mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 05-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defect View Post
So I bought a new laptop for this, diablo 3 and guild wars 2. And for the life of me I cannot seem to get DayZ to work. I even had my wife who has a masters in IT(ok and no interest in seeing me waste hours in front of the computer) try. Any help?
Have you tried the official forums?

DayZ Mod

This thread shows you how to install it.

A couple of statistics..

The average life expectancy is 27 minutes.
Only 100,000 of 1,400,000 characters have survived.
ARMA is now steams #2 top seller.

Live action Day Z?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYft9Kd8nIQ

Last edited by CCM Photographer; 05-28-2012 at 10:55 AM.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #22 (permalink)

Ya. We both followed it. I'm going to uninstall and try again

eBay Feedback
MCB Feedback +4
Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
I am not a macodomy!!

Damn. Another game to take my time up, just what I needed. Gonna have to pick this up after payday I guess. Looks like $30, download the mod and I'll be all set to play. I found some quick help and install guides in the steam forums on how to set it up and get it to run Defect, hope I don't have to much trouble getting it to install. Have read lots of positive reviews and how frustratingly fun this mod can be and can't wait.
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
Habs fan!

CCM Fan
I think i am going to have to get this now.. damn!
Studwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

Lucky. Do yourself a favor and read the instruction like a child reading for the first time. If you mess any steps up like I must have its hard as hell to figure out what you did. I swear I followed them to the T but it's not working for me yet.

eBay Feedback
MCB Feedback +4
Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
I am not a macodomy!!

There is a youtube video that shows how to install into Steam, would post it but work computers don't run flash so sorry. Have to say I can't wait til I pick ARMA2 and download this Thurs or Fri, been watching videos and reading all kinds of reviews and guides for this all week so far. Anticipation level is through the roof for me. Who here is actually playing it so far and what times do you guys usually play? Would like to be able to team up quickly with trustworthy souls who won't take my beans and teabag me.
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

When I bought my new gaming rig, the promise I had to make to get the finances to work was that I couldn't spend any money on games this year. I've got ARMA II that I picked up last year when it was on sale, but I don't have the expansion Operation: Arrowhead, and it isn't currently on sale, either ($20... *ouch*). This looks like too much fun - anybody know if it'll run with just base ARMA II install?

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
When I bought my new gaming rig, the promise I had to make to get the finances to work was that I couldn't spend any money on games this year. I've got ARMA II that I picked up last year when it was on sale, but I don't have the expansion Operation: Arrowhead, and it isn't currently on sale, either ($20... *ouch*). This looks like too much fun - anybody know if it'll run with just base ARMA II install?
No you have to have OA. You CAN use ARMA II free and OA but that doesn't really help your situation. Also, to the people saying you get one life per server. Its more like 1 life for any server. If you leave a server, your location and stuff is saved on a master server, then you can hop on any other server and be at the same place with the same stuff. Its really freaking cool.

Otherwise, if your on edge about getting ARMA just for the mod, the price is definitley worth the mod alone. Something like this, except maybe less bug ridden, is worth a retail games price. Plus vanilla ARMA II online can be awesome fun. The SP sucks, but get on a domination server online, and it can be a very rewarding experience.
CaptainWhappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWhappin View Post
Otherwise, if your on edge about getting ARMA just for the mod, the price is definitley worth the mod alone. Something like this, except maybe less bug ridden, is worth a retail games price. Plus vanilla ARMA II online can be awesome fun. The SP sucks, but get on a domination server online, and it can be a very rewarding experience.
I picked up the demo for ARMA 2 when it was first released and TBH I didn't really like it. I may buy it just for the Day Z though.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWhappin View Post
No you have to have OA. You CAN use ARMA II free and OA but that doesn't really help your situation. Also, to the people saying you get one life per server. Its more like 1 life for any server. If you leave a server, your location and stuff is saved on a master server, then you can hop on any other server and be at the same place with the same stuff. Its really freaking cool.

Thanks, I'll have to see if I can wrangle $20 out of savings.

Any word on whether they're going to add melee weapons into this (or am I an idiot and missed that they're in there already)? That would make this the ultimate zombpocalypse survival game.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography