lake.....however the dark spot in the middle(cloud cover nothing you could have done)distracts a bit.
7/10

backyard bored messing with low light and a bird
YoroSaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #644 (permalink)

Thanks, i would go up ther just to set down and watch nature pass by me. you know to clear my head, like a mini vacation.

That nice picture, love how the sun (or a fire) is setting in the back ground. Seem like there is a haze but i see ur in AZ. i would 7/10

different picture same town.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #645 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

cether: 8/10 Personally I would rather have more sky showing instead of the forest in the foreground, nice shot.

Attachment 32885

Last edited by Rymzor; 03-08-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Rymzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #646 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

id give that one a 6/10 - cool pic but the focal point seems a little out of focus, just a little.
here is one i got of the moon - had my S4500 on a tripod zoomed in
madasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #647 (permalink)

rymzor, i was trying to capture the town and lake more then the sky. infact to get this shot was somewhat hard. there was a lot of plant life i took 3 pano's for this.

madasax- i think i see aliens.... that is a badass shot. there is so much that u can see on the moon.9/10 it would be 10/10 if u can see the moon landing spots....jk

this is a very old picture i took years ago at my families lake house in texas. i think it was 7.1 nikon. i hate autofocus.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #648 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

Hahaha Thanks....Yea the Fujifilm i picked up has taken some cool shots for a non DSLR - may be picking up a Xti in trade tomorrow. Think photography is gonna replace paintball for me for a while...Kiddo is gettin bigger everyday.
Anywhoo....That pic seems just a tad out of focus but you said that so ill give y a 4/10 because that place looks fun as h**l

Here is one i took a few days ago - This park has great photo ops all over
madasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #649 (permalink)

wow looks like ansel adams style of photo. I like the framing, plus the strange lines and a object or that tree and not out of focus at all. mid way up the tree i can a white spot, i dont know if its the flash or just the way the sun is hitting the branches. If u go back there, take the photo again but closer to the ground and looking up. it might make the image look bigger. other then the little white i say 9/10.

yea that photo was just shot with a cheap 70 dollar nikon. it was taken at lake livingston texas.

This is what i mean, and it photo-shopped. I was looking at make a "paniting/drawing", and where im standing is a hole. the truck is lifted 2 inch but looks bigger.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #650 (permalink)
Post Whore

I actually really like the composition of the image but the processing, and im guessing the camera, REALLY take away from what the image could have been. i know the look you were going for but i dont know that it would work for this image. it looks more like something shot with a low end camera phone...
id like to see the original! 6/10

Congress Street bridge in Austin, TX
Dallas NotoRious #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Mich View Post
So very tempting. Let me weigh the cost/benefits between paying rent or buying a _____.
Big Daddy Cool is watching you...

feedback-here
feedback-CC
feedback-PbN
77monteballer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography