mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 04-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
chuff chuff

I got my Pen E-PL1 today, so far I'm not sure how I feel since I've been using a D80 lately, and my work will be getting a 5D Mark III in any day now so it's not really fair going between the two, but I wanted something for personal use that wasn't too large but gave me good manual options.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
@seek I've been toying with the idea of picking up that 25mm lens. I already have the panny 20mm1.7 and I love it but it's also I little wide. Is that 25mm bokehlicious?
I made a mistake and actually have the same 20mm 1.7.

The Panasonic X 14-42mm is compact enough to be about the same size as the pancake but I wasn't satisfied with speed of the power zooms on any of the super zoom cameras I've owned.
SeeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
DEX
Girlfriend of ApoC_101

My Panasonic GF-1 with a 20mm f/1.7 is my "on the go" camera. It's definitely not my workhorse, but it beats anyone using their mobile phones. I love it so much, it's all I need.

I was going to look into getting the NEX-7 and I would still love to have one, but the funds don't really allow it, and with my second body kicking it, I don't see it happening soon. My Canon Rebel XT served me well for many years but the performance can't keep up with me anymore. My priority is leaning towards having the D90 fall back to the second body and going towards full frame as my primary. I know the D800 just came out, but I think the D700 is all I need. A fellow media pit photographer said he was going to stay with his D700 and might even pick up another with the inevitable price drop. Video functions would be nice, but the fact that I shoot big glass and little sensors... I think I am ready to move on.
DEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEX View Post
My Panasonic GF-1 with a 20mm f/1.7 is my "on the go" camera. It's definitely not my workhorse, but it beats anyone using their mobile phones. I love it so much, it's all I need.
I shoot a Canon 50D but I totally agree with this statement! I would love to pick a M4/3 but I can't afford to run dual systems.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I'm getting a chunk back for taxes this year and was going to probably pick up a P&S camera. Though i'm considering one of these. Would a 4/3 camera be reccomended as a backup/travel type thing, i cant be carrying my camera bag around everywhere.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
@Jluke if you stuck with the camera bodies that don't have viewfinders I.e. a panny gf1 or an Oly epl and used a pancake lens then they make great travel cameras. I use the 20mm pancake lens the most out of any of my m4/3 lenses. Super sharp, fast and close to a 50mm lens on a 35mm body.
MY FEEDBACK

Parallax 47 Photography
dgorman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
Panny g camera right now but I'll be getting an Oly OMD. The Sony cameras take great quality pics the physical setup just isn't my thing. Is the nex the only mirrorless you've owned?
You'll have to let me check that OMD out.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
You'll have to let me check that OMD out.
For sure
MY FEEDBACK

Parallax 47 Photography
dgorman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
DEX
Girlfriend of ApoC_101

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
I shoot a Canon 50D but I totally agree with this statement! I would love to pick a M4/3 but I can't afford to run dual systems.
To be honest, that one lens is all I've ever needed. Of course, I come from the poor man's school of the nifty fifty. I got my GF-1 and 20mm f/1.7 for $500 used on Craigslist. I have no interest in buying any more lenses or accessories for it. I found that it was well worth it. Before, all I had were DSLRs and I'd keep one in my purse everywhere I went. (I have a big purse.)

I would rather my M4/3s take the hit than my actual work tools if push came to shove. Anyway, it's something to keep in mind.
DEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEX View Post
To be honest, that one lens is all I've ever needed. Of course, I come from the poor man's school of the nifty fifty. I got my GF-1 and 20mm f/1.7 for $500 used on Craigslist. I have no interest in buying any more lenses or accessories for it. I found that it was well worth it. Before, all I had were DSLRs and I'd keep one in my purse everywhere I went. (I have a big purse.)

I would rather my M4/3s take the hit than my actual work tools if push came to shove. Anyway, it's something to keep in mind.
Well I'm no professional. I'm a (fill in the blank) in the Navy. I'm looking at picking up a new prime, something in the 30 range, and I'm planning on seriously looking at the OM-D when it comes out. But for now I'm content with my DSLR.

I have a nifty and it is my most used lens short of my 28-135. i only use that when I need wider than the nifty can offer.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography