mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 07-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
They had better raise Ansel Adams from the dead to teach the course for $87k.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

87K to qualify for a volunteer job...

Spend 87K on a law degree
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Go to a CC and take a few classes , or go get a business degree and try to work in photog. classes in as your humanities or other electives. That will give you time to practice on your own and be a heck of a lot cheaper.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Devil Dog

Send a message via AIM to ballyhoo33 Send a message via MSN to ballyhoo33

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Go to a CC and take a few classes , or go get a business degree and try to work in photog. classes in as your humanities or other electives. That will give you time to practice on your own and be a heck of a lot cheaper.
You beat me to what I was going to say. $87k is going to get you one hell of a business degree and possibly MBA. Take photography classes as an elective. Or take them at a community college or as weekend classes. There's plenty of classroom opportunities to learn photograhy while persuing a degree that can be used in different markets/industries.
ballyhoo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

AAS are 5500-7000 grand....community college.

Not to quote myself.

And second when you go to a invite for a school you see what is up. I wasnt thinking about cost.

third when you ask the person that is showing the school to you is asked., " What is the tuition for this place?" and that person dances around the question then you know something is up.

Tho i have a GI bill i wanted the 80 grand or so to work for many different things. photography would be one for a side project.

anyways if someone else was thinking this would be a good school its not.

For 87 grand Adams needs to teach it and plus travel to the area he photographed.
cether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

For 87 grand Ansel better be your personal tutor too and give free use of his old lady.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

Is a college photography degree worth it? It depends on who you ask. There are plenty of successful photographers out there who have never set foot inside a university photography lecture, while others have done just as well after earning that diploma. According to a recent study by Kiplinger, however, you might want to think twice before checking the “photography” box on your college app. After analyzing the salaries and jobless rates for grads of the 100 most popular majors, they found photography to be one of the 10 worst, and write,

Shutterbugs beware: The new-grad unemployment rate for film and photography majors is only narrowly better than the rate for high school dropouts. Film and photo students face tough competition in a crowded industry, and low starting salaries are the norm even in expensive industry hubs such as New York and Los Angeles. Interestingly, film and photography grads are still the best-paid of the art majors, though they make almost $10,000 less than the typical holder of a bachelor’s degree.

Some interesting figures: there’s a 7.3% unemployment rate for photo degree holders in general, and a 12.9% rate for recent graduates. The median salaries are $45,000 and $30,000, respectively.
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography